3 year fix for the falcons. some may not like it.

nolebone

after all the vick garbage i thought we were 3 years away from having a legitimate qb. we would have to draft him and let him develope. we all know that 3 years is a realistic amount of time to get a young qb ready to run and manage the offense.

this being said, durring that time, all our veterane contracts will be up for renegotiation or whatever. i say to heck with them. trade d-horrible, trade crump, even though i like him, and even shop brooking, plus anybody else who looks like they might fall in that time frame.

before you absolutely kill me, think about this. we would get an enormous amount of picks durring that time. durring a time when we would be developing a qb anyway. i don't think we have a defense, or will have one, durring that time to pull a baltimore ravens type thing. we also would be able to get through the period that vick's cap penalties would kill us. i admit i don't know how all that works. our draft picks and young talent would develope along side the new qb.

i'm sorry but i just don't see how we could get a big name, free agent qb with all the bs that is going on now. plus, i don't think we have the money. shop the vets, get top draft picks and young talent, save the money, and develope a team that might stay together for many, many years.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

harrington and leftwitch are not going to be the answer. i doubt that any big name qb free agent would want to come to the falcons with all that is going on anyway? plus, how much money would be be able to pay him anyway with the vick cap hit comming. i admitt i don't know everything about that issue. bottom line, we get a qb in the draft. everybody sees it coming. we all know it takes time, about 3 years, to develope a rookie qb. so without a quality qb for about 3 more years, we will have no realistic shot at a qb. unless we get a ravens type super bowl d in the future with monopoly money. not happening either.

durring this time many falcons will/may test the free agent market. i would trade d-horrible, alge, even though i like him, and brooking for as many picks as possible so we get something for them. with the abundance of picks, we would draft a many quality guys and develope them with the qb that we draft as well. i just don't see a legitimate run at the super bowl for 3 years and at least this way, i believe, the rest of the team will be ready as well.

is this a joke? our best receiving option on offense (even though he's having a bad year) and a top 5 corner and you want to trade them? do you know how long it would take to replace hall alone? corners like him don't come around every year and hall is only 23 years old and playing better than almost all cornerbacks in the nfl.

is this a joke? our best receiving option on offense (even though he's having a bad year) and a top 5 corner and you want to trade them? do you know how long it would take to replace hall alone? corners like him don't come around every year and hall is only 23 years old and playing better than almost all cornerbacks in the nfl.

d-horrible, in my opinion, and in many other people's opinions, is one of the most overrated players in the nfl. i also think he will take his show on the road as soon as he gets the chance.

harrington and leftwitch are not going to be the answer. i doubt that any big name qb free agent would want to come to the falcons with all that is going on anyway? plus, how much money would be be able to pay him anyway with the vick cap hit comming. i admitt i don't know everything about that issue. bottom line, we get a qb in the draft. everybody sees it coming. we all know it takes time, about 3 years, to develope a rookie qb. so without a quality qb for about 3 more years, we will have no realistic shot at a qb. unless we get a ravens type super bowl d in the future with monopoly money. not happening either.

durring this time many falcons will/may test the free agent market. i would trade d-horrible, alge, even though i like him, and brooking for as many picks as possible so we get something for them. with the abundance of picks, we would draft a many quality guys and develope them with the qb that we draft as well. i just don't see a legitimate run at the super bowl for 3 years and at least this way, i believe, the rest of the team will be ready as well.

i would like to keep d hall, but if he doesn't want to stay, franchise him and trade him off for a first. alge can go as we have enough receivers to take that. maybe milner will be useful. i don't think anyone will give a pick that's worth more to us than keeping him anyway. brooking i almost say cut. he is a town figure but he is in no way performing up to his pay check. money is a big issue with us.

2 moves in the off season:

derrick anderson

michael turner

we become competitive next year.

i agree that we need a new qb, but i don't think that we have to sacrifice everything in the interim.

assuming that nothing happens regarding trading hall (or crumpler, for that matter; where'd that come from?), we should have a good bit of cap room anyways. dunn and gandy will most likely be gone after this year and that'll free up some cap room for us. if we draft a mlb (which is a distinct possibility), we might cut brooking. joe horn could be cut as well; he's clearly not what he used to be and he's costing a good bit for the production we're getting.

regardless, even if we only lose dunn and gandy, we should get some cap relief for vick (we're off the hook for his salaries and we stand at least some chance of getting some of the signing bonus back) and all that combined should allow us to go out and get one or two good free agents to plug some holes.

then we'll have a first and two second round draft picks. if we come away some combination of ot, qb, mlb, and rb, i think we can start the future as soon as next year. we won't be great, but if we get a decent, young qb in here and keep playing solid defense, we shouldn't be terrible.

just my thoughts.

direwolf

d-hall needs to stay as well as alge. brooking can still be good on the outside, we need a franchise mlb

do you think that any of them besides kb want to stay in atlanta?

