is that a rumor or not??? the whole thing about players not being allowed to talk on the plane???

as much as i despise metrino for not playing norwood much i still don't believe even he would put such a rule in place for grown men. there is no way that is true. if it's true than this guy is totally outta control.

anyone have a link to provide in truth to that rumore???

i think there would be more talk about it on espn if that was true...........if it is true....i wouldn't blame dhall for snappin on him on the sideline since thats the only time they can get a word in.

still no link on this...hmmm. the only person that said this was a formerly disgruntled employee. nice source. wink.gif

petrino is probably a bit tight on what these players are used to but i am thinking that gravy embellished a good bit because he was sent packing even though he didn't want to be there and should have just left in the summer when obviously he made his decision.

this is my first time hearing of this...but um...they can't talk on the plane? and these are uhmmm..grown men? unsure.gif

no, from the looks and sound of things many of them are cry babies that don't seem to care about giving their best effort on the field.

they work for the coach, the coach doesn't work for the players. maybe once they start doing what they are paid to do, he'll start treating them like adults.

still no link on this...hmmm. the only person that said this was a formerly disgruntled employee. nice source. wink.gif

petrino is probably a bit tight on what these players are used to but i am thinking that gravy embellished a good bit because he was sent packing even though he didn't want to be there and should have just left in the summer when obviously he made his decision.

fyi, grady didn't say that, at least not on the air. the link to the entire interview is on 790's website. he didn't say it. some folks around here said he said it on the air. but he didn't say it.

word now is that ryan said it after the interview, and then all of a sudden shapiro is saying it, and supposedly durham and mort are now saying it.

the question is, is ryan stewart the source, and if not, who is? where did mort, durham and shapiro get their information?

no one seems to be able to trace this directly to anything except ryan stewart's comment. absent something more than that, i'm not buying it.

fyi, grady didn't say that, at least not on the air. the link to the entire interview is on 790's website. he didn't say it. some folks around here said he said it on the air. but he didn't say it.

word now is that ryan said it after the interview, and then all of a sudden shapiro is saying it, and supposedly durham and mort are now saying it.

the question is, is ryan stewart the source, and if not, who is? where did mort, durham and shapiro get their information?

no one seems to be able to trace this directly to anything except ryan stewart's comment. absent something more than that, i'm not buying it.

thanks for the clarification. i kept trying to get quotes from that but came up empty.

these guys are getting paid hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars a year... have all their medical expenses covered and can comfortably retire by the time they are 30.... and there's an outrage about them not being able to talk during meals? give me a break... rolleyes.gif

it is so blatantly obvious that these grown men have been coddled like toddlers.

a rule like this, if it's true, is just unnecessary and counter productive not to mention wildly out of touch with reality. i'm all for law and order; coaches coach and players play etc.etc. but i cannot believe that this is true.

agreed.

thankfully we aren't playing in london this weekend. can you imagine trying to keep denagelo hall silent for 9 hours?

i wish laugh.gif

that was very wierd. i hit the add reply button, it was chronically slow doing anything, and suddenly there are 8-10 posts some of which were missing part of what i'd sent! blink.gif

sadly the delete funcition wasn't quite so generous,and i had to delete them individually!!!

i highly doubt that it's true.

even if it is... why do people care? how long does it take to eat... like 10-15 minutes, maybe 20 at the most if you're having a real nice dinner?

i never talk on the plane anyways when i go on one, even if i go with friends or family... i don't see the big deal. don't they have a team jet with movies and everything fully equipped? what the **** are they going to talk about anyways?

"hey yeah... so we're on a plane..."

"yeah i know right... i play football, how about you?"

rolleyes.gif