are we saving ovie and snelling for next year?

we didn't pay 18 million for ovie to ride the bench, snelling was too good to not be playing unless we have secured the pair to play with jerious in our back field next year?

if that is the case then we are playing 2007 for the draft.

we seem to be protecting norwood, ovie and snelling (as he gets his health better)

we may still draft a power back anyway, mcfadden would be our version of what ap is doing at minny.

our rb's, once unleased would be norwood, snelling and ovie and hopefully mcfadden.

we may be protecting these guys as well as laurant robinson, saving joe horn and alge as well while we search for an oline that can block for these rb's and our new franchise drafted qb...we need the better draft pick but even 3rd or 4th, we will get a top qb. i'd like to see mcfadden our first, then the best qb available.

all olinemen after that until we have what we need!

is coach petrino trying to protect these better players from being injured by not playing them excessively until next year when we can get some oline help??

brohm is going to be a probowler one day but matt ryan is very savvy under pressure. i like ryan a lot, he reminds me of joe montana. he scrambles really well for a white guy. brohm is making throws that he shouldn't be making, leading to int's. int's worry me, ryan just don't throw those passes, a better decison maker under duress i think.

colt brennan has dropped in my view, maybe i had him too high. it is hard to tell with colt playing on a so so team at hawaii. no rb's on most plays make him pass on every down. it doesn't give colt much to compare him to. colt does have an arm and he reads defenses well, but college defense is not what he will play against at the next level is it??

a talented qb that fits into the petrino scheme is needed badly, what we have now does not fit at all.

lefty may be the better backup, byron could do what warner is doing at 'zona this year, while leinart matures.

joey will play some place other than atl next year, i am certain of that.

the defense is building pretty well, we need a better secondary period.

we need a patrick willis in the middle, and a laron landry at safety, but what team doesn't need that??

i have so much optimism for the off season and the draft.

like i saw in another thread, in all my years, next year will be met with much anticipation of huge improvement.

to be honest, petrino got short sheeted from the personnel he was "supposed" to have, and then he got thrown out there with the personnel he has this year.

right now, more than ever, our falcon future is fully in bobby petrino's hands.

i wish our coaching staff well in completing this miserable fiasco of a season and the real start of a new team next season!

support coach petrino if you are a falcon fan, it is in bobby's hands!

go falcons!

i'd like to see what a red falcon helmet, with the new logo would look like.

the red helmet is so retro and the new logo is the baddest in the nfl.

any of you photoshop gurus want to take that one on??

michaelgee rolleyes.gif

why do people get excited about some fringe rb the falcons have on thier practice squad every year? there was quincy wilson and then marlion jackson and now snelling. why don't we see if the guy can actually do something in a regular season game first?

the falcons have much bigger problems than rb's. adrian peterson is great, but he can't do much to help the fact that the vikings suck. a team like the falcons need to build a better o-line and find a franchise qb before worrying about a star rb.

i am typically against using high picks on rb, but peterson and dmc are freaks of nature. if dmc is gone, i would take either dorsey, ryan or maybe trade down. i almost wish we would have taken the dt out of louisville because chris long and the de out of miami are sick. but jamaal should become a very good player in time.

we didn't pay 18 million for ovie to ride the bench, snelling was too good to not be playing unless we have secured the pair to play with jerious in our back field next year?

we seem to be protecting norwood, ovie and snelling (as he gets his health better)

we may still draft a power back anyway, mcfadden would be our version of what ap is doing at minny.

our rb's, once unleased would be norwood, snelling and ovie and hopefully mcfadden.

we may be protecting these guys as well as laurant robinson, saving joe horn and alge as well while we search for an oline that can block for these rb's and our new franchise drafted qb...we need the better draft pick but even 3rd or 4th, we will get a top qb. i'd like to see mcfadden our first, then the best qb available.

is coach petrino trying to protect these better players from being injured by not playing them excessively until next year when we can get some oline help??

brohm is going to be a probowler one day but matt ryan is very savvy under pressure. i like ryan a lot, he reminds me of joe montana. he scrambles really well for a white guy. brohm is making throws that he shouldn't be making, leading to int's. int's worry me, ryan just don't throw those passes, a better decison maker under duress i think.

colt brennan has dropped in my view, maybe i had him too high. it is hard to tell with colt playing on a so so team at hawaii. no rb's on most plays make him pass on every down. it doesn't give colt much to compare him to. colt does have an arm and he reads defenses well, but college defense is not what he will play against at the next level is it??

a talented qb that fits into the petrino scheme is needed badly, what we have now does not fit at all.

lefty may be the better backup, byron could do what warner is doing at 'zona this year, while leinart matures.

we need a patrick willis in the middle, and a laron landry at safety, but what team doesn't need that??

like i saw in another thread, in all my years, next year will be met with much anticipation of huge improvement.

to be honest, petrino got short sheeted from the personnel he was "supposed" to have, and then he got thrown out there with the personnel he has this year.

