how much weight to the "petrino to auburn" rumor??

soulsinger

heard it for the first time this past weekend. auburn is my saturday team...(yeah i know...complete meltdown in athens). i'm used to rumors about tubberville this time of the year. but the one this year has tuberville going to texas a&m, and petrino coming to auburn. boy, talk about mixed feelings about this one. although my spirits were pretty high about petrino at first, i've never been a big fan of successful college coaches jumping straight to nfl head coach. they rarely do well. now, given the circumstances, i'm in "wait and see" mode with him. he's not scared to tell a player that he's not performing well (accountability)...and that means a lot. but on the other hand, i think he would make auburn a force in the sec. auburn is already a tough defensive team by default (sec don't play around baby!!!) on most saturdays. but their offense (brian cox is average at best) is pretty mundane at times.

hugh nall will be the next auburn coach.

auburn likes having a link to auburn for their coaches.

hugh nall coached at georgia southern for erk russell.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?coach=270

hugh is the epitomy of erk russell, who went to auburn before coaching at uga, then georgia southern.

erk russell coached at uga, he was legendary there.

hugh nall played at uga 77-80.

hugh nall will be the next auburn head coach.

last year when georgia southern was looking for a replacement for bvg, they contacted hugh nall about the job.

indications were made that nall will remain an auburn man.

there was much discussion locally a year ago, it was suggested that nall is in line for the auburn hc job, only i don't see tommy tub going anywhere.

tub got outcoached for one game, mark richt also outcoached urban meyer at uf this year as well, it happens.

notre dame needs to can weiss if any hc needs to go.

sheesh, weiss can't even manage a plate of food, how will he ever manage a hc job??

michaelgee wink.gif

petrino will be the falcons coach next year. i doubt he wants to leave all that money on the table or the chance to build the team the way he wants it. people act as if he's in a bad situation. he's not. he's got a big contract and a lot of control to build the team. most coaches would kill for that. even if he did want to leave the falcons may have some ability to deny him release from his contract.

petrino will be the falcons coach next year. i doubt he wants to leave all that money on the table or the chance to build the team the way he wants it. people act as if he's in a bad situation. he's not. he's got a big contract and a lot of control to build the team. most coaches would kill for that. even if he did want to leave the falcons may have some ability to deny him release from his contract.

agreed, and it isn't like everything will be better after this year.

i don't think you could pry petrino out of blank's hands.

who could really blame the hc for the franchise face self destructing?

petrino now is in the drivers seat, to get what he wants in atl.

i still say we may have just saved 2 years waiting for vick to be exposed as not able to read defenses properly.

michaelgee blink.gif

agreed, and it isn't like everything will be better after this year.

i don't think you could pry petrino out of blank's hands.

who could really blame the hc for the franchise face self destructing?

petrino now is in the drivers seat, to get what he wants in atl.

i still say we may have just saved 2 years waiting for vick to be exposed as not able to read defenses properly.

michaelgee blink.gif

dude...i think last night in san diego was a good example of how no one reads defenses properly when they don't have good protection or good players on the field. mr "walk on water" peyton manning threw six interceptions last night!! six!!! if michael vick or harrington ever did that, someone would probably firebomb their home that night. two of manning's starting offensive lineman, his "get open all the time" te, and his speedy downfield threat that no one ever jams were all not playing last night.

my point is, no matter who the qb is...he's gotta have other people on the team doing their jobs or he's not gonna win. what other player on the falcon's team did teams go..."aw man, we gotta game plan to find a way to stop that guy" manning has people like that all around him...harrison, his whole off. line, freeney, mathis, the te, the other wideout with the 10 catches last night, the stubby lil safety named bob that's all over the field. jeeze man...that's just off the top of my head. how do you not be successful with that many teammates doing their jobs?