falcons "lose out intentionally!"

i keep hearing from people that the falcons should just go ahead and lose out so that they can get a better draft pick in the first round, what do you think??????

personally i think that would be a bad idea and don't think it will happen in a million years because a lot of the players for the falcons have reputations and a lot of money riding on them to play good football.

keep in mind these are things that i am hearing from people who are "so called fans" and don't take their opinions seriousally at all because they don't keep up with the falcons like i and others such as yourself reading this message do.

i will never give up on the falcons! and i don't think they will ever give up on us fans as far as playing to win goes!

thoughts???????????

i hate to tell you this, but they're not playing for you or me. they are playing for themselves. that's just the business of being a professional athlete. that's just how it is.

did you not read my post? one of the lines i posted was "personally i think that would be a bad idea and don't think it will happen in a million years because a lot of the players for the falcons have reputations and a lot of money riding on them to play good football."

i'm not talking just about the players, i'm talking about the falcons new head coaches and the front office and the people that control what happens with the falcons. i appologize because i should have been more specific.

i hate to tell you this, but they're not playing for you or me. they are playing for themselves. that's just the business of being a professional athlete. that's just how it is.

lighten up.......the money is good but it doesnt mean that they dont love the game.they do its what they have done with their life.you cant play according to what you think might happen in the draft.it doesnt work that way.we are just going thru a rough spot.

lighten up.......the money is good but it doesnt mean that they dont love the game.they do its what they have done with their life.you cant play according to what you think might happen in the draft.it doesnt work that way.we are just going thru a rough spot.

do you think the team would be better off to lose out or just try and win this year? just wondering.

it is better if you look in the long run and not so short sighted.

sure it makes the next nine games hard to watch but if it gives us 8-9 years of prosperity after that it's freaking worth it.

we need jake long or darren mcfadden at all costs

and it's not just our 1st round pick that will be higher, it's the 2nd, 3rd, etc.

we could build this team from the ground up like the cowboys did.

i keep hearing from people that the falcons should just go ahead and lose out so that they can get a better draft pick in the first round, what do you think??????

personally i think that would be a bad idea and don't think it will happen in a million years because a lot of the players for the falcons have reputations and a lot of money riding on them to play good football.

keep in mind these are things that i am hearing from people who are "so called fans" and don't take their opinions seriousally at all because they don't keep up with the falcons like i and others such as yourself reading this message do.

i will never give up on the falcons! and i don't think they will ever give up on us fans as far as playing to win goes!

thoughts???????????

never give up? haven't watched our season finales the past couple of years have ya? ****, we lost to backups, and didn't just lose, got spanked. nope, we've got our share of quitters, but i have a feeling that a few of them will be elsewhere next year.

i don't think any team or player tries to lose for any reason unless illegal gambling is involved, which is not the case here.

no i don't think the team is intentionally trying to lose, nor would they ever. having a high round draft pick is not a guarantee to improving your team. the long list of high pick draft busts confirmsthat. add to that the huge amount of money you risk makes the high draft pick not as desirable as people might think.

we play to win em all.

hoping my team loses games is just not something i can do. count me out.

if we went 0-15 i'd still want to win #16 because i want my team to win.

besides, the falcons have a terrible history with high draft picks, so the difference between picking first and picking fourth is not necessarily going to mean the difference between going 4-12 and 12-4.

one high draft pick isn't going to turn this team, with all it's weaknesses, into a super bowl squad. i'd rather make a deal for a few 2nd and 3rd rounders than to get the #1 overall pick and nothing else.