weiner at lt

wren

he didnt have that wonderful of at start but that wasnt a huge surprise seeing as he also was returning from injury and didnt get to practice that spot for long. he might make a much better lt than rt seeing as his biggest attribute is quick feet.

oh and those of you who saw rucker get the sack, that was off a stunt, rucker would have been blaylock's man to pick up off the switch.

weiner is never going to get a ton of push in the run game, but if we get a hoss at rt that could jump start the rt spot as forney's strength is run blocking. pair another bigger guy we can run well to that side with better than average success.

conversely if weiner and blaylock get something going we can at least be soild to middle of the road going left.

thoughts?

weiner was actually a lt in college, in seattle and when he first came here. he was moved to rt to protect vicks blind side. i am glad they did it.

when i was thinking of my mock, i liked the idea of getting a rt in fa (since there are some decent guys there) and moving weiner over to lt to compete with a 2nd round rookie ot.

he didnt have that wonderful of at start but that wasnt a huge surprise seeing as he also was returning from injury and didnt get to practice that spot for long. he might make a much better lt than rt seeing as his biggest attribute is quick feet.

oh and those of you who saw rucker get the sack, that was off a stunt, rucker would have been blaylock's man to pick up off the switch.

weiner is never going to get a ton of push in the run game, but if we get a hoss at rt that could jump start the rt spot as forney's strength is run blocking. pair another bigger guy we can run well to that side with better than average success.

conversely if weiner and blaylock get something going we can at least be soild to middle of the road going left.

thoughts?

i just was happy to see him back. it's good to have experience on the o-line, regardless of what position a guy plays.

weiner was actually a lt in college, in seattle and when he first came here. he was moved to rt to protect vicks blind side. i am glad they did it.

when i was thinking of my mock, i liked the idea of getting a rt in fa (since there are some decent guys there) and moving weiner over to lt to compete with a 2nd round rookie ot.

weiner was a lt in seattle?

only if walter jones was hurt. i think it's safe to say he's a much better lt than weiner.

i think weiner makes a decent rt, but will be out-matched on the left side. i'm starting to really like what i am seeing in clabo. i can't believe i'm saying this, but he might make a decent replacement for forney. there was a time when i believed forney was the best lineman we had. that time has come and gone, though. all that said, i would rather see weiner stay at rt, and the falcons draft or sign a pure lt. also, i like mcclure's football mind, but he is a liability out there. time to go todd.

i was about to say...he was a lt before coming here, he only switched to rt to be vick's blind side guy.

we only have righty's now, so might as well put him back at lt.