a workarond the blackouts

mjqvi

i kind of saw this blackout issue coming so i made preparations ahead of time. this may work for some of you with family out of state w/ sunday ticket and directv next season.

ive got a slingbox sitting on a directv receiver in virginia at my sisters house hot and ready to go with nfl sunday ticket. no blackout for me today. gotta love technology.

only 1 person can connect to a sling box at a time so i won't be able to split the connection. just consider getting a remote slingbox next year because it will be a long year of blackouts.

my setup:

slingbox w/ directv + sunday ticket at my sisters house in virginia w/ highspeed internet.

s-video cable + audio from tv to laptop w/ highspeed need in atlanta.

result watch my falcons on my big screen tv by going around the zip code blackout. biggrin.gif

i thought you might go with buy some tickets!

i work 65 hours a week traveling. when i'm in atlanta all i want to do is relax on my recliner and watch my game and not deal with traffic and hassle of getting to the dome. this blackout is like poking a angry hungry dog with a stick.

i kind of saw this blackout issue coming so i made preparations ahead of time. this may work for some of you with family out of state w/ sunday ticket and directv next season.

ive got a slingbox sitting on a directv receiver in virginia at my sisters house hot and ready to go with nfl sunday ticket. no blackout for me today. gotta love technology.

only 1 person can connect to a sling box at a time so i won't be able to split the connection. just consider getting a remote slingbox next year because it will be a long year of blackouts.

my setup:

slingbox w/ directv + sunday ticket at my sisters house in virginia w/ highspeed internet.

s-video cable + audio from tv to laptop w/ highspeed need in atlanta.

result watch my falcons on my big screen tv by going around the zip code blackout. biggrin.gif

i hope everyone knows that by posting these and other intentions on a public forum owned by the nfl and atlanta falcons is monitored and the acts you are describing are in violation of nfl copyright and federal law (which the blackout rule is derived from) - so not to be a downer -- just warning you -- i myself won't say nothing but i can't speak for the moderator of the falcons board -- by league policy they are suppose to report these types of events unsure.gif

i hope everyone knows that by posting these and other intentions on a public forum owned by the nfl and atlanta falcons is monitored and the acts you are describing are in violation of nfl copyright and federal law (which the blackout rule is derived from) - so not to be a downer -- just warning you -- i myself won't say nothing but i can't speak for the moderator of the falcons board -- by league policy they are suppose to report these types of events unsure.gif

i'd hardly consider myself a resident of atlanta since i'm never here. if my main place of watching my games is in virginia and i happen to be in atlanta this specific weekend i see no harm in it. i watch 90% of my tv via a slingbox because i'm on the road so much.

i'd hardly consider myself a resident of atlanta since i'm never here. if my main place of watching my games is in virginia and i happen to be in atlanta this specific weekend i see no harm in it. i watch 90% of my tv via a slingbox because i'm on the road so much.

the slingbox must have been the greatest thing to you then.

the slingbox must have been the greatest thing to you then.

it truly is. i spend most my time on the road for business. live between virginia and atlanta depending on the weekend. its great to get access to my dvr or games whereever im at.

i remember sitting in a hotel room in sacremento cursing over not being able to see my falcons. heard about sling box and went and bought two. really great investment.

i work 65 hours a week traveling. when i'm in atlanta all i want to do is relax on my recliner and watch my game and not deal with traffic and hassle of getting to the dome. this blackout is like poking a angry hungry dog with a stick.

oh teh traffic! ...like the 65,000 that go there don't have to deal with it...

you'll spend $200 for the sling box, $200+ for sunday ticket, and $240 for high speed internet.

actually, he is not breaking the law at all.

no problem with the slingbox - but the problem would be you rerouting it to a blackout area regardless from where it originates from -- that is in clear violation of the blackout policy

you might try some ex-lax they might help you with your problem.

or just a good heavy dose of fiber.

and just to add this about the slingbox

link

slingbox and others can transmit recorded and live programs, which could draw fire from any number of quarters. the mpaa is studying place-shifting technology but has no set course of action.

"we're hopeful slingbox will incorporate technology that will respect copyright," said dean garfield, vp and director of legal affairs at mpaa. "you don't have the authority to retransmit license work without negotiation or authorization."

no media-driven entity is being more zealous in this area than the nfl, which blitzes copyright infringers with the speed of a lottery-pick defensive lineman.

you might try some ex-lax they might help you with your problem.

or just a good heavy dose of fiber.

i have a problem of trying to warn somebody of publicly broadcasting illegal intents on an open forum? no, i'm just trying to give him a heads up so that maybe he will realize that if he does it great for him i don't care one way or the other - but to do it and then tell basically everyone on a nfl regulated forum how you intend to possibly commit a crime then that is stupid