ajc's wyche says petrino has tremendous power to shape or influence..

columbus79

bobby petrino is going to continue doing what he's done, regardless if players like him or think he's kicking them to the curb. opening better lines of communication could save him some of the grousing, according to some players, but that simply might not be his way. petrino has been given tremendous power to shape and influence the roster, and he and his staff are going to play whom they feel like playing, regardless if part of the intent is to groom players for the future.

dunn is the major veteran domino that needs to fall. as long as he plays, it is business as usual.

2007 didn't have to be a lost cause. petrino chose to have redman as our #2 qb. petrino allowed dunn to start even after poor performances.

redman being our number 2 quarterback has had no effect on the season.

there was no way we were competing with joey harrington at qb and the worst o-line of the century.

2007 didn't have to be a lost cause. petrino chose to have redman as our #2 qb. petrino allowed dunn to start even after poor performances.

redman was our #3 qb before vick july mania started....everyone thought that vick won't be indicted until mid/end of july....

around that time, there was no qb left in the fa market for trade so don't blame petrino for this mess...

he might be kicking his balls behind the scene the day he found out that vick won't be playing anymore for atlanta....we all know that he chose to come to atlanta because of dog-killer aka vick aka ookie...

redman being our number 2 quarterback has had no effect on the season.

there was no way we were competing with joey harrington at qb and the worst o-line of the century.

if petrino had no intention of putting redman in a game, why even allow him to steal snaps from shockley in the preseason? and if he didn't like shockley, why not go after another veteran qb who has actually played?

harrington is 24-49 as a starter, but petrino had opportunities to adjust and make the tough decisions and he chose to throw the 2007 season away.

the majority of the o-line that started the season was part of the best running game in the nfl the previous three years. this o-line is struggling, but our main rb isn't a very good runner..

the majority of the o-line that started the season was part of the best running game in the nfl the previous three years. this o-line is struggling, but our main rb isn't a very good runner..

they were a #1 running team the previous years because of vick. the qb got 40% of the rushing yards mainly because the ol wasn't pass blocking so vick had to pull down and run. also the defense had to spy and account for vick which opened up better running lanes for dunn. the de had to rush up the field to seal away the corners which opened up lanes between the tackles.

they were a #1 running team the previous years because of vick. the qb got 40% of the rushing yards mainly because the ol wasn't pass blocking so vick had to pull down and run. also the defense had to spy and account for vick which opened up better running lanes for dunn. the de had to rush up the field to seal away the corners which opened up lanes between the tackles.

vick was the difference--obviously. why? because he is an impact player. dunn is not an impact player who is allergic to the red zone and goal line. harrington is an immobile, scared qb.

vick didn't have the best o-line, but he did make his teammates (i.e. their o-line) better.

dunn's talent doesn't warrant opposing defenses to change their style of play.

if petrino had no intention of putting redman in a game, why even allow him to steal snaps from shockley in the preseason? and if he didn't like shockley, why not go after another veteran qb who has actually played?

because, newsflash, redman outplayed shockley, and as someone else noted above, there were no veteran qbs available that we thought it prudent to sign.

redman was our #3 qb before vick july mania started....everyone thought that vick won't be indicted until mid/end of july....

around that time, there was no qb left in the fa market for trade so don't blame petrino for this mess...

he might be kicking his balls behind the scene the day he found out that vick won't be playing anymore for atlanta....we all know that he chose to come to atlanta because of dog-killer aka vick aka ookie...

i dont think redman would have made this team over redman. he was brought in because we needed a tc arm, and it helped that he was familiar with petrino.

if things worked out like they were hoped, i believe it would have been vick, harrington, shockley.

because, newsflash, redman outplayed shockley, and as someone else noted above, there were no veteran qbs available that we thought it prudent to sign.

i bet if you polled the team and asked them who they rather have at the start of preseason between shock and redman.. shock would win..

now petrino is scared to put the 30 year old redman in a real live game. it is very evident... he put an unprepared lefty in the game vs. the titans who hadn't played with the first team since he has been with the falcons.

petrino overrided the team's real choice and it was one of petrino's most selfish decisions he has made as a coach thus far. this isn't college. this is the nfl.

it's quite obvious that petrino does not agree with your assessment of dunn, since he still starts him.

i think our running game woes are more than just dunn not making yards, but that is something i will let petrino work out. wink.gif

well somebody's wrong and the 1-6 record indicates that petrino's/mckay's decisions hasn't quite worked out..

really?

do you know what's interesting?

in 2003 we still finished the year as the #14th rushing team in the league.

so we finished in the top half of the nfl in rushing with bob whitfield, roberto garza(?), mcclure, forney, and weiner...

and this was with doug johnson and kurt kitner as the qb's...

not having vick is no excuse for the way our running game is. also switching blocking schemes is no excuse for the way the running game is now.

if we could finish in the top 15 in '03 with that lineup then there's no excuse for the way things are now...

i bet if you polled the team and asked them who they rather have at the start of preseason between shock and redman.. shock would win..

now petrino is scared to put the 30 year old redman in a real live game. it is very evident... he put an unprepared lefty in the game vs. the titans who hadn't played with the first team since he has been with the falcons.

petrino overrided the team's real choice and it was one of petrino's most selfish decisions he has made as a coach thus far. this isn't college. this is the nfl.

yeah, clearly you are a

simpsons-homer.jpg

the rb coach doesn't sign the paychecks or make personnel decisions. he may have a different point of view and hoping dunn is benched by the head coach/gm/owner..

my problem is when people make these absolute statements like "if petrino doesn't bench dunn, then he doesn't know what he is talking about."

i have no problem with people expressing their opinion, but they should also at least recognize the fact that the coaching staff may be doing what they are doing for very good reasons. ollie has tons of experience as a running backs coach, and i believe (someone correct me if i'm wrong) that hue jackson (our offensive cooridinator) was the running backs coach prior to becoming the receivers's coach in cincy.

as far as speculation that rb coach having a different opinion, he may also have the same opinion. you don't have the slightest clue one way or the other. if you were forced to place a bet though, the smart money would say that petrino is listening to his position coaches rather than rejecting their opinions out of hand.

do you really believe that? its more likely that coach p had more history with redman and felt more comfortable with him. i'd bet that redman won't be here next year and dj will.

as far as speculation that rb coach having a different opinion, he may also have the same opinion. you don't have the slightest clue one way or the other. if you were forced to place a bet though, the smart money would say that petrino is listening to his position coaches rather than rejecting their opinions out of hand.

see i would say if anyone was smart they would not place any money (smart or other wise) on anything petrino does. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

i will not say the norwood needs to start over dunn but warwick sure ain't up to snuff this year..

i will say that so far it sure doesn't look like petrino has a clue to waht he is doing. they are a lot of people who think petrino is going to be great for this team. i think he will be the worst thnig to happen to the falcons ever, only time will tell for sure.

that's the hc's job - to evaluate talent. there was every reason to let them compete for the #2 spot.

not sure about that. i didn't get to see redman play much, but i watched the game that dj got hurt in. and he was playing lights out up until the injury. or at least what i'm used to seeing as "lights out" from the falcons w/he-who. very mobile, and making plays both in the air and on the ground.

btw, if there were no veteran qbs available, does that include testaverde? until yesterday, i gotta say it seemed like the panthers made a good call bringing him in as an alternative to their qb woes. why not testaverde instead of leftwich? (i mean, when it became obvious that we were going to have to sign another one.)

oh yeah, one more thing... we shouldn't get rid of dunn. he's been referred to as our #3 qb in at least one statement from the falcons hc staff. tongue.gif