falcon scouts

i dont understand how our scouts cant find good talent like a tony romo, and we get a player like vick who now is no longer with us. dont get me wrong i know that vicks situation was unforeseen but surely there has to be great talent out there thats being overlooked, colston last yr for the saints , romo ,etc. why do the falcons pay the big bucks for bust or is it an atlanta curse

i dont understand how our scouts cant find good talent like a tony romo, and we get a player like vick who now is no longer with us. dont get me wrong i know that vicks situation was unforeseen but surely there has to be great talent out there thats being overlooked, colston last yr for the saints , romo ,etc. why do the falcons pay the big bucks for bust or is it an atlanta curse

how about a guy like laurent robinson. i'm fairly certain almost none of knew the guy when we drafted him, but he's been a very pleasant surprise. maybe a guy like trey lewis? we also picked boley in the 5th round.

how about a guy like laurent robinson. i'm fairly certain almost none of knew the guy when we drafted him, but he's been a very pleasant surprise. maybe a guy like trey lewis? we also picked boley in the 5th round.

laurent robinson has potential, maybe because of the teams lousy record they dont seem to stand out as much as they should

are you serious? what about jordan beck, nick turnbull who we gave up on too early, jerious norwood, michael boley, demorrio williams, j. babineaux. guys things are not going our way right now, but come on. oh yeah, and marlion jackson.

are you serious? what about jordan beck, nick turnbull who we gave up on too early, jerious norwood, michael boley, demorrio williams, j. babineaux. guys things are not going our way right now, but come on. oh yeah, and marlion jackson.

i thought jackson was a udfa, and i think he was in the league before we signed him too.

petrino saw him on tape and remebered him at the combine and was behind the push to pick him.mckay has a good record on def so have petrino in on the off side.a new era in evaluation.

two fups in a row jimmy williams and jamall anderson..

head scout= barney fife

###### scout= gomer pile

###### scout= gober

get back with us in 2 years. it takes atleast that long to evaluate a pick. people said the same about patrick kerney in his first season.

how is laurent robinson a late round steal? he has a lot of potential but he hasn't done anything yet.

he has had a set back with the hammy but i have heard a lot of praise from national guys and i have eyes i think he rocks.very good hands and speed.when we get the line set we should see a better deep game.

get back with us in 2 years. it takes atleast that long to evaluate a pick. people said the same about patrick kerney in his first season.

<<<

we cut carrington and mallard both are twice the player ja is... even abe said ja needed to step up his play...ja is the invisible man...

he has had a set back with the hammy but i have heard a lot of praise from national guys and i have eyes i think he rocks.very good hands and speed.when we get the line set we should see a better deep game.

and leftwich comes back... cause harrington could have a hour to pass and we wouldn't have a deep game.. ever

<<<

we cut carrington and mallard both are twice the player ja is... even abe said ja needed to step up his play...ja is the invisible man...

as i said before, we will know in a couple of years. anderson is too conserned right now with not missing an assignment to be aggressive. he will get sacks when he gets comfortable with his responsibilities.

as i said before, we will know in a couple of years. anderson is too conserned right now with not missing an assignment to be aggressive. he will get sacks when he gets comfortable with his responsibilities.

<<<y

if if ja does not show anything by next pre-season we should cut him take the cap hit and move on..teams that admit they made a mistake on a player will be a lot better off i think!

two fups in a row jimmy williams and jamall anderson..

head scout= barney fife

###### scout= gomer pile

###### scout= gober

it is way too early to judge anderson as a bust. the guy is a converted wr that has only played de for what 2-3 years in college and you expect a first year impact at the pro level. the thing is, he has had an impact, a pretty damned good one unless you are a stat hound. so his tackles and sack numbers are low. he has done a good job as a rookie de at run contain, which takes discipline, and yes, he's blown some too (so did pk, who was one of my favorite des every to don a falcon's uni). what i see is a rookie playing with good discipline, and being cautious until he learns when he *can* get aggressive dump contain, you don't master that in 8 games. if, at the end of the 09 season the guy isn't a pro-bowl caliber de, i'll eat me words, but if he stays healthy and we continue to improve the rest of the d, so that he can come free knowing that he has a lb or safety waiting on the the rb screen, he has shown the flashes of what he can be.

