will arthur spring for any un-sold tickets ??

peedue

if he does...he's the dumbest businessman in the world.

why should he foot the bill for atlanta's fair weather fan-dom?

so that i can watch it on tv. even though i would have watched it regardless or wouldn't have watched it regardless, i would have still have bought just as much merchandise as i did before...

so that i can watch it on tv. even though i would have watched it regardless or wouldn't have watched it regardless, i would have still have bought just as much merchandise as i did before...

which is why he won't do it.

the fact that you stated... you'd buy just as much merch as before...so why does he need to make sure it's on tv? laugh.gif

seriously...making sure people can see the game for free is so far on his list of "things to do" you can't measure it with existing technology.

but hey! radio's still free.

if he does...he's the dumbest businessman in the world.

why should he foot the bill for atlanta's fair weather fan-dom?

why ?? ..............why ??

oh, maybe to try to create some buzz with the community with a dreadful franchise going thru a dreadful year..................for the 38th year out of 41 years ??

why ?? maybe to repay the loyal fan who may be lucky to make enough money to buy a tv set every 8 to 10 years, but couldn't begin to afford to go to a game. there are probably 2 million people in the surrounding area who fit that profile.

why ?? ..........................because the overstuffed owner can afford it !!!!!!!!!!! in spades !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i won't bother you with the other 422 reasons.

which is why he won't do it.

the fact that you stated... you'd buy just as much merch as before...so why does he need to make sure it's on tv? laugh.gif

seriously...making sure people can see the game for free is so far on his list of "things to do" you can't measure it with existing technology.

but hey! radio's still free.

we began to sell the stadium when there became excitement about the falcons either through vick or through the fact we got involved in playoff races... right now there is none. if we win this week, there will be a serge of interest in the saints mnf game... if we win the saints game, believe me, there will not be anymore blackouts this year and hopefully our off season will provide the possibility and excitement to prosper in 08.

if someone lives within 75 miles then they should attend the game. if they live further away then the blackout is not what decides the game that is broadcast. i guess i don't understand all of these questions surrounding the blackout since i live locally and go to the games.

well good for you !!! did it ever occur to you that 70% of the population perhaps can't afford to go to a game ??

oh, maybe to try to create some buzz with the community with a dreadful franchise going thru a dreadful year..................for the 38th year out of 41 years ??

why ?? maybe to repay the loyal fan who may be lucky to make enough money to buy a tv set every 8 to 10 years, but couldn't begin to afford to go to a game. there are probably 2 million people in the surrounding area who fit that profile.

why ?? ..........................because the overstuffed owner can afford it !!!!!!!!!!! in spades !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what does blank owe you?

we began to sell the stadium when there became excitement about the falcons either through vick or through the fact we got involved in playoff races... right now there is none. if we win this week, there will be a serge of interest in the saints mnf game... if we win the saints game, believe me, there will not be anymore blackouts this year and hopefully our off season will provide the possibility and excitement to prosper in 08.

all true..............but don't you think mr. blank could afford to make sure evrybody in the metro area gets to see the games ?? like the braves.................hawks................and somewhat the thrashers ??

if someone lives within 75 miles then they should attend the game. if they live further away then the blackout is not what decides the game that is broadcast. i guess i don't understand all of these questions surrounding the blackout since i live locally and go to the games.

for the same reason i go to bull dog games because i live around athens... i can make them. i can't make 1pm games...

buzz? let's see...this team is still "in it" as far as our division goes. they won the last two games. the players haven't given up, even though, they are being punished for something they had nothing to do with (vick's law breaking escapades). but, to prove to you he's a "stand up guy", blank's gotta spoon feed you too? if he doesn't, he's a fat-cat skin flint. well, that "skin flint" does more for the city for the truly underprivledged than you will ever dream of doing. maybe he should buy you a luxury suite while he's at it.

as for the 38 bad out of 41...blank has only owned the team for 6-7 years. he certainly can't be held resposnible for what came before. but...you probably will anyway. 'cause it's easy.

