does ab buy the unsold seats?

jdc1963

haha, let him see how it feels to pay those high ticket prices he set himself. the irony of this would be cool.

there not even that expensive, 12 dollars is the going rate of some of them.

remember they had to give away tickets to the midtown event this year. and what were they, 5 dollars?

i've never heard of arthur buying his own tickets. what usually happens is that sponsors and other groups buy up large packages to prevent the blackout. not the owner of the team. the problem now is that i dont think sponsors would look at it as a good investment.

thank you. i thought that was wrong.....i can recall (back in '03), hearing some talking heads on the radio saying that arthur bought the seats to prevent a blackout. now sponsors doing it.... that makes way more sense.

thank you. i thought that was wrong.....i can recall (back in '03), hearing some talking heads on the radio saying that arthur bought the seats to prevent a blackout. now sponsors doing it.... that makes way more sense.

so, it'll be the "ford drive zone" nosebleed seats then!!!

he can. owners are allowed to buy the tickets, just as long as they really buy them.

another thread talking about the business behind him potentially buying the tickets

it's long, but the summation is that he could buy those tickets to avoid the game being blacked out locally and further eroding local support for the team.

i know in '02 home depot bought out quite a few seats and i think it was the first time vick played carolina in the dome because we still wore the 98 black uni's.

i remember because of the plays vick made as well as there being some home depot thing in every seat and i think they even announced it.

i'm also not sure if you get additional corporate backing for the falcons after the pr nightmare we went through.

correction... that we are still going through. technically vick is still on the roster and still part of this team...

yep, i could see corporate america staying the heck away from the falcons...

i've never heard of arthur buying his own tickets. what usually happens is that sponsors and other groups buy up large packages to prevent the blackout. not the owner of the team. the problem now is that i dont think sponsors would look at it as a good investment.

jerry jones used to buy up any unsold tickets before the game and give them away to like the boys and girls club and various children organizations like that.