andrew walter might be waived

raiders coach lane kiffin says andrew walter could be waived shortly.

"our roster will probably have some changes coming up and that could be one of them," kiffin said monday. walter was oakland's third-round pick in 2005. he has fallen to fourth on the team's depth chart this season.

interesting.

why do you think that is?

"our roster will probably have some changes coming up and that could be one of them," kiffin said monday. walter was oakland's third-round pick in 2005. he has fallen to fourth on the team's depth chart this season.

doubt we pick him up unless we cut joey or redman loose.

for some reason i dont think he is the answer.

uh, because petrino and mckay were interested in getting him earlier this year? now we can get him for free!

maybe petrino can turn him into something and we don't have to spend a draft pick on a qb.

that was before we picked up lefty. seriously, if he is not the long term answer, why in gods name would we sign him? give him 4 weeks to learn the playbook, and then, assuming lefty goes down again, we play him like 5 games. no way do you sign a qb midseason like this unless you don't have a starter (like miami). why sign some guy who would play a few games this year after we got 2 other qb's with contracts going into next year for about 3 million a piece? do we need 3 possible starters?

at first i was like "yeah"...but then i saw mccown. getting beaten out for the 3rd string job by mccown is not acceptable.

right, like the raiders have made good personel decisions in the last few years rolleyes.gif . for all those bunch of knuckle-heads know out there, walter could be the next brady, manning, etc...... and they would never know it. i aint saying walter is great, but judging his worth by using the raiders assessment is not i good idea if you ask me.

yeah that man is an interception machine. we need the number one draft pick. bring him home mckay!!!

seriously everytime someone is cut or wants a trade someone brings this up.

grandma moses has been waived. bring her home mckay!!!! rolleyes.gif

that was before we picked up lefty. seriously, if he is not the long term answer, why in gods name would we sign him? give him 4 weeks to learn the playbook, and then, assuming lefty goes down again, we play him like 5 games. no way do you sign a qb midseason like this unless you don't have a starter (like miami). why sign some guy who would play a few games this year after we got 2 other qb's with contracts going into next year for about 3 million a piece? do we need 3 possible starters?

1. leftwich will definitely go down again.

2. leftwich is about as smart as a sack of hammers, and he was ready to start in 5 weeks. so, walter could be ready in about 30 minutes. laugh.gif (maybe a slightly overstated wink.gif ).

yeah that man is an interception machine. we need the number one draft pick. bring him home mckay!!!

seriously everytime someone is cut or wants a trade someone brings this up.

grandma moses has been waived. bring her home mckay!!!! rolleyes.gif

did you actually see the raiders last year????? they made the falcons oline look like all-pros. and on top of that, you had some fantastic coaching dry.gif , moss playing when he felt like it, porter getting benched for acting like dhall, .......do i need to keep going, cause i can. the guy got thrown into an impossible situation, alot like the falcons qbs this year, so i don't think i would just chalk him up as a bust yet.

um, no offense, but mccown was the starter in oakland before he got hurt. which means that culpepper was also beaten out by mccown, yet some folks still clamor that the falcons should have made a play for him prior to this season. regardless, i don't really think it would hurt to snatch him up if comes free, especially given his size and arm strength, not to mention leftwich track record of loving the injured list.

wow...someone who actually pays attention to the entire nfl. a rare breed around here.(no pun intended)

donsolo is wise. wink.gif

1. leftwich will definitely go down again.

2. leftwich is about as smart as a sack of hammers, and he was ready to start in 5 weeks. so, walter could be ready in about 30 minutes. laugh.gif (maybe a slightly overstated wink.gif ).

luckily we have another crappy qb to back him up. do we need 2 guys lucky enough to play backup on the team, behind a guy who has popsicle sticks for ankles? i don't think we need that much depth for qb, nor do we need to drop more money into qb for a guy who would be lucky to play 2 games this year, considering we could get a better fa qb in the offseason before we draft one.

luckily we have another crappy qb to back him up. do we need 2 guys lucky enough to play backup on the team, behind a guy who has popsicle sticks for ankles? i don't think we need that much depth for qb, nor do we need to drop more money into qb for a guy who would be lucky to play 2 games this year, considering we could get a better fa qb in the offseason before we draft one.

i'm trying to figure out who you could be talking about, but i'm coming up with nothing. give me some fa qbs that would be worth waiting for when you got harrington, leftwich, redman as your "stable" of qbs.

we should definitely grab him if he is cut loose. there is no downside. he will be cheap, he has great upside, we have great coaches, and the movement has already begun towards scouting/developing players for the future. redman is hardly worth the #3 at this point. might as well put someone in that slot with potential.