the defense looked great.....

HOYLE

i was actually surprised. trey lewis was very stout today. i guess he really did his job because brooking actually looked good for a change today. jamaal anderson might have not gotten a sack, but he put a lot of pressure on smith, and was also strong in the run game. we really lucked out several times today because sf has wide open wr's a few times, but smith overthrew them.

i was not there but i live outside the blackout area and watched the game at a sports bar. the defense looked like it has for a lot of the year, bending but not breaking. they made more big plays today than they normally do though. they let san fran drive down the field a lot but made huge plays on critical downs. we got stops when we needed them the most. the defense forced a lot of turnovers and put our offense in good positions, especially in the second half. however, the offense failed to capitalize on these turnovers for the most part and left our defense out on the field for too long. they ran the ball pretty well on us but didn't exactly run us over. vernon davis was their only receiver who really had a pretty good day, and even he was held to under 100 yds. our secondary played great in my opinion, forcing 3 ints. overall i think our line failed to get enough pressure on smith but they did make a few big plays (abraham forced a fumble and brooking had a sack). i think at times they drove easily on us, especially on the ground, but overall we looked pretty solid on d and made a lot of big plays today at the right time.

i'll add that abraham had a heckuva game, and milloy was everywhere! an interception, the stop on 3rd and goal when i thought san fran was gonna go ahead. and he had one hit where the runner was already down field, middle of the field, about five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, and milloy hit him head on with a full head of steam. best hit i've seen by any falcon all year.

i was actually surprised. trey lewis was very stout today. i guess he really did his job because brooking actually looked good for a change today. jamaal anderson might have not gotten a sack, but he put a lot of pressure on smith, and was also strong in the run game. we really lucked out several times today because sf has wide open wr's a few times, but smith overthrew them.

if i am not mistaken trey lewis is a keeper. we are going to be

alright up front with the mystery injury to montavius stanley cleared

up.