as i said...there were obviously plenty of buyers when vick was here. now...suddenly everyone's broke? yeaaaaah, right.

f-a-i-r-w-e-a-t-h-er- f-a-n-s. period.

this town doesn't deserve to watch the game for free.

exactly

all true..............but don't you think mr. blank could afford to make sure evrybody in the metro area gets to see the games ?? like the braves.................hawks................and somewhat the thrashers ??

maybe, maybe not... i just know the braves, hawks, and thrashers don't have that option... though they should... that way i wouldn't have to watch braves, hawks, and thrashers... ugh... (that's a comment on the sports, not the teams...)

any other owner would do the same. and before you pull the "he has no love of football owner" card, your steeler, packer, (fill in the blank historic franchise) owners don't because they don't have too... they are filled regardless... but garunteed if that weren't the case, those owners would not buy the rest of the tickets needed to prevent a blackout...

maybe, maybe not... i just know the braves, hawks, and thrashers don't have that option... though they should... that way i wouldn't have to watch braves, hawks, and thrashers... ugh... (that's a comment on the sports, not the teams...)

any other owner would do the same. and before you pull the "he has no love of football owner" card, your steeler, packer, (fill in the blank historic franchise) owners don't because they don't have too... they are filled regardless... but garunteed if that weren't the case, those owners would not buy the rest of the tickets needed to prevent a blackout...

the fact is...even in down seasons, towns like gb, chicago and philly never worry about blackouts because their fan base comes regardless.

in atlanta, the game could get blacked out because elmo on ice is at phillips and the "fans" go with their gut.

buzz? let's see...this team is still "in it" as far as our division goes. they won the last two games. the players haven't given up, even though, they are being punished for something they had nothing to do with (vick's law breaking escapades). but, to prove to you he's a "stand up guy", blank's gotta spoon feed you too? if he doesn't, he's a fat-cat skin flint. well, that "skin flint" does more for the city for the truly underprivledged than you will ever dream of doing. maybe he should buy you a luxury suite while he's at it.

as for the 38 bad out of 41...blank has only owned the team for 6-7 years. he certainly can't be held resposnible for what came before. but...you probably will anyway. 'cause it's easy.

as i said...there were obviously plenty of buyers when vick was here. now...suddenly everyone's broke? yeaaaaah, right.

f-a-i-r-w-e-a-t-h-er- f-a-n-s. period.

this town doesn't deserve to watch the game for free.

exactly

well for your information mr. senior falcon.....................i too am a senior.............a senior supporter as well. i've probably owned 4 season tickets longer than anyone on this board, since 1971, that's 36 years !!! i can afford it but that's not the point. there are tons of people who can't. they can't even think of it !! but they do enjoy seeing games on tv. no mystery there. approx. 10 years ago i started giving some of the tickets to people who could never afford to go to a game. that gave me more pleasure than the games themselves. mr. blank would love the experience.

the beauty of it would be doing it not because you have to, but because you can...........and you want to ................for the community and for the humanity of it.

that's all.

well for your information mr. senior falcon.....................i too am a senior.............a senior supporter as well. i've probably owned 4 season tickets longer than anyone on this board, since 1971, that's 36 years !!! i can afford it but that's not the point. there are tons of people who can't. they can't even think of it !! but they do enjoy seeing games on tv. no mystery there. approx. 10 years ago i started giving some of the tickets to people who could never afford to go to a game. that gave me more pleasure than the games themselves. mr. blank would love the experience.

well gee whillikers...you win.

as i said before....the seat were full when #7 was here...did he buy the seats?

now that's an idea!!!

how about you ask vick to buy the seats?

mr. senior falcon too?

as for blank loving the experience of giving...i think he's kinda got that covered with the arthur blank foundation. let's see...helping families by helping make sure their kids get a quality education. the atlanta falcons foundations bankrolls a lot of youth activities & organizations. but, sure...giving away tickets would certainly eclipse those. blink.gif

i'm only 40 yrs old. i've lived in the southern part of the state until 15 years ago. i've been a sth for 14 yrs.

guess i just didn't want it enough.