don't know if this has been mentioned, but i have to vent.

hammafan

i cannot believe how bad the commetators were for this game. donahue could not figure out that weiner started the game at lt. he called chris houston, chris horton. he gave credit to dhall for tackles that d. williams made. i think i spent more time screaming out corrections than actually watching the game. also, he repeated the phrase, "they have to feed the ball to foster" evey 30 seconds.

horrible.

what is chris rose from? i know ive seen that m o r on before, i just dont know where its from!!

but you are 100% right, they were driving me nuts too. i could do a better job doing both the play by play and color commentary at the same time than these two idiots did yesterday. and 2 weeks in a row? god its hard to listen to. i turned the volume down for the 3rd quarter because id gotten so used to the calm during halftime. laugh.gif

does anyone know what rose did before this though?

i completely agree. i was thinking this same thing throughout the game. chris rose gave credit to corey mcintyre for almost every special teams tackle, even if he wasnt near the play. the one time he credited daron stone for the special teams tackle.... it was corey mcintyre.

he got boley mixed up for jamal anderson like 5 times... pretty easy to tell those 2 apart, wouldnt you think?

i completely agree. i was thinking this same thing throughout the game. chris rose gave credit to corey mcintyre for almost every special teams tackle, even if he wasnt near the play. the one time he credited daron stone for the special teams tackle.... it was corey mcintyre.

he got boley mixed up for jamal anderson like 5 times... pretty easy to tell those 2 apart, wouldnt you think?

it's like they didn't do any preperation at all.

whats funny is that i can watch some scrub matchup like arizona versus detroit like i did yesterday, and name every player better than the announcers...and i dont do it for a friggin living.

get some people in the booth that know a thing or two about the teams, first and foremost, and some guys that have a working vocabulary so they dont have to spit out football cliches all day. the networks should be embarassed.

and wtf is up with zebras this year? i have seen the worst officiating, overall, this season among college and the pros.

all the good announcers and play-by-play guys are at cbs and nbc. ****, the guys that announce college games for espn/abc are way better than the fox nfl crew.

i think almost all the college games are called better. i dont like chris speilman and whoever he's with. but other than that, i think they're all better. nfl games are called by negative blowhards. monday night football is the worst now.

he was (still is, i think) the host of the best **** sports show on foxsports. that is probably where you have seen him. he also did a lot of the in-studio highlights last year for fox when they had their pre-game show on the road.

terry donahue is the worst color commentator in the game. he actually sound drunk most of the time, which normally would be funny to me. however, when watching the falcons, it just tends to irritate me. between listening to him or tony boselli, i think i would rather listen to my head banging against the wall.

yes!!! thank you. god i havent watched that show in years, i knew i recognized him though!

god that guy is a brick... both rose and donahue...

i never thought i'd be wishing for brian baldinger, but yesterday......i did. ohmy.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

gamecenter on nfl.com wasn't any better. they couldn't get anything right. names, points, field position...

at one point it showed d hall on offense score a td, they gave us the points and then it changed it to an int for the panthers.

dude i know nfl.com and gamecenter on yahoo.com: said on the robinson fumble d.hall recovered fumble return 76 yards for a td. it showed the score to be 13-3. i was like wow that means hall was playing offense? and what's up with my local fox station? it had on the guide atlanta vs carolina. but at kickoff it changed to minns vs green bay. everything was messed up yesterday. but we still won

get a winning football team and you get better announcers. it's as simple as that. winning makes you relevant and it makes people pay attention to you.

the falcons haven't done that so until we do we will be stuck with announcers that really don't want to be stuck doing what amounts to, "entry level" work.

turn on the sap on your tv this sunday. if the game does not have a spanish broadcast you should only hear the field noise. and if it is broadcast in spanish you can brush on your espsnol.

win win situation. i did it once last season and i'll never forget after a horrible spot all i could hear was mora scraming "who's f***ing spot was that?".

ahh good times.