a surprising comment d-hall made referring to chris houston

careerkilla

he definitely grew up," hall said. "like i told him today, if i've got to take less money to be here and play alongside him, i'll do it. that kid definitely grew up today. he's going to be a force to be reckoned with in this league."

it kind of sounds like hall wants to be here......or is he just giving something political????

fire away

the thing about it, i actually believe him because one thing about d-hall is when he talks he speaks his mind. he tells you the truth from his perspective and i think he sincerely wants to be here.

those comments made a couple of weeks ago, were from someone that was just in need of a w; the falcons hopefully are in a roll, so the team should start coming to play a lot better now...

and when he said the exact opposite earlier this year, did he mean that too?

you never know what is up with him. if he was more mature and humble, i'd say lock him up. the problem is he isn't and that gets him into 'trouble'. the question is whether he will change. i think he can, afterall, he is still very young. i wonder if he will want to coexist with a coach like petrino.

and when he said the exact opposite earlier this year, did he mean that too?

he never said he was going to another team he just said he was in line for a big payday after a frustrating 2 losses we should have easily won and with the unfair critisism he was taking when he was one of the few playing worth a ****

you never know what is up with him. if he was more mature and humble, i'd say lock him up. the problem is he isn't and that gets him into 'trouble'. the question is whether he will change. i think he can, afterall, he is still very young. i wonder if he will want to coexist with a coach like petrino.

lets not forget he turns 24 in 2 weeks he still has time and he has not even reached near his peek or potential

who knows? there's still quite a few games to play and deangelo could be playing his way back into the teams long term plans.

but on another note i agree that houston played very well considering how much they threw at him yesterday.

he still made a few mistakes, (he's still a rookie), but overall he played very well.

don't start thinking houston can replace deangelo. i just really like the thought of having 2 good corners.

he said he didn't want to sign an extension, he wanted to become a free agent and get a big payday.

that's exactly the opposite of saying he'll take less to stay here, especially since it would mean signing a contract this offseason before he becomes a fa.

wait, is this a contract year for hall or does he have another year left on his contract?

i don't ever remember hearing this was a contract year for hall.

his contract went through 2009, but he's voided the 2009 year (which means we can't franchise him after 2008). so he's signed through 2008, but if we don't get anything for him this offseason, he'll become an ufa with no option to franchise, so he can go to the highest bidder with no compensation. my take is that we're building for 2009 and beyond, not expecting a superbowl run next year, so if he doesn't want to sign an extension this offseason, we have to trade him to get value for him.

why couldn't we franchise him in '09 if he's already voided it? is it similar to what happened with kerney?

i think we should resign him if we can.

with the way the free agent market is when it comes to corners you're going to overpay for any corner... especially if they have any talent. remember how much we gave webster?

i know what you're saying but i think we need to keep him if we can. i mean look at how much san fran payed for clements... do you think they got their moneys worth?

he has made a lot of comments like this, it's not like he walks around saying he wants to be traded.

he wants to get paid, every football player does... if this isn't something you recognize then i have to question your level of common sense when it comes to pro football.

i think hall really likes working with houston. remember he was taking him around after he got drafted and everyone thought it was great that he was taking houston under his wing? i think hall would like to stay here, but he also wants to get the money he very rightfully deserves from this team.