jimmy williams, well, i'm not sold on the 'bust' here either. he and d'mo are both victims of circumstance and coaching. last years defensive design made bad db's look awful, mediocre db's look bad, and good db's look average. soft zone play just doesn't give opportunity, and on film all of those guys looked bad, so he was asked to convert to safety (a position he should have taken last year,but his ego wouldn't let him). i think last year is a write-off to his ego, and that in many ways, it helped bring some maturity to recognize that he wasn't as good as he thought he was (d'hall), and now he's starting to make the mental shift to 'safety'. though i think he'd be well served to pull some tape of scott case who had neither his size, speed or natural ability, but made up for it with tenacity and ferocity. ronnie lott would make a good study too. if jimmy continues to mature, he may never be ronnie lott, but he might be scott case (one of my favorite all-time falcon's both on and off the field).

but at this point, i don't think either are 'busts', one is struggling without support, the other had a wasted rookie effort courtesy of a defensive philosophy that made talented db's look bad.

i think you are a little off base as well. lewis, boley, robinson are just a few examples. as for romo, he was about to be cut from the cowboys roster until quincy carter got popped for drugs. that came from jerry jones' mouth. they got lucky with him, thats all.

how is laurent robinson a late round steal? he has a lot of potential but he hasn't done anything yet.

actually, laurent robinson is 5th among rookie wide receivers in receptions (16) and 6th in yardage (161 yds). he had two catches of 20+ yards and 7 of his 16 catches have gone for a first down! i'd say that's something. it's more production than several of the wrs taken in the 1st and 2nd rounds: anthony gonzalez, craig davis, ted ginn, steve smith, dwayne jarrett, etc...

actually, laurent robinson is 5th among rookie wide receivers in receptions (16) and 6th in yardage (161 yds). he had two catches of 20+ yards and 7 of his 16 catches have gone for a first down! i'd say that's something. it's more production than several of the wrs taken in the 1st and 2nd rounds: anthony gonzalez, craig davis, ted ginn, steve smith, dwayne jarrett, etc...

take that list minus gonzo...who is equal in production.

one thing to consider is just how bad our passing offense is, and he is still high on the list.

calvin johnson

james jones

dwayne bowe

sidney rice

....those are the only guys ahead of him in terms of production.

cj and jones are both in ridiculous passing offenses.

bowe and rice both start for their team.

robinson doesnt start nor is on a passing team....that says a lot i think. the guy just looks natural out there. he looks more natural than jenkins does in his 4th year, and more than roddy did as a rookie or sophomore.

it is way too early to judge anderson as a bust. the guy is a converted wr that has only played de for what 2-3 years in college and you expect a first year impact at the pro level. the thing is, he has had an impact, a pretty damned good one unless you are a stat hound. so his tackles and sack numbers are low. he has done a good job as a rookie de at run contain, which takes discipline, and yes, he's blown some too (so did pk, who was one of my favorite des every to don a falcon's uni). what i see is a rookie playing with good discipline, and being cautious until he learns when he *can* get aggressive dump contain, you don't master that in 8 games. if, at the end of the 09 season the guy isn't a pro-bowl caliber de, i'll eat me words, but if he stays healthy and we continue to improve the rest of the d, so that he can come free knowing that he has a lb or safety waiting on the the rb screen, he has shown the flashes of what he can be.

jimmy williams, well, i'm not sold on the 'bust' here either. he and d'mo are both victims of circumstance and coaching. last years defensive design made bad db's look awful, mediocre db's look bad, and good db's look average. soft zone play just doesn't give opportunity, and on film all of those guys looked bad, so he was asked to convert to safety (a position he should have taken last year,but his ego wouldn't let him). i think last year is a write-off to his ego, and that in many ways, it helped bring some maturity to recognize that he wasn't as good as he thought he was (d'hall), and now he's starting to make the mental shift to 'safety'. though i think he'd be well served to pull some tape of scott case who had neither his size, speed or natural ability, but made up for it with tenacity and ferocity. ronnie lott would make a good study too. if jimmy continues to mature, he may never be ronnie lott, but he might be scott case (one of my favorite all-time falcon's both on and off the field).

but at this point, i don't think either are 'busts', one is struggling without support, the other had a wasted rookie effort courtesy of a defensive philosophy that made talented db's look bad.

<<<

ja is the 8th player picked in the draft and jw is a high 2nd round pick..say what you like but neither has done anything but cash a big paycheck..ja i dont think is very str