if they leave, would you want to get some picks for them?

do you see any stud qb wanting to come via free agency? (i admitt i have no idea who will be out there. but i don't think it matters.)

do you see us making a run at jack squat anytime soon?

i have always like kb and ac but in order for this franchise to get better, they have to go. they won't be here in a few years anyway and i want picks for them. don't you want to get something out of this?

i chuckled a little.

d-horrible, in my opinion, and in many other people's opinions, is one of the most overrated players in the nfl. i also think he will take his show on the road as soon as he gets the chance.

who else feels hall is overrated? hall is a top 5 maybe even top 3 db in the league......how is he overrated? hes 23 years old and getting better each year....hes been lights out this season.....

i chuckled a little.

you, a so called group administer, chuckle at this? you're crazy! this team is going to loose it's big name free agenst when the time comes. and you know it. brooking might stay as a good jester type thing but how much is he really going to be worth in a few years? not much and you know it. yard sale and a garage sale and let's move on!

group admister my foot.

after all the vick garbage i thought we were 3 years away from having a legitimate qb. we would have to draft him and let him develope. we all know that 3 years is a realistic amount of time to get a young qb ready to run and manage the offense.

this being said, durring that time, all our veterane contracts will be up for renegotiation or whatever. i say to heck with them. trade d-horrible, trade crump, even though i like him, and even shop brooking, plus anybody else who looks like they might fall in that time frame.

before you absolutely kill me, think about this. we would get an enormous amount of picks durring that time. durring a time when we would be developing a qb anyway. i don't think we have a defense, or will have one, durring that time to pull a baltimore ravens type thing. we also would be able to get through the period that vick's cap penalties would kill us. i admit i don't know how all that works. our draft picks and young talent would develope along side the new qb.

i'm sorry but i just don't see how we could get a big name, free agent qb with all the bs that is going on now. plus, i don't think we have the money. shop the vets, get top draft picks and young talent, save the money, and develope a team that might stay together for many, many years.

didn't you start another thread about the very same subject?

you, a so called group administer, chuckle at this? you're crazy! this team is going to loose it's big name free agenst when the time comes. and you know it. brooking might stay as a good jester type thing but how much is he really going to be worth in a few years? not much and you know it. yard sale and a garage sale and let's move on!

group admister my foot.

maybe he realizes that teams will often keep their best players? i dunno....just a thought that crossed my mind.

d-hall needs to stay as well as alge. brooking can still be good on the outside, we need a franchise mlb

concur, besides the falcons will not get much for brooking on the trade market because of his age and he is nearing the end of his career. the falcons will not get as much as one would think for alge considering his recurring injury problem and him being overweight. and i would not think about trading hall.

however, hall is a fa next year and he may ask way way to much to resign him ( i'm not sure if he's rfa or urfa) next year but that fact that he is a fa may lead to a decision to trade him before letting him walk away.

i hear you but i disagree. we draft a qb he and although a year to learn is preferable, i say we toss him into the fire. if we can switch back to the gibbs blocking system then we can get our running game back on track. that will make things a lot easier on a rookie qb. it will take forever otherwise. why do you think teams like the dolphins, browns, lions were so horrible year after year no matter what qb they had? crappy running game. we get that back on track we'll be fine. we could have marino in there but without a running game hes gonna die!

group admister my foot.

the only that can call me crazy is my therapist, and thats because i pay her $100 per session.

i think you meant lose, not loose.

agent, not agenst.

brooking as a jester? i never knew he was that funny.....i guess since freddie mac is no longer on the team, someone had to take the role of jester.....i just never would have guessed brooking

admister?....it's ad sir!

i agree that we need a new qb, but i don't think that we have to sacrifice everything in the interim.

assuming that nothing happens regarding trading hall (or crumpler, for that matter; where'd that come from?), we should have a good bit of cap room anyways. dunn and gandy will most likely be gone after this year and that'll free up some cap room for us. if we draft a mlb (which is a distinct possibility), we might cut brooking. joe horn could be cut as well; he's clearly not what he used to be and he's costing a good bit for the production we're getting.

regardless, even if we only lose dunn and gandy, we should get some cap relief for vick (we're off the hook for his salaries and we stand at least some chance of getting some of the signing bonus back) and all that combined should allow us to go out and get one or two good free agents to plug some holes.

then we'll have a first and two second round draft picks. if we come away some combination of ot, qb, mlb, and rb, i think we can start the future as soon as next year. we won't be great, but if we get a decent, young qb in here and keep playing solid defense, we shouldn't be terrible.

just my thoughts.

direwolf

thanks for posting. you provide some good insite. i still believe thinking we'll get a legitimate super bowl run with a rookie or second year qb is very wishfull thinking. i would love it but i'm just not that optimistic. i think we need to take 1 step back in order to go a few steps forward.