grady leaves, brooking 8 tackles, sack, 1 qb hurry

michaelgee

with lewis and stanley sticking to their gap responsibilities unlike grady, middle linebacker keith brooking finished with eight tackles, a sack and a quarterback hurry. abraham had a career day, milloy got a sack, even crocker got into the backfield for tackles for losses.

brooking's tackles go up, exactly as expected when grady was not following assignments.

not only that but, our defense picked their game up. coincicence, nope.

abraham had a career day, milloy got a sack, even crocker got into the backfield for tackles for losses.

dhall even had a great day.

not to mention the int's that went wayyyy up because of the pressures.

it did look like the sf oline was no longer dominating our lb and saftie's play.

note the qb pressures, sacks, etc that went up sunday.

this was all calculated and predicted by the coaches who let grady go.

they said it would happen and it did!

to me, grady's departure was justified sunday.

michaelgee wink.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

with lewis and stanley sticking to their gap responsibilities unlike grady, middle linebacker keith brooking finished with eight tackles, a sack and a quarterback hurry. abraham had a career day, milloy got a sack, even crocker got into the backfield for tackles for losses.

brooking's tackles go up, exactly as expected when grady was not following assignments.

abraham had a career day, milloy got a sack, even crocker got into the backfield for tackles for losses.

it did look like the sf oline was no longer dominating our lb and saftie's play.

michaelgee wink.gif

we just played the 49ers and its about time brooking tackled. i dont think grady being here was why brooking wasnt being productive. stop making excuses for brooking. he has been playing bad b/c of himself. missing tackles, poor coverage.

michaelgee wink.gif

i like that, but i want to see if it continues. then and only then, we can know that grady was fing up brooking by jumping the gap

we were playing the 9'ers, without gore, at home....nothing to get too excited about.

dont worry, keith will be back to his old self when we play carolina.

him and deshaun foster must be best friends, because the only 2 good games for foster each year come against us. and it usually involves him making 2 or 3 posters of plays where he beats his ######.

we just played the 49ers and its about time brooking tackled. i dont think grady being here was why brooking wasnt being productive. stop making excuses for brooking. he has been playing bad b/c of himself. missing tackles, poor coverage.

but that doesnt change the fact that brooking performed yesterday. with our dline in their proper gaps brooking didnt have to engage any blockers, and he made tackles just like everyone else. also milloy having his best game of the season? eight tackles for him as well, our guys in the middle were able to get the tackles with grady gone. no denying that. grady was a moot point this season. good move by the fo

but that doesnt change the fact that brooking performed yesterday. with our dline in their proper gaps brooking didnt have to engage any blockers, and he made tackles just like everyone else. also milloy having his best game of the season? eight tackles for him as well, our guys in the middle were able to get the tackles with grady gone. no denying that. grady was a moot point this season. good move by the fo

the 49'ers, using a scrub backup and a former college qb averaged about 5 yards a carry against us. again, nothing to be proud of.

that's a decent point...

lets hope he continues to play better...

trey lewis gets the credit, trey did a great job too.

they call it teamwork! our players are buying into the new system.

i don't think petrino lost the club house, as was stated in ajc.

i do think our club house needs to be defined before it can be lost.

i do think our team's identity started to show itself sunday, abe was a big part of that identity.

our secondary stepped out as a group for the first time. dhall, jwill, milloy, crocker and houston played together as a team the best yet this season.

our dline applied pressure up and down the line, the int's were flying because of that pressure.

see how these things all compliment each other, i can feel it now!

another thing, jamaal anderson will get meaner next year. he is not being run at now, the sacks and pressures will come. give the kid thios year to develop, by next year jamaal will be slapping those olinemen around. abe is a monster!

coleman and trey, montaveous stanly, babs, all did a good job sunday.

we were taking baby steps until this week, we are ready to play better now as a team.

michaelgee smile.gif

we were playing the 9'ers, without gore, at home....nothing to get too excited about.

dont worry, keith will be back to his old self when we play carolina.

him and deshaun foster must be best friends, because the only 2 good games for foster each year come against us. and it usually involves him making 2 or 3 posters of plays where he beats his ######.

didn't i see you at the game?

you were disguised as an empty seat, right?

michaelgee wink.gif

the 49'ers, using a scrub backup and a former college qb averaged about 5 yards a carry against us. again, nothing to be proud of.

did you watch the game? our run defense was solid, we were stuffing the run a lot more than we ever do. they had a couple good drives where they had a total of like 4 or 5 big runs which inflated the stats, but like always, stats dont tell the whole story. that was def a great game and showing by our defense

brooking doesn't tackle! the fact that he's second in tackles on the team is a consporacy to make it look like he's tackiling when hes really not!

laugh.gifrolleyes.gif

he did a good job tackling sanders out of bounds the other week against the saints. hahahahaha

j/k.... i agree. our d seemed to play a more team oriented style that complimented everyone now that grady was yanked and kicked to the curb. let's see if it continues. if it keeps up until after the indy game, then i'll be bowing down to this fo and coaching staff.

celtik

i'm not saying brooking didnt perform b/c he did. i just think that its more b/c he finally played with some sense. also there is a reason why the 49ers are 2-6. their poor offensive play has more to do with it than grady not being there. if frank gore had been playing it would mean a whole lot more. also lewis and stanley have yet to be put to the test against a good rb and good offense. after they face that then i will make my judgements. i believe when that will make it clear that releasing grady was mistake.

right on. great analysis. people see what they want to see. but grady was a problem. its because his skills were deminished and he was in bad shape. to show up he had to jump gaps, leaving lneman to burrow thru the lbs and secondary. thats why, imo e got canned. good move by the coachs.

i'm not saying brooking didnt perform b/c he did. i just think that its more b/c he finally played with some sense. also there is a reason why the 49ers are 2-6. their poor offensive play has more to do with it than grady not being there. if frank gore had been playing it would mean a whole lot more. also lewis and stanley have yet to be put to the test against a good rb and good offense. after they face that then i will make my judgements. i believe when that will make it clear that releasing grady was mistake.

yep...how can you judge if it was a great move when the falcons just beat a team with the 32nd ranked offense in the nfl?

michaelgee wink.gif

pump your brakes on brooking, man. he's still not a difference maker at mlb. but at least he tackled the guys in the gold helmets this week.

laugh.gif