it's puzzling how reeves gets a pass from fans while petrino is getting full blame for his first 7 games.

halsey

why does reeves get a pass for 2003 from so many while petrino seems to be getting all the blame for this season. reeves seems to get a pass because he lost vick unexpectedly. so did petrino. at least reeves had 'his players' while petrino is working with mostly players he didn't have any part in selecting. many of whom don't want to accept him as thier new boss because he's not coddling them.

did you know that we still finished the season as the #14th rushing team in the nfl.

and how did reeves get a pass for that season considering he was "let go" in the middle of it?

yeah, the falcon's finished 14th with a younger warrick dunn , mike vick for 4 games, and lineman that fit the scheme. wink.gif

when i say "a pass", i mean by a large number of fans.

did you know that we still finished that season as the #14th rushing team in the nfl.

and how did reeves get a pass for that season considering he was "let go" in the middle of it?

how did he get a pass when he was essentially fired after winning the first game back with vick?

the logic is rather "puzzling". laugh.gif

yeah, the falcon's finished 14th with a younger warrick dunn , mike vick for 4 games, and lineman that fit the scheme. wink.gif

scheme?

what scheme? we didn't zone block. we ran a "traditional" blocking scheme. this was reeves football. dunn up the middle. over and over and over again...

trust me. reeves didn't get a pass at the time.

he looks better now because of the way the team collapsed the last 2 years with mora and the way the team looks now.

why does reeves get a pass for 2003 from so many while petrino seems to be getting all the blame for this season. reeves seems to get a pass because he lost vick unexpectedly. so did petrino. at least reeves had 'his players' while petrino is working with mostly players he didn't have any part in selecting. many of whom don't want to accept him as thier new boss because he's not coddling them.

reeves was fired

i haven't read any posts giving the coach full blame for the season.

he didn't get a pass but you have to realize many on this board want to go back to him.

what halsey is trying to say is that why are people screaming at coach p and asking for reeves when reeves had a better situation and only won 2 of the first 12 games that year?

he didn't, back in 2003. i am quite sure that most of the same people that are on here now screaming for petrino's head were on here back then screaming for reeves' head.

you are dead on the money!! the big issue on the board then was that reeves could not make adjustments at halftime to keep us in the game(s). a lot of people on here wanted blood!

he didn't get a pass but you have to realize many on this board want to go back to him.

what halsey is trying to say is that why are people screaming at coach p and asking for reeves when reeves had a better situation and only won 2 of the first 12 games that year?

better situation?

i would beg to differ. i don't know if i would say that doug johnson and kurt kittner were better options than joey harrington and chris redman...

also i think this team has much better defensive personnel than that team did. do you remember the starting db tandem or ray buchanon and tyrone williams?

tyrone willams quit during plays. they benched the entire secondary.

i guess you could say the situation was better because the team respected reeves and would not mess with him. of course reeves had a proven nfl track record and wasn't afriad to cut players mid season. remember willie jackson and quentin mccord?

reeves did have the respect/fear of nfl players. it is obvious that petrino does not.

scheme?

what scheme? we didn't zone block. we ran a "traditional" blocking scheme. this was reeves football. dunn up the middle. over and over and over again...

trust me. reeves didn't get a pass at the time.

he looks better now because of the way the team collapsed the last 2 years with mora and the way the team looks now.

the lineman playing for atlanta at that time were the lineman selected by reeves. whatever scheme you want to call it, they fit what reeves wanted. dunn averagesd 5.4 ypc that year so that was obviously working pretty well. wink.gif

better situation?

i would beg to differ. i don't know if i would say that doug johnson and kurt kittner were better options than joey harrington and chris redman...

also i think this team has much better defensive personnel than that team did. do you remember the starting db tandem or ray buchanon and tyrone williams?

tyrone willams quit during plays. they benched the entire secondary.

i guess you could say the situation was better because the team respected reeves and would not mess with him. of course reeves had a proven nfl track record and wasn't afriad to cut players mid season. remember willie jackson and quentin mccord?

reeves did have the respect/fear of nfl players. it is obvious that petrino does not.

dan reeves had his team regadless and he chose doug johnson and it wasn't his first season. we aren't talking about the teams, we are talking about the situation and dan had only himself to hold responsible for the problems after vick went down and he didn't go down throughout the whole season either.

apparently not a large enough number of fans. in fact, i can only remember about 5 people in all of atlanta that didn't want reeves gone back then. i think your memory is failing you buddy, which sucks because i like hearing your calls on buck & kincaide everyday.

apparently not a large enough number of fans. in fact, i can only remember about 5 people in all of atlanta that didn't want reeves gone back then. i think your memory is failing you buddy

nope, my memory isn't failing me, sister. i know the calls for reeve's job were loud back then, but there are a lot of people who have changed thier tune since and call for reeves to get his job back.

reeves also had a healthy alge crumpler.

did i mention reeves had both doug johnson and marc bulger in camp as undrafted free agents in camp in 2000 and chose to cut bulger. great choice....

hindsight is always 20/20. you ever thought that maybe bulger didn't have the arm strength to run this offense? maybe a spread offense like martz run was a better fit. dry.gif learn the fundamentals of football

hindsight is always 20/20. you ever thought that maybe bulger didn't have the arm strength to run this offense? maybe a spread offense like martz run was a better fit. dry.gif learn the fundamentals of football

i hope thats just a typical uneducated troll post and you arnt serious. laugh.gif

doh i missed that!

i think it is because most fans are casual and had a attachement to reeves while the only thing they know about bp is that some players dont like him because he is a doo-doo meanie head.

i changed the title to make it more clear. i was kidding.

so you're saying marc bulger would have been worse than doug johnson? doug johnson has a strong arm? laugh.gif

nope, my memory isn't failing me, sister. i know the calls for reeve's job were loud back then, but there are a lot of people who have changed thier tune since and call for reeves to get his job back.

best be careful hasley, i pointed out the exact same thing and was pretty much accused of stalking!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

and i agree with all you've said.