a problem i have with joey

obviously, joey can't throw the deep ball down field. i have come to expect that & almost be ok with it (**** - i just threw up a little in my mouth after typing that). anyway, here is my thing though (or atleast 1 of them). on 1st down, on our next to last drive, he threw his longest pass of the whole day. it was a "pump & go" to roddy. he threw the ball over 20 yrds. in the air. it was incomplete, but that's ok. if he would do that atleast once per drive, it would loosen the d up. he doesn't have to throw bombs. even if they are incomplete passes - he has to do it ! ! ! ! ! i heard the announcers say atleast once, maybe twice, that we had a receiver running wide open down the field. i don't think teams even cover our receivers if they run deep routes. they know we're not gonna throw it there. joey has gotta throw some deeper passes even if they are incomplete, or god forbid - intercepted. teams will have to atleast think about it & somewhat defend it, which will help the running game, as well as, the underneath passing game.

this brings me to my 2nd point. did you guys notice how many of our receivers had to catch balls as they were falling down??? all the little "dink & dunk" passes wouldn't be soo bad if he would hit someone so they could make a football move and gain a few yac. i mean ****. it will be 3rd & 8, joey will throw a 5 yrd pass, but the receiver isn't able to catch the ball in stride & run for a few yards & a 1st down. we end up 4th & 2.

i am not hating on joey. he got us a win. he hung in there on the game winner to crump & got crushed. i appreciate his effort & really like him as a person. i just have some problems with his game. i honestly think they are things that he can fix though.

1 - just throw six to eight 20 to 25 yrd. passes per game (reguardless of the outcome)

2 - work on timing, or what ever, and hit the receivers on those little underneath routes where they can run for a few yards after the catch.

obviously, joey can't throw the deep ball down field. i have come to expect that & almost be ok with it (**** - i just threw up a little in my mouth after typing that). anyway, here is my thing though (or atleast 1 of them). on 1st down, on our next to last drive, he threw his longest pass of the whole day. it was a "pump & go" to roddy. he threw the ball over 20 yrds. in the air. it was incomplete, but that's ok. if he would do that atleast once per drive, it would loosen the d up. he doesn't have to throw bombs. even if they are incomplete passes - he has to do it ! ! ! ! ! i heard the announcers say atleast once, maybe twice, that we had a receiver running wide open down the field. i don't think teams even cover our receivers if they run deep routes. they know we're not gonna throw it there. joey has gotta throw some deeper passes even if they are incomplete, or god forbid - intercepted. teams will have to atleast think about it & somewhat defend it, which will help the running game, as well as, the underneath passing game.

this brings me to my 2nd point. did you guys notice how many of our receivers had to catch balls as they were falling down??? all the little "dink & dunk" passes wouldn't be soo bad if he would hit someone so they could make a football move and gain a few yac. i mean ****. it will be 3rd & 8, joey will throw a 5 yrd pass, but the receiver isn't able to catch the ball in stride & run for a few yards & a 1st down. we end up 4th & 2.

i am not hating on joey. he got us a win. he hung in there on the game winner to crump & got crushed. i appreciate his effort & really like him as a person. i just have some problems with his game. i honestly think they are things that he can fix though.

1 - just throw six to eight 20 to 25 yrd. passes per game (reguardless of the outcome)

2 - work on timing, or what ever, and hit the receivers on those little underneath routes where they can run for a few yards after the catch.

like all qb's- tune into fox right now and see how mortal eli manning and romo look- they are not perfect and have to perform with the coaching staff and surrounding cast.

i agree. poor arm strength.

like all qb's- tune into fox right now and see how mortal eli manning and romo look- they are not perfect and have to perform with the coaching staff and surrounding cast.

i obviously realize that. what i'm saying, is this: if all you are gonna throw is the little "dink & dunk" passes - try to get better at it. i don't have a problem with a 5 yrd. pass on 3rd & 8, if the receiver has an opprotunity to pich-up the other 3 yrds. after he catches it. otherwise, why not just hand it off. . . . .