so what made you decide to become a falcons fan?

obviously if your from atlanta its just rooting for your home team. being from chicago and a fan of all chicago sports, people ask me all the time on what made me decide to be a falcons fan. seems wierd on how i became a falcon fan, but here is how it happened.

all of my family are hardcore bears fans. i couldn't stand my family always talkin about bears this and bears that. i got tired of it. so i got a picture of all the nfl team logo's at that current time (1992). i closed my eyes and placed my finger on the picture and started moving it around. i said to myself while i was moving my finger "which ever team logo my finger lands on that will be my team for the rest of my life."

sure enough my finger first pointed to the bears rolleyes.gif .....ironically...hah

so i did it again and voila..............old school falcons logo.

seems like a wierd way to chose a favorite team. the only outcome of this is that i should be a bears fan...according to my family.....but me and my family have one thing in common........we both cheer for losing teams.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously if your from atlanta its just rooting for your home team. being from chicago and a fan of all chicago sports, people ask me all the time on what made me decide to be a falcons fan. seems wierd on how i became a falcon fan, but here is how it happened.

all of my family are hardcore bears fans. i couldn't stand my family always talkin about bears this and bears that. i got tired of it. so i got a picture of all the nfl team logo's at that current time (1992). i closed my eyes and placed my finger on the picture and started moving it around. i said to myself while i was moving my finger "which ever team logo my finger lands on that will be my team for the rest of my life."

sure enough my finger first pointed to the bears rolleyes.gif .....ironically...hah

so i did it again and voila..............old school falcons logo.

seems like a wierd way to chose a favorite team. the only outcome of this is that i should be a bears fan...according to my family.....but me and my family have one thing in common........we both cheer for losing teams.

two words: prime time

after neon deion left, i just became attached to the dirty birds.

cause the team has sucked. i am not the seasoned vet like some of the people on this message board. i have only been a fan for about 8-9 years, but i bleed red and black. i live in southern california, san diego to be exact. i started to like to like the team because we are and have always been the underdog. i am all about this team and i hope that coach petrino will turn this thing around

p.s. go ohio state

cause the team has sucked. i am not the seasoned vet like some of the people on this message board. i have only been a fan for about 8-9 years, but i bleed red and black. i live in southern california, san diego to be exact. i started to like to like the team because we are and have always been the underdog. i am all about this team and i hope that coach petrino will turn this thing around

p.s. go t-bags

fixed.......haha......november 10....you going down...........go u of i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more than growing up around atlanta. my dad took me to my first game when i was all of seven.....i think. i only remember that i wanted to be like andrews after that and my mom said no way to football. i got hooked on the falcons because my dad liked them so much. he is a bitter old fan these days, but he still gets season tickets....just in case lol.

bud adams threw a middle finger to all the oiler fans and moved the team - atlanta always seemed to pick up oiler players later in their career; mike rozier, drew hill, billy white shoes, jerry glanville just to name a few - so i started watching when bud adams said fu, then demorrio got drafted and we are great friends since elementary and that solidified it

bud adams threw a middle finger to all the oiler fans and moved the team - atlanta always seemed to pick up oiler players later in their career; mike rozier, drew hill, billy white shoes, jerry glanville just to name a few - so i started watching when bud adams said fu, then demorrio got drafted and we are great friends since elementary and that solidified it

demorrio williams??

well, i started to follow american football (college&nfl) on new years eve in 2006, because i just did bet on the broncos, even though i didn't know much about american football at that time, but won a lot of money, and was really excited about this sport, and my interest grew sky high.

then i remembered when i was a kid, the first cap i bought myself was a falcons cap, even though i didn't even really know what american football is, or the atlanta falcons. i just thought it looked cool.

and i was a big coca cola fan, and therefore really interested in atlanta as well. especially during the olympic games in atlanta, because coca cola is the biggest main sponsor for the olympic games and demanded the games to be in atlanta, even though the committee of the olympic games really wanted them to be in athens at that time.

i was born a falcon because they're my home team. my pop taught me early.....uga, falcons, braves, hawks. and he was dead serious about his teams. if you came to our house you better take off a cap from another team or pop would snatch it up. laugh.gif

by the time i was 7 in 1980, i can remember everything about my teams. all of them. my first football memory is running down the side of the hedges in sanford with pop.....following herschel walker to the endzone. good times.

my parents sold my soul to the devil before i was born, and my being a fan is satan's idea of a "joke"..... tongue.gif

in reality, i was born and raised in tennessee. back in the 70s, there wasn't a lot of professional sports to be had in tn, so i hooked myself onto all of the atlanta sports teams. had my heart broken in the 1980 playoffs, and have been putting myself through this crap every year since.

but at least your not giving up on them at all.....thats a sign of a true fan