can we match the physical play of the bucs?

BankerBird™

i'm as much a bucs-hater as anyone, but one thing that seems to be a constant with them is that they're always one of the most physical teams in the league, especially on defense. those dudes will h-i-t you. do you guys think we can go toe-to-toe and play a "buss-'em-in-the-mouth" kind of game?

i see sunday as being a low-scoring, 15-round heavyweight fight. i just hope our d can both take and dish out blows for four quarters, cuz it's gonna be nasty.

i'm as much a bucs-hater as anyone, but one thing that seems to be a constant with them is that they're always one of the most physical teams in the league, especially on defense. those dudes will h-i-t you. do you guys think we can go toe-to-toe and play a "buss-'em-in-the-mouth" kind of game?

i see sunday as being a low-scoring, 15-round heavyweight fight. i just hope our d can both take and dish out blows for four quarters, cuz it's gonna be nasty.

our d can fight with there offense...same ole gruden smoke and mirrors..as always though when playing the bucs d..(monte kiffin) our offense has to play and execute better.....when mike as here it was about them stopping him...if they did that they won..if they didnt they loss......i would say there defense is salivating at the chance at getting at harrington. everyone knows how to beat the tampa 2. u run right at them, seam routes and skinny post up the middle. should be a good game.

lifes a game u gotta play it while u can!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't know if our ol can, but if we can get the ball to roddy or jerious often i know these guys can match their physicality. roddy begs for people to hit him. he is starting to remind me of a young hines ward the way he is blocking downfield and hitting people. maybe we should try him on defense too!

norwood will not be playing, they activated snelling for a reason.

honestly i am not sure.

i do know their defense is much better than anything we've faced so far other than the titans. the bucs are #6 in the nfl when it comes to yards per game.

they are also #15 on offense when it comes to yardage. san fran and carolina are dead last and #28 respectively.

the bucs are for real.

and btw, the game where byron played 1 half... the saints are the 29th worse passing defense in the nfl. tampa bay is #3.

things aren't looking good. tampa is playing good defense and i think we're in for a reality check.

honestly i am not sure.

i do know their defense is much better than anything we've faced so far other than the titans. the bucs are #6 in the nfl when it comes to yards per game.

they are also #15 on offense when it comes to yardage. san fran and carolina are dead last and #28 respectively.

the bucs are for real.

and btw, the game where byron played 1 half... the saints are the 29th worse passing defense in the nfl. tampa bay is #3.

things aren't looking good. tampa is playing good defense and i think we're in for a reality check.

good analysis, man, and that's what i'm talking about. this game is gonna be straight old school and the falcons had better be ready to lace 'em up and throw some (el)bows.

good analysis, man, and that's what i'm talking about. this game is gonna be straight old school and the falcons had better be ready to lace 'em up and throw some (el)bows.

no kidding.

i didn't realize tampa was playing defense that well.

they could be real trouble but i am really interested in seeing how petrino's offensive skills matches up with monte's skills at d.

after all these years i have much respect for monte kiffin.

if we're going to win this game our defense has to step up because our offense is going to stall.

to answer the question at the head of your post...............no. the last 3 or 4 games here against tampa we were "out-muscled" each and every time. they made us look foolish.

actually grifter, we hit him so hard that he was pulled out for it. a game later, he had to be carted off. the damage was done.

you don't really think that do you? he didn't even miss a snap in that game. he only missed one when he actually got hurt in the panthers game.

i think its going to be a real dogfight.

that's not quite fair, though... petrino doesn't have all of his pieces together yet. he's got limited options and weapons. our offense will look like it's taken a big step back, i'm afraid.

i understand that. i wasn't thinking that we would look like the 2000 rams.

i was curious to see what petrino would do as far as gameplanning goes.

i'm talking about pre-snap formations and if the offense tries to adjust to what the defense shows.

don't worry. i know petrino is outmatched when it comes to this one. i just want to see what he does when his back is against the wall.

it will be one thing if he's successfull. if petrino is not then i'll be curious to see what he has to say.

will it be that we didn't execute and could have done better or will it be the fault of the players?

if we lose i don't want excuses. i want accountability.

great topic banker..

a lot of posters are overlooking the bucs but that team is no slouch. i'm not sure how many games some have seen them play but this is clearly not the same bucs team as 2006.

that defense is tough and garcia aint no slouch either. we don't match up well with the bucs at all.

i would love beat the crap outta them but i just don't see it. hope i'm wrong.

the bucs have always had our number even when mike was here...

great topic banker..

a lot of posters are overlooking the bucs but that team is no slouch. i'm not sure how many games some have seen them play but this is clearly not the same bucs team as 2006.

that defense is tough and garcia aint no slouch either. we don't match up well with the bucs at all.

i would love beat the crap outta them but i just don't see it. hope i'm wrong.

the bucs have always had our number even when mike was here...

oh, i think we'll win the game, and it's true that the bucs have seemed to have our number, but that was pretty much when they still had simeon rice. he's obviously no longer there, but it's still gonna be a slugfest. we've played well against similar style defenses this year (titans, jags), so i'm optimistic that we'll pull it out. it may even work to our favor that the bucs will be a little rusty coming off their bye week.

i think the key is that the falcons know if they win this game, they can smell the playoffs. given all the off-the-field stuff, all the changes, and all the critcisms, they may truly leave it all on the field. this will be a nasty game, and our birdz may break out this game. it'll be an emotional game.

i think the key is that the falcons know if they win this game, they can smell the playoffs. given all the off-the-field stuff, all the changes, and all the critcisms, they may truly leave it all on the field. this will be a nasty game, and our birdz may break out this game. it'll be an emotional game.

which is exactly why the crowd will play such a huge role. we know there'll be a few thousand buc-ites here, but our fans need to have their game face on as well. there's too much riding on this for our fans to not show up! mad.gif

banker it's going to be a fun game to watch, atlanta-tampa bay do not like each other at all.. slugfest much and the team that has the fewest turnoves, i think wil win the game..

it took a couple of drafts and some free agents, but we are a powerhouse, number 6th ranked defense again.. 2nd in the league against the pass..

banker it's going to be a fun game to watch, atlanta-tampa bay do not like each other at all.. slugfest much and the team that has the fewest turnoves, i think wil win the game..

it took a couple of drafts and some free agents, but we are a powerhouse, number 6th ranked defense again.. 2nd in the league against the pass..

is it true that tiki plays half the game for ronde, and no one knows the difference?? biggrin.gif