vilma = overrated

ggarcia

often injured with several years under his belt. not the combination we need at lb. all this recent garbage about trading for vilma must be coming from jets fans.

we got conned with john abraham, let's not repeat. what i mean by conned is that we not only gave up a first rounder for ja, we also paid him a huge contract. we did so knowing that the jets did not want him anymore. and still, he has to be used judiciously in order to avoid a season-ending injury. we would have been better off with tamba hali or mangould.

i don't want to rehash history, but let's try to learn some lessons......please.

he was drafted in 04.yeah he has alot of years under his belt.he's hasn't missed games up until now,yeah he's always injured.i take it u don't know what you're talking about.

bump in hope for ggarcia stop posting in the nfl draft forums dry.gif

he's just got to stop.

...and i hope he realizes that vilma is one of the best middle linebackers for the 4-3 system.

often injured with several years under his belt. not the combination we need at lb. all this recent garbage about trading for vilma must be coming from jets fans.

we got conned with john abraham, let's not repeat. what i mean by conned is that we not only gave up a first rounder for ja, we also paid him a huge contract. we did so knowing that the jets did not want him anymore. and still, he has to be used judiciously in order to avoid a season-ending injury. we would have been better off with tamba hali or mangould.

i don't want to rehash history, but let's try to learn some lessons......please.

oft-injured? what the ###### are you talking about? this is the first year he has missed any games whatsoever. added to the fact that he is one of the best 4-3 mlbs, and only 25 (while making $1.1m).

haha are you serious? ja has been on the field the whole year and has been a downright beast. i dont know what you are talking about but he is the best player on that defense next to boley.

he was drafted in 04.yeah he has alot of years under his belt.he hasn't missed games up until now,yeah he's always injured.i take it u don't know what you're talking about.

nearly every sunday, there is a report that he is dinged. he has not lost playing time, but he has been hampered. and of course, he is now out for the season.

do you still want him?

or would you prefer to spend our first round pick on a productive ol? or maybe an impact rb? or even a franchise qb? man, you vilma kids have got to be kidding.

nearly every sunday, there is a report that he is dinged. he has not lost playing time, but he has been hampered. and of course, he is now out for the season.

do you still want him?

or would you prefer to spend our first round pick on a productive ol? or maybe an impact rb? or even a franchise qb? man, you vilma kids have got to be kidding.

we could still use our 1st rounder on an ol or rb, because we wouldn't trade our first for him. everyone who wants vilma wants to trade d hall for him.

haha are you serious? ja has been on the field the whole year and has been a downright beast. i dont know what you are talking about but he is the best player on that defense next to boley.

ja is a very good player. but, we spent a first round pick and we still had to throw a lot of money at him. do i have to remind you of what happened in his first season with us? are you confident that he will stay healthy for the rest of his contract?

we could have drafted mangould to anchor the ol. we could have drafted tamba hali or kiwanuka. both are playing at a high level and cost less than ja.

once again, ja is a good player......i won't dispute that. but you have to look what we could have had. more often than not, expensive free agents do not live up to expectations. why in the world would any serious falcon fan want to trade away a first round pick for vilma and still have to pay the guy a big contract.

you have to think about the whole picture, not just how a player looks on a fantasy stat sheet. vilma is an injury risk. let me ammend that......he was an injury waiting to happen. he is a tough guy and played through a lot of minor stuff, but you could tell that he was headed to the trainer's table. you could tell, if you were paying attention.

(jonathan vilma) often injured with several years under his belt. not the combination we need at lb. all this recent garbage about trading for vilma must be coming from jets fans.

he's played 5 years, dude, this is his first serious injury (out for the year btw)........the guy before injured was one of the top guys in the afc if not nfl at his position on a crappy defense throughout his short career! he was born in 1982 for christ's sake! jeez, check your stats before making a nonsense post about a player!

mangold doesn't even fit in our system... and john abraham's always had injury problems. he's a risk, but look how well he's playing this year. and the quote doesn't just signify your unknowing of abraham's value, it always make you look like an idiot for wanting tamba hali or mangold over abraham. you might want to start posting in a new username for people to start taking your posts seriously now.