falcons kicker morten andersen has been named nfc special teams player of the week

faninmd

flowery branch, ga. the nfl announced wednesday that falcons kicker morten andersen has been named nfc special teams player of the week following his performance against the carolina panthers in a 20-13 falcons victory last sunday.

andersen, a 25-year veteran, reached another milestone in his illustrious career when his 36-yard field goal in the third quarter gave him his 2,500th career point. the great dane also split the uprights on his second attempt of the day, a 47-yard kick in the fourth quarter, which tied a season long and gave the falcons a 13-10 lead. with the addition of two extra points, andersen tallied a total of eight points against the panthers.

with 2,503 career points, andersen continues to hold the record as the nfl s all-time leading scorer, topping gary anderson (2,434) by 69 points. he has also set falcons franchise records in career points (766), the longest field goal of 59 yards (1995), the most 50-yard field goals in a season with eight (1995), the most extra points in a career (239) and is second in most points scored in a season with 122 (1995).

the honor marks the ninth of andersen s career and the first for a falcons player this season.

isn't there a new record that is within reach for mort this season? anyone know what it is?

here we go:

as of week 9 of the 2007 nfl season, andersen holds the following nfl records:

most games played (career) - 374

most field goals (career) - 554

most points (career) - 2,504

most field goals attempted (career) - 698

most field goals (50 or more yards) (total) - 40

most field goals (50 or more yards) in a season - 8

most field goals (50 or more yards) in a game - 3 (vs. new orleans, december 10, 1995) (tied with neil rackers and kris brown)

most seasons, 100 or more points - 14 (tied with jason elam and gary anderson)

most consecutive games with a point (career) - 346

pro bowl records:

most points in pro bowl (total) - 45 (15 points after touchdown, 10 field goals)

most points after touchdown in pro bowl (total) - 15

most field goal attempts in pro bowl (total) - 18

most field goals in pro bowl (total) - 10

andersen currently holds 2nd place in the following nfl records:

most points after touchdown attempted (career) - 844 (1st place: george blanda, 959)

most points after touchdown made (career) - 834 (1st place: george blanda, 943)

most seasons - 25 (1st place: george blanda, 26)

flowery branch, ga. the nfl announced wednesday that falcons kicker morten andersen has been named nfc special teams player of the week following his performance against the carolina panthers in a 20-13 falcons victory last sunday.

andersen, a 25-year veteran, reached another milestone in his illustrious career when his 36-yard field goal in the third quarter gave him his 2,500th career point. the great dane also split the uprights on his second attempt of the day, a 47-yard kick in the fourth quarter, which tied a season long and gave the falcons a 13-10 lead. with the addition of two extra points, andersen tallied a total of eight points against the panthers.

with 2,503 career points, andersen continues to hold the record as the nfl s all-time leading scorer, topping gary anderson (2,434) by 69 points. he has also set falcons franchise records in career points (766), the longest field goal of 59 yards (1995), the most 50-yard field goals in a season with eight (1995), the most extra points in a career (239) and is second in most points scored in a season with 122 (1995).

the honor marks the ninth of andersen s career and the first for a falcons player this season.

the irony of it all.

falcon's win

mort get's player iof the week honors along with houston and coleman

joey gets whacked but gets right back up like a whack-a-mole game.

joey is a pretty tough dude if you ask me.

and....................

most of all..........................

steve smith cried! lol!!!

the images of steve smith will live here forever, maybe even as long as mort!

on smith crying, dude won't ever live that down.

michaelgee laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

i don't have alot of insight on this topic, but is it possible that he could make the hall of fame with those records? i don't know if there ever has been a kicker in the hof, but there's always a first!

looked it up... and jan stenerud is the only kicker? if for some unthinkable inconceivable reason mort didn't get in...the hall should be burned to the ground.

the irony of it all.

falcon's win

mort get's player iof the week honors along with houston and coleman

joey gets whacked but gets right back up like a whack-a-mole game.

joey is a pretty tough dude if you ask me.

and....................

most of all..........................

steve smith cried! lol!!!

the images of steve smith will live here forever, maybe even as long as mort!

on smith crying, dude won't ever live that down.

michaelgee laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

the caroline forum has a vick discussion forum.

i say we have a steve smith crying forum laugh.gif

bigger question is does he go in as a falcon or a saint?

i would hope a falcon. would make sense. maybe he'll get recognized for both teams.

mort tells the story about being all excited when a polish inventor came up with the toilet seat.

the bad part was, it was another 8 years before an englishman thought to cut a hole in it.

i heard he was the original editor for beowulf, the book, not the movie. i wonder if anyone is going to get that.