blurb from lenny p's tip sheet notes; norwood & petrino power...

look for atlanta second-year tailback jerious norwood to start taking over a much bigger workload. the falcons won't totally phase out warrick dunn but, at age 32, the 11-year veteran is starting to show some wear and he doesn't figure into the long-term future for coach bobby petrino's staff. by the way, petrino has a lot more clout over personnel matters, and far more sway in general, than did predecessor jim mora. which is saying something for a guy coming into the nfl from the college ranks. several general managers in the league expect petrino to clean house after this season, with cornerback deangelo hall, not surprisingly, atop the list of veterans who will be traded

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look for atlanta second-year tailback jerious norwood to start taking over a much bigger workload. the falcons won't totally phase out warrick dunn but, at age 32, the 11-year veteran is starting to show some wear and he doesn't figure into the long-term future for coach bobby petrino's staff. by the way, petrino has a lot more clout over personnel matters, and far more sway in general, than did predecessor jim mora. which is saying something for a guy coming into the nfl from the college ranks. several general managers in the league expect petrino to clean house after this season, with cornerback deangelo hall, not surprisingly, atop the list of veterans who will be traded

i love the sound of that!

look for atlanta second-year tailback jerious norwood to start taking over a much bigger workload. the falcons won't totally phase out warrick dunn but, at age 32, the 11-year veteran is starting to show some wear and he doesn't figure into the long-term future for coach bobby petrino's staff.

seems to me that the writers and other pundits keep saying this, but each week bp trots dunn out there as the feature back.

i do like seeing norwood as the kr, though, and i think he will break some returns in the 2nd half of the season.

petrino was really given a roster that was used to mora's friendly attitude. i think with mora being the buddy he was to the main guys on this team, it has set this team back big time. even though mora's success was great his first year, he really let this team down when he couldnt take the pressure anymore. it didnt help that his players at the time werent performing for him neither. remember when kerney went off to seattle and he said that for the falcons to become successful, they would have to fix the attitude of some of the players in the locker room. its obvious the attitudes are coming out, and when they come out they are gettting hit right back.

because if hall was a blanket, he couldn't cover a bed.

yes, we shouldd get rid of him. he's young and talented. what use is he?? rolleyes.gif

we should get rid of that boley character and norwood as well. who needs those guys???[/sarcasm]

be angry about deangelo mouthing off, but why in the world so many want to trade away our best players is beyond me.

yes, we shouldd get rid of him. he's young and talented. what use is he?? rolleyes.gif

we should get rid of that boley character and norwood as well. who needs those guys???[/sarcasm]

be angry about deangelo mouthing off, but why in the world so many want to trade away our best players is beyond me.

because he's a cancer. rolleyes.gif

because he's a cancer. rolleyes.gif

and so is that crumpler fellow. rolleyes.gif

point is if petrino wanted things to work with hall, they'd work. the real problem is 1-6. hall needs to keep his mouth shut, no doubt, but we need him as a cornerstone of this team. also, it doesn't help his trade value when reports like this come out because if everyone knows he's out, his value decreases.

i'd rather not trade deangelo, but i understand it. him and coach don't see eye to eye, he has already had on the field issues that hurt the team, and he is going to be (or try to be) the highest paid corner in the game after next season. so you try to maximize his value while you still have him. we just have to make sure we actually do maximize it.

i'd rather not trade deangelo, but i understand it. him and coach don't see eye to eye, he has already had on the field issues that hurt the team, and he is going to be (or try to be) the highest paid corner in the game after next season. so you try to maximize his value while you still have him. we just have to make sure we actually do maximize it.

i can understand actually trading him, but i can't understand people who are actively cheering us trading him, just like i couldn't understand people who actually wanted vick to be guilty before the facts came out. i can't understand people who want our most talented players to be gone at all costs..

as for maximizing his value, that's up to hall. i think he'll play his tail off because he competes hard each week. however, the more smoke gets blown in the media, the less his value is. if teams know we're going to get rid of him, they'll lowball us all offseason, and the downside to that is, if we're going to get rid of him and do not, he's liable to hold out.

best case scenario is that he shuts up, petrino and him make up, and we keep him.

i can understand actually trading him, but i can't understand people who are actively cheering us trading him, just like i couldn't understand people who actually wanted vick to be guilty before the facts came out. i can't understand people who want our most talented players to be gone at all costs..

as for maximizing his value, that's up to hall. i think he'll play his tail off because he competes hard each week. however, the more smoke gets blown in the media, the less his value is. if teams know we're going to get rid of him, they'll lowball us all offseason, and the downside to that is, if we're going to get rid of him and do not, he's liable to hold out.

best case scenario is that he shuts up, petrino and him make up, and we keep him.

that is definitely best case, but i'm not too worried about the other situations. if teams really want him, they won't be able to get away with lowballing for long. we can always just sit on him and franchise him, and they wouldn't get him. or if we did let him hit the open market, they know they'd be paying more that they might if they trade for him and extend him.

and hall might hold out for awhile, but i doubt he holds out during any regular season play. he likes getting paid (we all do).

but i'm hoping for best case scenario. it would suck to lose such a talented corner who hasn't even reached his prime yet.

that is definitely best case, but i'm not too worried about the other situations. if teams really want him, they won't be able to get away with lowballing for long. we can always just sit on him and franchise him, and they wouldn't get him. or if we did let him hit the open market, they know they'd be paying more that they might if they trade for him and extend him.

and hall might hold out for awhile, but i doubt he holds out during any regular season play. he likes getting paid (we all do).

but i'm hoping for best case scenario. it would suck to lose such a talented corner who hasn't even reached his prime yet.

here's to hoping in this season of little hope, lol. tongue.gif

and so is that crumpler fellow. rolleyes.gif

point is if petrino wanted things to work with hall, they'd work. the real problem is 1-6. hall needs to keep his mouth shut, no doubt, but we need him as a cornerstone of this team. also, it doesn't help his trade value when reports like this come out because if everyone knows he's out, his value decreases.

show me a good team in the nfl who has a loud mouth idiot who mouths off to the coach.