ojinnaka

magnus23

for those that watched the game...

how did he do?

did he look bigger than that old listed "gibbs" weight?

he and blaylock had a solid outing. a majority of petrino's running plays were called to their side. if you didn't know dunn had a 100 yards rushing. also, i saw mostly zone blocking too.

i don't think he knows its okay to just throw it away if nothing is there.

exactly. he'd rather throw it at the receivers feet. i actually heard harrington say that on dave fm during dave archer's postgame interview with him yesterday. archer was commending joey on his "leadership" rolleyes.gif during yesterday's game, and joey responded with how it wasn't a particularly "fan-freindly" game and that how you have to sometimes "throw it at the receiver's feet" when there's nothing there, as opposed to taking the sack. blink.gifohmy.gifhuh.gif

i promise you he said that. did anyone else hear it?

sorry, man. i was too busy screaming "get rid of the **** ball, joey!!!!!" to pay any attention to oji.

i on occasions tried to watch him and clabo they both played well no major mistakes. and a few times i was yelling for joey to get rid the ball. i re-watched the 1st quarter last night just to see the line play and they all did good. still need a little more push on short yardage but it's getting better. mcclure still seems to be the weak link on inside runs, he getts manhandle way too easily.

if there is nobody open it sounds like a good way to avoid a sack and an intentional grounding penalty.

the pass that joey is referring to could have been completed. joey was just rattled after the interception; not to mention he was throwing for jenkins in the flats.... and we all know that jenkins will either catch it or give it to the defender for a td dry.gif

if there is nobody open it sounds like a good way to avoid a sack and an intentional grounding penalty.

i agree, but the only problem is that with joey you never know if he's trying avoid a sack or if it was just another bad pass. ****, on what was supposed to be a crossing route to roddy yesterday, joey hit him right in the helmet. i don't recall harrington bringing that one up during his interview.

my particular favorite was the 3rd and 4 when he tried to force it into jenkins' hands for a 3 yard gain - we have 4 recievers in the pattern, and he throws it to the one guy who cannot make a 1st down if he catches it

well, my "favorite" was his total lack of effort on the qb sneak on 4th and 1. absolutely pitiful. joey never showed any force or desire to push for that 1st down. by the way, on that play i was screaming at the top of my lungs, "don't sneak it! don't sneak it!" mad.gif

exactly. he'd rather throw it at the receivers feet. i actually heard harrington say that on dave fm during dave archer's postgame interview with him yesterday. archer was commending joey on his "leadership" rolleyes.gif during yesterday's game, and joey responded with how it wasn't a particularly "fan-freindly" game and that how you have to sometimes "throw it at the receiver's feet" when there's nothing there, as opposed to taking the sack. blink.gifohmy.gifhuh.gif

i promise you he said that. did anyone else hear it?

i listened to the game on davefm, and during that play while the game was still going, archer or wes durham one was reasoning that it "appeared" joey was intentionally doing that to avoid the sack & the interception. i didn't see the game or this play, but if i had to speculate, i'd have to think that he probably just got rattled & made a bad pass. dry.gif

well, my "favorite" was his total lack of effort on the qb sneak on 4th and 1. absolutely pitiful. joey never showed any force or desire to push for that 1st down. by the way, on that play i was screaming at the top of my lungs, "don't sneak it! don't sneak it!" mad.gif

like i said, i was listening to the game, and even w/out the picture, i was saying the same thing!! i think this was even after he had run for a first down, but i just have zero confidence in his toughness to make the short yardage plays.