what was your view of mora after his first year...?

more than likely it was "omg - he's great! finally a good coach". or something to that extent.

so let's withhold making any type of absolute judgements on petrino. fact is, mora walked into a situation where the franchise player was coming back from a major injury so it was getting a boost. petrino walks into a situation where the franchise player has been banned from the nfl. i think given the lessons we all should have learned in evaluating mora's capabilities, let's give petrino a larger sample size than 7 games before making any firm conclusions.

more than likely it was "omg - he's great! finally a good coach". or something to that extent.

so let's withhold making any type of absolute judgements on petrino. fact is, mora walked into a situation where the franchise player was coming back from a major injury so it was getting a boost. petrino walks into a situation where the franchise player has been banned from the nfl. i think given the lessons we all should have learned in evaluating mora's capabilities, let's give petrino a larger sample size than 7 games before making any firm conclusions.

im willing to wait and see as well....i think bp will end up being a good nfl coach

anyone who judges petrino based on this season knows absolutely zero about nfl football.

^

^

^

what he said.

the people calling bp clueless are hilarious. like they actually have a clue about how to run an nfl team. laugh.gif and to make that decision based on 7 games, after the offseason we had. wow. thats smart.

all of these 'bp is clueless' people need to look in the mirror.

anyone who judges petrino based on this season knows absolutely zero about nfl football.

what he said! absolutely, if some of the people on here ran the team we would have another 30 years of losing. you have to build continuity in an organization. it's been proven that no-one can build a winning organization if you're playing musical chairs with your coaching. i give bp 2 more years to get us into early round playoffs and 4 years to a sb.....and i'm no spring chicken that has another 30 years left to watch the falcons! wink.gif

well also consider mora 's 1rst year was with a team that reeves built!!but i will give petrino 1 more year after this to see if he can turn this club around.no playoff's=no job!!!

yes mora started with a reeves built team

but bp had to start with a mora built team minus the one great player mora had!

i am not passing judgment on petrino yet, but let follow this logically. people said mora won with reeves players and now petrino has to play with mora players. so where exactly does mckay fit into the equation? doesn't he suppose to the one who build the team for the coach to coach? granted mora and petrino might said i need a run stuffer or a power fb and mckay goes and get it for them, but ultimately mckay is the one who select which run stuffer or fb.

furthermore, which year do we consider the players to be mora(& mckay) players and no longer reeves players? the core of vick, dunn, crumpler, almost the whole ol, brooking, kerney, etc... these are players under reeves that mora had all the way up to last year. so again what year can we said that it is mora players and not reeves players anymore? i am not sure we can. then how can we said petrino is playing with mora players if it was never his(mora) players any year he was here?

ultimately regardless who players these players were/are, you have to look at the job that each coach did with them. mora was here 2004-2006 with records of 11-5, 8-8, 7-9 but always had a great start and falter down the stretch. don't know if it is average team overachieving or bad coaching and can't adjust, probably the latter. of course injuries didn't really help either. with petrino we are 1-6 so far with basically the same players(minus a big one) that were 8-8 and 7-9. you can said it's due to missing vick, new system, new scheme, etc... all i know is that we still don't know what petrino is or will be. he can be better than mora, but then again he can also be worse as he has not shown us that he can win with these players either. if mora did not have vick in 2004 then would he too start 1-6? maybe, maybe not, but even if he did and start releasing veteran players, is he then doing any worse than what petrino is doing now? of course not. so why it is prematurely to pass judgment on petrino, i also think he doesn't warrant any defense either. i think we just need to sit back and wait to see. if people want to criticize him now then let them, but defend him now and you might be defending another mora.

i am not passing judgment on petrino yet, but let follow this logically. people said mora won with reeves players and now petrino has to play with mora players. so where exactly does mckay fit into the equation? doesn't he suppose to the one who build the team for the coach to coach? granted mora and petrino might said i need a run stuffer or a power fb and mckay goes and get it for them, but ultimately mckay is the one who select which run stuffer or fb.

furthermore, which year do we consider the players to be mora(& mckay) players and no longer reeves players? the core of vick, dunn, crumpler, almost the whole ol, brooking, kerney, etc... these are players under reeves that mora had all the way up to last year. so again what year can we said that it is mora players and not reeves players anymore? i am not sure we can. then how can we said petrino is playing with mora players if it was never his(mora) players any year he was here?

ultimately regardless who players these players were/are, you have to look at the job that each coach did with them. mora was here 2004-2006 with records of 11-5, 8-8, 7-9 but always had a great start and falter down the stretch. don't know if it is average team overachieving or bad coaching and can't adjust, probably the latter. of course injuries didn't really help either. with petrino we are 1-6 so far with basically the same players(minus a big one) that were 8-8 and 7-9. you can said it's due to missing vick, new system, new scheme, etc... all i know is that we still don't know what petrino is or will be. he can be better than mora, but then again he can also be worse as he has not shown us that he can win with these players either. if mora did not have vick in 2004 then would he too start 1-6? maybe, maybe not, but even if he did and start releasing veteran players, is he then doing any worse than what petrino is doing now? of course not. so why it is prematurely to pass judgment on petrino, i also think he doesn't warrent any defense either. i think we just need to sit back and wait to see. if people want to criticize him now then let them, but defend him now and you might be defending another mora.

i will not defend him now cause i see what all critiques are saying....but im willing to wait and see.....but i want some improvement next year......is that fair to say???

i will not defend him now cause i see what all critiques are saying....but im willing to wait and see.....but i want some improvement next year......is that fair to say???

i think wait and see is the best stand in this case. if people want to blame him, let them. you don't have to join in but you also don't have to defend him either. just know that you are holding your judgment until a later time. to defend him now i think is to say that you believe what he is doing is right, and i don't think anyone can said that at this point.

well also consider mora 's 1rst year was with a team that reeves built!!but i will give petrino 1 more year after this to see if he can turn this club around.no playoff's=no job!!!

for all those who says mora came in with a team reeves built -- well he did one thing with a reeves team that reeves couldn't do -- win!

and before people jump up and down and say "but but vick was hurt?!!!!

ok then explain 1999 - 2000 - 2001 -- what?! another player injured? dry.gif puh-lease

reeves did great in 1998 - almost p!$$ed away 2003 -- thank god we don't have a reeves team anymore