chris houston can be a better corner than deangelo.

oldblazer

the chances of houston being better than hall are very slim. that's not a knock on houston, i just think that hall is 23 and is just now beginning to tap into his potential (and he has a good coach in zimmer who knows to use him in man-to-man coverage). again, not taking anything away from houston, because i think he could be a very very good #2 corner and maybe a decent #1, but elite corners like hall don't come around that often.

i agree with the other guy though... why can't we just keep both of them and have a really good cornerback duo for years to come?

one thing houston needs to work on is getting his head turned around quicker to pick up the ball. hall came into the league with excellent ball skills from day one. sorta like cromartie from s.d. they both go after the ball like receivers and look to take it to the house. that's what separates good corners from great corners. i remember arguing with another mb member about who was the better prospect in the 2006 draft tye hill or cromartie. i picked cromartie because of his play-making ability and got ripped for doing so. people talked about the guy only starting one college game, but failed to acknowledge the plays he made in limtied college action. funny, i just saw cromartie pick peyton off in the end zone. smile.gif

one thing houston needs to work on is getting his head turned around quicker to pick up the ball. hall came into the league with excellent ball skills from day one. sorta like cromartie from s.d. they both go after the ball like receivers and look to take it to the house. that's what separates good corners from great corners. i remember arguing with another mb member about who was the better prospect in the 2006 draft tye hill or cromartie. i picked cromartie because of his play-making ability and got ripped for doing so. people talked about the guy only starting one college game, but failed to acknowledge the plays he made in limtied college action. funny, i just saw cromartie pick peyton off in the end zone. smile.gif

cromartie just got another one.

the difference being, hall has proven to be good, while houston def has potential to be as good. but why must this comparison arise, cant we just keep both and have a crazy db duo?

i agree.

the one thing that worries me about houston is that he doesn't turn his head to look at the ball.

he could get called for faceguarding.

but he's young with a lot of talent--he'll learn.

if he doesn't pick up any of d-lo's bad habits.

remember in hall's first season, how physical he was? he hasn't been the same ever since. he's still great but he has evolved into a deion sanders wanna be. chris houston is tougher and he's playing quicker than 21.

umm, the reason hall isn't physical is because of the rule changes.

thanx to the new england secondary mainly rodney harrison, ty law, no one can really be physical any more

umm, the reason hall isn't physical is because of the rule changes.

thanx to the new england secondary mainly rodney harrison, ty law, no one can really be physical any more

sorry but i think hall is still plenty physical. in the first panthers game he gave one of the best (and cleanest) jams at the line i've ever seen against steve smith. the refs called it a blow to the head but they were definitely wrong...

remember in hall's first season, how physical he was? he hasn't been the same ever since. he's still great but he has evolved into a deion sanders wanna be. chris houston is tougher and he's playing quicker than 21.

keep telling yourself that

btw, remember they are about the same age.

we need to retain d.hall at all costs

keep telling yourself that

btw, remember they are about the same age.

we need to retain d.hall at all costs

as falcons fans. we should just hope that they're both top flight. dhall is **** near there(he might be now, clearly his best year as a corner), and houston has potential to take away some wrs in this league. 2 lockdown corners are better than 1!

both 2 very good posts. smile.gif

now all we need is a really good free safety and a playmaking ilb...and a pass-rushing dt...and some special team freaks...