have we turned a corner?

reb50

i believe with this win we may have at least improved in the area of "feeling a little better" about the direction of the birds.

there are certainly areas that we all dislike such as petrino's play calling. but maybe there are some real positives we can

build on now and substain some consistency in keeping the remaining games competitve and add a few more wins to the win

column. i will remain optimistic how about you? smile.gif

not really, we just beat a weak team, which assures us that were not the worst team in the league but then i never believed all the 0-16, we can't win a single game without ookie crap anyway.

even if we come out of carolina with a victory and a 2 game win streak, i wouldn't go so far as to say that we've turned any corner, but it would be nice all around to win 2 in a row - which would match our longest win streak of last season.

not really, we just beat a weak team, which assures us that were not the worst team in the league but then i never believed all the 0-16, we can't win a single game without ookie crap anyway.

even if we come out of carolina with a victory and a 2 game win streak, i wouldn't go so far as to say that we've turned any corner, but it would be nice all around to win 2 in a row - which would match our longest win streak of last season.

many plays that earlier went for no gain or a gain of one yard were productive in this game. i think we really stepped up in this game. had this level of effort been sustained for all 4 quarters in the minnesota, jacksonville, carolina, tennessee, and new orleans game, those games become equally as winnable. not saying we wouldve won them, but they would have been winnable.

this team is improving. 2 years ago, we were 6-2, but the team was losing momentum. after all they have been through this year, we continue to fight and that is impressive. they remind me a lot of green bay last year and i relish the role of spoiler in this season, especially when leftwich returns and forces the defenses to play honest.

i believe with this win we may have at least improved in the area of "feeling a little better" about the direction of the birds.

there are certainly areas that we all dislike such as petrino's play calling. but maybe there are some real positives we can

build on now and substain some consistency in keeping the remaining games competitve and add a few more wins to the win

it was just a matter of time before the team started to show signs of gelling together. with all of the injuries and attitude adjustments that everyone from petrino to the vets has had to deal with just slowed down the process.

if we just keep on moving forward we'll see a huge difference next year.

it was just a matter of time before the team started to show signs of gelling together. with all of the injuries and attitude adjustments that everyone from petrino to the vets has had to deal with just slowed down the process.

if we just keep on moving forward we'll see a huge difference next year.

qft i like your outlook on the season and future keep it up

defensively the falcons have turned the corner. i believe zimmer has gotten the "d" to a point where they can keep the game in reach every week, no matter the opponent (well except indy and the pats). the offense has not turned the corner. i was glad to see (scratch that, hear) more from the running game this week. the weakness in this area (due to bad oline and rb's not petrino) make the falcons unable to controll the clock, sustain long drives, exploit opponents via play action. there are several glaring holes within this offense that need to be addressed, ironically, receivers aren't one of those things. the falcons will not turn the corner until there are studs up front on the line w/ a strong run game. imo qb is not the #1 priority this off season.

absolutely not, i was at the game on sunday. our db's were beat several times (except dhall) , maurice hicks almost got a big catch against us too. our qb was awful, but some way some how he wasn't the worst one playing. that guy was alex smith. he basically lost the game for the 9ers. i won't believe we turned a corner until we have some kind of winning streak.

we have been in every game. our defense has been playing very well all year. we have been o so close to winning at least half of our games. when people say this is a game of inchs its true. we have alot of talent, although our o-line is need of big time help, but we're very close to getting it right. i can see the falcons finishing strong, 7-9, 8-8.

weak team??

over half the teams in the nfl have records similar or worse than ours.

us, sf, miami, st louis and many others represent what parity has done to the nfl.

many teams are just watered down, a very few pats and colts are ahead of everybody else.

the pats are not as elite as they seem, everything clicked for the pats while the rest of the league is very average.

are the pats the greatest team ever, no way , just having an up year when the rest of the league is having very average seasons.

michaelgee wink.gif

weak team??

us, sf, miami, st louis and many others represent what parity has done to the nfl.

many teams are just watered down, a very few pats and colts are ahead of everybody else.

the pats are not as elite as they seem, everything clicked for the pats while the rest of the league is very average.

are the pats the greatest team ever, no way , just having an up year when the rest of the league is having very average seasons.

michaelgee wink.gif

yes weak team, is that really difficult to understand?

sf is at the bottom of league offensively in most categories, they are only one two teams with lower team scoring than the falcons.

defensively they are still in the bottom half to bottom fourth of the league.

that's an easily understandable definition of a weak team.

i expect that we will win again this season, but except for the rams our remaining opponents will be tougher in nearly every category including w-l record, if you can find a weaker team on our schedule, let me know.

not sure what kind of math you're talking there

michaelgee wink.gif

only 7 teams have 2 or less wins - how that amounts to "over half the teams in the nfl," i'll leave to you and your math teacher, but it's not even close to accurate.

we are in the running for the worst team to ever put on falcons jerseys.now thats bad.i think we will win another 2 or 3 games and just be a bad team.it is what it is.a first year coach,vick fiasco,gibbs cut blocking,no kicker in 3 years and a couple of key freeagent busts.to get the 2 or 3 more we will need to bust our humps.i like petrino but anybody would have problems with what we got.turning the corner might be going 7-9 next year.

we did plenty of things well on sunday...and its sad to say, but harrington's play really limits what we can do. our d gives up a lot of points and yards and 1st downs when we dont need them to, but they get some turnovers....which redeems them.

our offense doesnt turn the ball over, but we cant score. man o' man if we just had a healthy lefty, i think we would be able to sneak up on some teams. harrington's arm strength and lack of testicular fortitude to pull the trigger hems in our ability to make explosive plays on offensive.

something we have been clamoring for, for years, was a wideout who could do it all. roddy is obviously that now. he makes catches, makes big plays, and is a solid run blocker. now all we need is someone that could get the ball over 40 yards in the air.

its funny how after seeing vick for years, you can take for granted how relatively rare it is to find qb's that can launch the ball.

we have been in every game. our defense has been playing very well all year. we have been o so close to winning at least half of our games. when people say this is a game of inchs its true. we have alot of talent, although our o-line is need of big time help, but we're very close to getting it right. i can see the falcons finishing strong, 7-9, 8-8.

i agree, we've played well enough to be in every single game no matter how ugly that play is. we have talent it just needs to come together.

i do think though, that if we have any chance of finishing 7-9 or better we have to get leftwich back. the team responded to him, it came alive when he was in there. joey is just kinda there while leftwich really did seem to spark the offense to life.