vegas has panthers as a 4 point favorite.

good. i've always liked it better when we're the underdog as opposed to the favorite. any word yet on who'll be at qb for the panties?

i heard they signed drew olsen from the ravens to their practice squad on tuesday. they still haven't named a starter yet. dan morgan's out for the season so we should be able to get more yards up the middle this week.

any of my true falcon fans going up for the game on sunday? i make this trip every year regardless of the teams record. it is so much fun walking out of that stadium with a win and seeing the panthers fans fume!!! it'll be fun on sunday because my dirty birds will only allow that offense 3 points. we win 10-3!! go falcons!!!!!!

from what i heard from 680 this morning, matt moore will start for panties at qb. who's moore? he's the starter at oregon state while derek anderson was backup... so this kid might be decent... dan morgan on the ir... that's a new one! the guy has lots of heart but he's as brittle as christal chandelier!

any of my true falcon fans going up for the game on sunday? i make this trip every year regardless of the teams record. it is so much fun walking out of that stadium with a win and seeing the panthers fans fume!!! it'll be fun on sunday because my dirty birds will only allow that offense 3 points. we win 10-3!! go falcons!!!!!!

check the road trip forum, man. there aren't as many of us going as in prior years, but, there's still enough that we'll be heard from on sunday. wink.gif

from what i heard from 680 this morning, matt moore will start for panties at qb. who's moore? he's the starter at oregon state while derek anderson was backup... so this kid might be decent... dan morgan on the ir... that's a new one! the guy has lots of heart but he's as brittle as christal chandelier!

they love morgan up there, man. i mean l-o-v-e. and for what? dude's always hurt. a-l-w-a-y-s. laugh.gif

don't forget, we have something of a habit for making scrub/no name qb's look like hofers. i'd actually rather face carr, the one thing about moore is that he's not afraid back there like carr is and will fling it.

and to steve smith, of all people. i hope hall has another good game against him, and gets 2 interceptions, runs them both back, 3 batted balls, and no penalties!! tongue.gif

i also hope our defense comes up strong against the run. that game when weinke & the rb played qb and beat us down was just about the single most embarrassing moment for me as a fan. i think at the very least, zimmer will make good adjustments if they start having success w/any one aspect of the game.

http://www.docsports.com/nfl-odds.html

home field is worth 3 points, so vegas is saying the panties are 1 point better than us, i guess. dry.gif

remember, these point spreads are meant to get an equal amount of people betting on each team. that is how vegas makes money. it has little to do with how they actually think the game will play out.

understand that since the falcons have received a lot of bad press and are unsettled at qb, not many people would naturally put money on us. now, since the panthers are just as unsettled at qb (without the bad press), the line becomes smaller. basically, vegas feels that the game is close to a pick'em with a little more people likely to bet the panthers. so they give us 4 points in order to get the same amount of people betting on each team.

personally, i think that the falcons play pretty well in charlotte. i would stack the box vs their rbs and bring the heat on carr. offensively, we need to continue to focus on the run. their cbs are small and susceptible to the play action fake. i think if we can stay in max protect (fb or te) and keep harrington standing, our wrs should have an advantage over their dbs. i would only go to 4-5 wr sets when jerious is in the backfield since he can better exploit the gaps and is a faster check-down option.

and to steve smith, of all people. i hope hall has another good game against him, and gets 2 interceptions, runs them both back, 3 batted balls, and no penalties!! tongue.gif

i also hope our defense comes up strong against the run. that game when weinke & the rb played qb and beat us down was just about the single most embarrassing moment for me as a fan. i think at the very least, zimmer will make good adjustments if they start having success w/any one aspect of the game.

thb1c133ef.gif