i wish our coaching staff well in completing this miserable fiasco of a season and the real start of a new team next season!

go falcons!

michaelgee rolleyes.gif

and yet we have another person thinks that a running back can succeed with a horrible o-line, a qb in the same reason, that we can fix our o-line later than in the third round and beyond. we need the absolute best lt and maybe even rt. i would not be suprised to see (well i would knowing mckay) lt, then rt and dt in rounds 2-3 if there is good players. then maybe look at depth at the line still. dorsey would be great, especially with lewis and babs to rotate in with him and coleman. simply put, if we rely on gandy/anyone else on our roster any more, we will not be able to run or pass. we can have mcfadden, brohm, whoever you want, all it will do is set them up for failure.

for example, the jets last year took 2 oline in the first round, and they made the playoffs with a below par skilled team. this year they have bad injuries on both sides of the ball so you can't count that. rams lose pace, now wheres the greatest show on turf? we are skilled enough, who could get the ball enough to get in a rhythm if you had mcfadden, norwood, ovie, dunn, and snelling...

and yet we have another person thinks that a running back can succeed with a horrible o-line, a qb in the same reason, that we can fix our o-line later than in the third round and beyond. we need the absolute best lt and maybe even rt. i would not be suprised to see (well i would knowing mckay) lt, then rt and dt in rounds 2-3 if there is good players. then maybe look at depth at the line still. dorsey would be great, especially with lewis and babs to rotate in with him and coleman. simply put, if we rely on gandy/anyone else on our roster any more, we will not be able to run or pass. we can have mcfadden, brohm, whoever you want, all it will do is set them up for failure.

for example, the jets last year took 2 oline in the first round, and they made the playoffs with a below par skilled team. this year they have bad injuries on both sides of the ball so you can't count that. rams lose pace, now wheres the greatest show on turf? we are skilled enough, who could get the ball enough to get in a rhythm if you had mcfadden, norwood, ovie, dunn, and snelling...

whoever is healthy at the time. this league is about rb by committee as we rack

up injury after injury. they criticized the turf in london but the net result was no

injuries in that game. the turf gave before the knee. brandon jacobs plowed for

over 100 yards. eli couldn't throw and the receivers were slowed but ? do we

need to reavaluate our turf in light of all the injuries. if a running back lasts the

year it is fluke.

go falcons!

michaelgee rolleyes.gif

normaly i agree with most of your post and this one is good, but i have to ask how you figure " petrino got short sheeted from the personnel he was "supposed" to have, and then he got thrown out there with the personnel he has this year."

with the exception of the qb the team he got when he started was same as last year. now granted there is a difference in the roster from last year to this year now but they were purina's choices.

when are people going to understand this team right now is by his choice and not something he got stuck with.

remember he kept matt prater as our kicker over billy cundiff who had a good preseason and we saw how good that worked.

he chose to keep lewis sanders & adam jennings in doing so he terminated the contract of jason webster & traded allen

rossum. now by no shade of the imagination will i say rossum & webster were any good but they could play cb as bad as sanders has. also rossum did know how to do something other then signal for a fair catch.

just for added measure to show how lost he is, he sign casey bramlet on aug 12th, waived him sept 1st, signed him on the 3rd, signed him to active roster on sept 7th then released him again on sept 18th. if he can't make up his mind on a 3rd string qb why does anyone think he knows how to chose other taltent.

yeah it will be interesting to see what the team does next season, but as many of you pointed out there is plenty of reason for fear and skepticism. bp did get a tough hand dealt to him this season, but there have been some questionable decisions by the coaching staff this season.

lets just sit tight and hope they get it right. michaelgee is correct though about our future totally riding on petrino.

i am just crossing my fingers hoping this guy can turn this ship around.

normaly i agree with most of your post and this one is good, but i have to ask how you figure " petrino got short sheeted from the personnel he was "supposed" to have, and then he got thrown out there with the personnel he has this year."

with the exception of the qb the team he got when he started was same as last year. now granted there is a difference in the roster from last year to this year now but they were purina's choices.

when are people going to understand this team right now is by his choice and not something he got stuck with.

remember he kept matt prater as our kicker over billy cundiff who had a good preseason and we saw how good that worked.

he chose to keep lewis sanders & adam jennings in doing so he terminated the contract of jason webster & traded allen

rossum. now by no shade of the imagination will i say rossum & webster were any good but they could play cb as bad as sanders has. also rossum did know how to do something other then signal for a fair catch.

just for added measure to show how lost he is, he sign casey bramlet on aug 12th, waived him sept 1st, signed him on the 3rd, signed him to active roster on sept 7th then released him again on sept 18th. if he can't make up his mind on a 3rd string qb why does anyone think he knows how to chose other taltent.

vick was our whole offense, without vick we have a bunch of people waiting for vick to make the play.

that equals no offense, how is that not being short sheeted??

bp was promised a qb, that qb guy screwed the pooch.

bp got a team with a dead pooch.

michaelgee blink.gif