jamaal anderson has more than he is showing

wren

here is what i noticed during the game. and for real i have no agenda its just what i saw as the proof of where the rookie is at right now, not where he can be.

he didn't play all that great. if he got double teamed i must have missed it. oh and fyi double teamed doesnt mean that he lines up against a te and a tackle. both need to engage him in blocks for it to be double teamed. many times i saw at te and t line up in front of him, but at best i saw him chipped (not fully engaged) once.

he went up against a rookie selected at the bottom of the first round. (joe staley)

once he had a nice club move he used but fell down. the rest of the time he looked like he wanted to bull rush but didnt have the strenght to get a signifigant push into the back field. i didnt see any counter moves (which i understand are his best moves) i did 3 times see him stunt but he got caught up in congestion in the middle of the field. he looks like he wants to play a simialr game as mario williams but doesnt have the power to do so. he has long arms but right now doesnt use them. if he really gets in the weight room and gets some strength he could engage the tackle with his arms extended and get the tackle off base and shove him to one side or the other. right now he is trying to do that but cant keep his arms fully extended, gets chest to chest into the tackle and cannot push him backwards.

the biggest flaw i see in his game is a decided lack of urgency. kerney wasnt really that great but his want to is off the chart. the fact that he kept coming and coming and coming, and wanted more than anything to make it to the qb made him good it was is motor, j.anderson needs to have a simialr motor. if he works in the offseason and wants to be great he very much has the physical capabilites to do so, right now its not there.

honestly i dont see any big difference between c.davis and j.anderson at all right now....

hey thanks, i see people bagging on him for not producing more. and some others think he is fighting through a double team every play. the truth of course lies in the middle. he gets chipped from time to time. but he for the most part cant beat his one on one man. he can but he really is going to need to get stronger, and use his hands. the one play i say a nice shot into the backfield happened on that rip move (right arm under the tackle's left armpit and lift and run by) but his lost his footing. (a strength and balance issue) he is containing well which is unique for a rookie, so he is doing the job given to him. once he gets to where he isnt thinking so much, and has more power and hand usage he could do well.

the if here is if he will put in the time, and the big if he will play with more want to!

hey thanks, i see people bagging on him for not producing more. and some others think he is fighting through a double team every play. the truth of course lies in the middle. he gets chipped from time to time. but he for the most part cant beat his one on one man. he can but he really is going to need to get stronger, and use his hands. the one play i say a nice shot into the backfield happened on that rip move (right arm under the tackle's left armpit and lift and run by) but his lost his footing. (a strength and balance issue) he is containing well which is unique for a rookie, so he is doing the job given to him. once he gets to where he isnt thinking so much, and has more power and hand usage he could do well.

the if here is if he will put in the time, and the big if he will play with more want to!

i don't know

a lot of players seemed to have lost their footing yesterday.

they even commented on it on the radio.

and it's not the first time that has happened playing on that field.

here is what i noticed during the game. and for real i have no agenda its just what i saw as the proof of where the rookie is at right now, not where he can be.

he didn't play all that great. if he got double teamed i must have missed it. oh and fyi double teamed doesnt mean that he lines up against a te and a tackle. both need to engage him in blocks for it to be double teamed. many times i saw at te and t line up in front of him, but at best i saw him chipped (not fully engaged) once.

he went up against a rookie selected at the bottom of the first round. (joe staley)

once he had a nice club move he used but fell down. the rest of the time he looked like he wanted to bull rush but didnt have the strenght to get a signifigant push into the back field. i didnt see any counter moves (which i understand are his best moves) i did 3 times see him stunt but he got caught up in congestion in the middle of the field. he looks like he wants to play a simialr game as mario williams but doesnt have the power to do so. he has long arms but right now doesnt use them. if he really gets in the weight room and gets some strength he could engage the tackle with his arms extended and get the tackle off base and shove him to one side or the other. right now he is trying to do that but cant keep his arms fully extended, gets chest to chest into the tackle and cannot push him backwards.

