champ bailey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in addition to being a falcons fan i am also a broncos fan, and i can tell you that anyone who thinks that champ bailey (or dre bly for that matter) never get beat like hall are just stupid. infact, bailey seems to give up way more short plays and bites on play action way more than hall. he got smoked by dallas clark earlier this year like that.

overall, i would say that bailey gives up more small plays every game but never really gets deep beat much, while hall tends to allow less throws but also allows for the occasional bad play and gets more bad handoffs with his safety than bailey.

with all that said, i think bailey is a better corner but i also think you underestimate hall. id put hall as the number 2 cb in the league. considering what he does with two safetys that struggle in pass coverage and not much of a pass rush, id say he does very well overall.

in addition to being a falcons fan i am also a broncos fan, and i can tell you that anyone who thinks that champ bailey (or dre bly for that matter) never get beat like hall are just stupid. infact, bailey seems to give up way more short plays and bites on play action way more than hall. he got smoked by dallas clark earlier this year like that.

overall, i would say that bailey gives up more small plays every game but never really gets deep beat much, while hall tends to allow less throws but also allows for the occasional bad play and gets more bad handoffs with his safety than bailey.

with all that said, i think bailey is a better corner but i also think you underestimate hall. id put hall as the number 2 cb in the league. considering what he does with two safetys that struggle in pass coverage and not much of a pass rush, id say he does very well overall.

amen

some be bop music, i cant understand what those people are saying..

all of it is about killing cops & not loving them ho's

as far as talent goes, you guys are dead on. hall and bailey are both very good corners. but my problem with hall is that he is not a team player and talks way too much.

he is not a good role model for the new players coming in and i would trade straight up for bailey right now but i bet denver wouldn't do that. they don't want d hall anywhere near their team.

i just wish d hall could gain some class and be a true pro for a change. if he wanted to do that then no one would or could ever question him.

he is not a good role model for the new players coming in and i would trade straight up for bailey right now but i bet denver wouldn't do that. they don't want d hall anywhere near their team.

actually, i haev heard nothing but good things from the rookies coming in when it comes to hall. several of them(esp willians and houston) have said that hall has made a point of taking them under his wing and helping them deal with their new nfl lifestyle.

actually, i haev heard nothing but good things from the rookies coming in when it comes to hall. several of them(esp willians and houston) have said that hall has made a point of taking them under his wing and helping them deal with their new nfl lifestyle.

i heard the same thing about hall. some of these posters just make up stuff and post it because it sounds good.

everyone gets beat. champ gets beat less than almost anyone in the nfl.

i think hall and champ are similar athletes. my problem with hall as has been with his technique. he was very bad last year. this year, he's been **** near perfect sense the preseason game with the bengals.

yeah, i think rod woodson was ripping on hall after the bengals game about his technique. our previous coaching staff was so clueless. bill johnson seemed like a good d-line coach, but whoever coached the wr and dbs did not deserve to have a job.

yep, time to cut him. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

to hear guys around here, he'd be out of a job right now!!

big difference. hall can't keep his mouth shut and be a team player. do you hear champ complain about the coaching decisions, and blaming the safties everytime he gets beat? quite trying to compare, because hall doesn't even come close to champ bailey.

big difference. hall can't keep his mouth shut and be a team player. do you hear champ complain about the coaching decisions, and blaming the safties everytime he gets beat? quite trying to compare, because hall doesn't even come close to champ bailey.

when did hall ever blame a safety?

and why do bailey and hall not compare?

or throw temper tantrums when he is forced to play zone? every team in the nfl plays zone occasionally meangelo.

i heard the same thing about hall. some of these posters just make up stuff and post it because it sounds good.

: )

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pfw/featu...said+061807.htm

falcons cb deangelo hall, quoted in the atlanta journal-constitution on taking rookie cb chris houston under his wing: i felt it was my responsibility to get him caught up, not so much on the game, we got coaches for that, but just all the other stuff. all the temptations, all the things that come when you leave this facility with nothing really to do. i want to be that other set of eyes and give him another opinion to hear. he's a 'yes, sir' kind of guy. he is more easy-going than i was. i was more of a jerk. guys like him, he works hard, and we can't wait to see how he progresses.

bailey has been doing it for a bunch of years. hall has done it for 7 games? last year, hall got beat quite a bit...

last year was not hall's best year....and guess what...it was the same for champ bailey.....his 3rd season was a down year for him as well......go figure.

here are some comparisons:

bailey's 3rd season(2001): 48 tackles, 3 ints, 17 yards, 14 passes defended, 0 tds

sanders' 3rd season(1991): 35 tackles, 6 ints, 119 yards, 14 passes defended, 1 td

dhall's 3rd season(2006): 51 tackles, 4 ints, 131 yards, 12 passes defended, 1 td

total after 3 seasons:

bailey(48 games): 177 tackles, 13 ints, 120 yards, 36 passes defended, 1 td

sanders(46 games): 94 tackles, 14 ints, 324 yards, 40 passes defended, 3 tds

dhall(41 games): 137 tackles, 12 ints, 358 yards, 20 passes defended, 2 tds

last year was not hall's best year....and guess what...it was the same for champ bailey.....his 3rd season was a down year for him as well......go figure.

here are some comparisons:

bailey's 3rd season(2001): 48 tackles, 3 ints, 17 yards, 14 passes defended, 0 tds

sanders' 3rd season(1991): 35 tackles, 6 ints, 119 yards, 14 passes defended, 1 td

dhall's 3rd season(2006): 51 tackles, 4 ints, 131 yards, 12 passes defended, 1 td

total after 3 seasons:

bailey(48 games): 177 tackles, 13 ints, 120 yards, 36 passes defended, 1 td

sanders(46 games): 94 tackles, 14 ints, 324 yards, 40 passes defended, 3 tds

dhall(41 games): 137 tackles, 12 ints, 358 yards, 20 passes defended, 2 tds

using stats to compare dbs is ********....

using stats to compare dbs is ********....

well then explain it to me.

how about i use this season.

in watching 1 denver game and inside the nfl highlight reels this season, i have seen champ bailey give up more tds, than i have seen dhall give up watching the entire season's worth of games. how is that?

well then explain it to me.

how about i use this season.

in watching 1 denver game and inside the nfl highlight reels this season, i have seen champ bailey give up more tds, than i have seen dhall give up watching the entire season's worth of games. how is that?

yeah, even better.... how about we compare that to deangelo's game against pitt last year?