say goodbye to joey

airassault

whether you like him or hate him is irrelevant now. he has obviously not the qb petrino wants for his system.

when you read joey's reply to the report that byron will be the starter, you can bet your last dollar that harrington is ######ed.

i don't think joey is that bad of a qb and we all have to agree that the jury is still out on leftwich.... but the truth of the matter is that whether you love or hate harrington, petrino should have taken him aside and told him privately what his decision was. it's pretty lousy for him to hear it from the press and not from the coach.

i think if this happened to one of us we would just kick petrino's ###### .... i wonder if joey could? lol

what if lefty sucks? will we need to go with redman because joey will lose interest? if you are harrington, do you have your agent get busy today?

wow.

why don't we just cut every other qb because we obviously don't need a back-up ever?

this is the feeling i get when i read some of these posts.

if harrington doesn't start i still want to keep him on the roster as a back-up.

apparently every other qb in the nfl has a big arm and we're the only team that doesn't have 3 on the depth chart...

dry.gif

at what point did petrino tell joey that he had recaptured the #1 spot on the depth chart. the only reason he is playing is because of injury... why should petrino pull him aside and state the obvious?

it's not about the starting job for the rest of the season, it's a matter of letting him know for this week. apparently petrino has decided that leftwich is healthy enough to start. it really is unprofessional to let joey find out from the press.

whether you like him or hate him is irrelevant now. he has obviously not the qb petrino wants for his system.

when you read joey's reply to the report that byron will be the starter, you can bet your last dollar that harrington is ######ed.

i don't think joey is that bad of a qb and we all have to agree that the jury is still out on leftwich.... but the truth of the matter is that whether you love or hate harrington, petrino should have taken him aside and told him privately what his decision was. it's pretty lousy for him to hear it from the press and not from the coach.

i think if this happened to one of us we would just kick petrino's ###### .... i wonder if joey could? lol

what if lefty sucks? will we need to go with redman because joey will lose interest? if you are harrington, do you have your agent get busy today?

if lefty sucks then he can be no worse than joey is and was. he has 5td's and 5int. that's just pathetic. our scoring offense is ranked 29th.

his agent getting busyfor what nobody wants joey.have you watched any games have you looked at his stats?

i thought he looked kind of floored by that too. however, petrino was really noncommittal on who would start. he said something to the effect of joey would be the starter thisweek if we had to go today, but he didn't want to come out and say that if byron is 100 percent that he wouldn't just go with byron. i say joey is the clear #2 if he's not the starter. he's not going anywhere yet, by far...maybe to the bench, but who's to say for how long?

joey will not lose interest even if they go back to him. joey knows he is playing for his football life this year, if he goes out and mails it in if he is called on again he'll be sitting at home next season watching football. petrino knows that if he needs to go back to harrington he can, if harrington doesn't like it i think petrino doesn't feel there is that much of a dropoff between harrington and redman.

it's not about the starting job for the rest of the season, it's a matter of letting him know for this week. apparently petrino has decided that leftwich is healthy enough to start. it really is unprofessional to let joey find out from the press.

i don't think you've read petrino's statements. he didn't say leftwich was starting sunday. as a matter of fact, it sounded more to me like he was saying the jh is starting, but that they (the team) made the decision that leftwich was going to be the starter (probably when they initially benched jh). when leftwich is back to health, he'll be the starter again.

now why is it everyone makes a big deal of that. there's no way jh is a starter. even most backups should have been able to trounce sf. we barely escaped in that game. and carolina isn't a scoring machine either. with the way we stuffed them on sunday, that game shouldn't have been close. the only reason it was close was because carolina didn't have to worry about setting anyone up further than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage and they knew jh couldn't do a thing about them putting 8 and 9 men in the box.

they were almost right, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, and jh found one in a short seam pass to crump.

now he's probably one more week away from being what he was brought here to be, a backup, unless leftwich doesn't experience too many problems from his practice today and he's able to go at 100% tomorrow. no one in their right mind would start jh in this league. as we've seen, he does absolutely nothing to lift the team from a leadership standpoint. he has all the heart in the world, but no matter what we like to think, it's talent that wins games on sunday. heart is only applicable where talent is comparitively equal.

celtik

harrington will be back in 2-3 weeks, leftwich will hurt himself again behind that o line

something tells me we still haven't seen the last of mr. harrington.

i'll say this about joey. he gives you everything he has within his capabilities. and that equals up to a player giving you his all. the nfl is not a touchy feely place. here today ....... gone tomorrow ........ and i think joey knows that .... but i'm like you ...... he'll be back ....... our offensive line is suicide for any qb.

wow.

why don't we just cut every other qb because we obviously don't need a back-up ever?

this is the feeling i get when i read some of these posts.

if harrington doesn't start i still want to keep him on the roster as a back-up.

apparently every other qb in the nfl has a big arm and we're the only team that doesn't have 3 on the depth chart...

dry.gif

i wouldn't want joey backing up a youth league team... mad.gif

i just hope that leftwich doesn't put us in too big of a hole before he breaks his ankle in the 3rd and leaves it up to joey to try to get us out of it.

mark my words. if leftwich doesn't go down sunday with an injury, then he will definitely go down on thanksgiving. indy's defense is too strong for our ol and leftwich is too fat and slow to get out of the way.

like the saints game?

something tells me we still haven't seen the last of mr. harrington.

look . . . . harrington is who he is, not who people thought he would be when he was drafted. personally, i think he's got some arm issues and might have rotator cuff surgery in the off season, but that's pure speculation. he must have had better arm strength at some point, right?

but he's shown talent and mentality to be a decent back up qb in this league. yes, he's destined to pulling down half a mil to a mil. for the next half dozen or so years working a few afternoons a year in the nfl. he'll get some action but he won't be a starter. remember, he was never supposed to be our starter. if you're back up can get you a win every once in a while, you're doing ok. especially when you're number one guy is the highest paid player (and biggest salary cap hit) in the nfl. that's a huge chunk of payroll that's not on the field.

i hope he stays with the falcons and fills in for the first rounder we draft next year, or else gets picked up by a play off team. it would be nice if he has a chance to shine in a back up roll someplace.

harrington's been a class act in this town.

as sad as it sounds i could see harrington end up on a team like the patriots because belichick likes the "team" guys. he's good to have in a locker room and good person in the community. plus he has experience as well. this has ironically probably been his best all around year and he has the highest qb rating he has had in his career. he has only turned the ball over 5 times all year 5 times...to put that in perspective, peyton had more turnovers just last sunday. now harrington isn't peyton but not many here seem to notice that having only 5 turnovers actually helps our d stats because we don't put them in bad starting positions. i think at this point in his career harrington won't have to worry about work, i'm sure oakland would rather have him than mccown, i'm sure chicago would have him over grossman/griese, i'm sure baltimore would rather have him than boller/mcnair...heck i think the dolphins would like to have him back. harrington has been classy all year despite petrino having horrible horrible communication skills. i personally see harrington has a guy like trent dilfer or richie gannon as a guy who over the course of the next few years will iron out as a good qb on a better team than what we currently have.