the biggest flaw i see in his game is a decided lack of urgency. kerney wasnt really that great but his want to is off the chart. the fact that he kept coming and coming and coming, and wanted more than anything to make it to the qb made him good it was is motor, j.anderson needs to have a simialr motor. if he works in the offseason and wants to be great he very much has the physical capabilites to do so, right now its not there.

honestly i dont see any big difference between c.davis and j.anderson at all right now....

now that's a good, honest assessment. beats reading stuff that's attacking anderson all of the time.

i stated before that he needs to:

1. get used to the speed of pro game

2. build up his strength and physique

3. work on his footwork and technique

he's getting used to number 1, should get better with 3 as he plays and 2 should be left up to the falcons trainers and nutritionists. he states that he's employed a chef to help him eat better. let's just hope he keeps up his progression.

now that's a good, honest assessment. beats reading stuff that's attacking anderson all of the time.

i stated before that he needs to:

1. get used to the speed of pro game

2. build up his strength and physique

3. work on his footwork and technique

he's getting used to number 1, should get better with 3 as he plays and 2 should be left up to the falcons trainers and nutritionists. he states that he's employed a chef to help him eat better. let's just hope he keeps up his progression.

lets hope it's not grady unsure.gif

i don't think strength is the problem, it's more technique. on the redzone on siruis pat kirwin asked whoever the o lineman was that was lining up against anderson the monday after our game, who was the most trouble to block this year between anderson and peppers, and the guy said anderson. i was shocked, but not too much considering peppers is mia this year.

wow i am stunned to hear that!

still when you watch the game he seems to have no abilily to bull rush, some of that is technique most of that is just raw power. mario williams was so strong he could just throw the ot back into the qb. anderson looks like he wants to do that, but doesnt have the horsepower to make that happen...

the biggest difference which is huge,3 years playing in the nfl.davis has had more snaps.give anderson time.he will probably show you something before the end of this year.

lets hope it's not grady unsure.gif

grady can't be a chef, he would eat that little hat they always wear... then eat the food... then eat jamaal anderson!

here is how it would go!

jamaal : yo grady where's my food, i have been waiting for like an hour now.

grady: uhh... i don't know. i was about to bring it out then everything went fuzzy now it is all over my face...

jamaal smashes into the kitchen.

jamaal: what the he11 man. quit eating all my dam* foo..... grady, where is that hat i gave you...

jackson: oh, i thought it was a cup cake...

jamaal: you're ******** man, i can't believe i hired you to cook for me... you fat blob... no wonder we cut you!

grady: ...

jamaal: uh... grady? why are you looking at me like that?

grady: grady mad, grady need yum yums!

jamaal: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

grady: where did jamaal go? what's this in my teeth? what is peices of jamaal's jersey doing inbetween my teeth?

well said my friend. btw jamaal is only learning, by next season, he'll destroy other teams. thats why im not mad at this season cause so what we're losing, in the mean time we have players like roddy white becoming better...

maybe you watched different plays than me, but i saw him beat his guy a couple times. he had a nice little spin move, but smith did a good job of getting rid of the ball quick or someone gave him some help.

well i wont lie and pretend i watched him and just him the whole game but i noticed more often than not he tried to just go head up with the ot.

like i said though the potential is there...

mike zimmer says it like it is.....atlanta falcons defensive coordinator mike zimmer, during an interview with atlantafalcons.com, after their first mini-camp of the 2007 offseason, was quoted as saying "jamaal anderson is a talented guy who has a long way to go, but is a talented player".

mike zimmer says it like it is.....atlanta falcons defensive coordinator mike zimmer, during an interview with atlantafalcons.com, after their first mini-camp of the 2007 offseason, was quoted as saying "jamaal anderson is a talented guy who has a long way to go, but is a talented player".

very well said...

so for everyone who bashes anderson, i think this a pretty accurate portrayal. he is going to need that extra time in the offseason to get the strength and technique. (like super mario)

as for this season, the only thing i would like to see is a little more hustle to disengage once he is getting blocked.

i think if you could put kerney's almost despiration to get to the qb in this kid, he will be **** on wheels!

jamaal has a long way to go. patience will be definitely needed.