how do you stop a pass rushing de like abe?

coryb78

i doubt travelle wharton is sleeping well these days but he may be sleeping a bit better if he thinks that abe may have less opportunities to diss him tomorrow afternoon.

if the panthers have to turn to matt moore they should be throwing less which means that wharton can focus on runblocking alot more than the pass because abe clearly has his # in the passing game.

we could very well see a bit of a re-enactment of what happened last year in the dome tomorrow and i do hope that the falcons remember what happened last year and fix the problem.

when they do pass hopefully abraham can continue twirling his magic around the panthers offense and continue to knock around whoever is passing for the panthers. if it's moore this time that could be a very big advantage for us because he is inexperienced and could be rattled more and easier than all 3 other qb's on the panthers roster.

one other thing that having moore in there does for us is it helps to neutralize the panthers biggest offensive weapon in steve smith. if the panthers qb's can't get the ball out to smith then we are killing two birds with one stone if you ask me. with the exception of the smith screen or smith reverse we should have a good shot at slowing smith down big time if not stopping him tomorrow with hall.

hall needs to focus all of his energy and anger on smith but use it between the whistles and not after.

we could very well see a bit of a re-enactment of what happened last year in the dome tomorrow and i do hope that the falcons remember what happened last year and fix the problem.

what happened last year was a result of the team quitting on mora. if they try the same thing this year, there's a pretty good chance that they're gonna get popped in the mouth for it.

what happened last year was a result of the team quitting on mora. if they try the same thing this year, there's a pretty good chance that they're gonna get popped in the mouth for it.

actually what i was talking about was the panthers keeping the game on the ground mostly. we may even see williams at qb some tomorrow. my fault because i wasn't very clear.

the panthers game last year was strange because they marched down the field on us early but then the defense stiffened and shut them down for a while but i think we were so weakened psychologically that we just couldn't muster up enough to win.

it's hoping against hope but if the falcons can get a win tomorrow and improve to 3-6 maybe if we can get leftwich back we can build something positive about this year and head into 08 on a bit of positivity.

just win tomorrow falcons and lets see where we end up.