are veterans more upset with petrino or blank?

i know that the headlines have been all about the player's disgust and dislike of petrino and his scheme. however, could many of the players be disgusted with blank due to his handling of ykw's situation. think about this. how did art modell handle the double murder case involving ray lewis? did modell turn his back on ray? how did georgia frontiere (sp?) handle the manslaughter case involving leonard little? did they turn their back on him? what about bud adams handling of pac-man and haynesworth? did he fold under media pressure and cut haynesworth and pac-man like many wanted? players on the falcon's team are not dumb jocks and should not be treated as such. many on this board just think that players to need to only play and keep their mouthes shut. i think the players are really mad at the way blank has turned his back on ykw. they are further ######ed at the way the team is going after his bonus money as well. believe me, there is more to come on this subject. just wait and see. this thing is about to get real heated. blank should just be patient and let things play out before making any further decisions on ykw. blank, stop trying to satisfy the national media and try satisfying the people that support the team. this is not home depot!!

there have certainly been rumors that hall and crump are carrying some resentment about that.

i thought when crump first started talking about the worst offense and not getting the ball more that it was a slap against joey more than petrino, but i think the attitude is irrational if they're blaming blank for vick not being here.

i don't know what they think blank could have done to change vick's situation.

this is a federal case, not some speeding ticket that a little money can make go away.

and we desperately need that money.

if blank could just pull some money out of his pocket and make up the difference, i'm sure he'd be glad to, but nfl rules won't allow that.

maybe he can pay it and pretend that vick gave it to them wink.gif

what else could they have done? keep 15% of the cap occupied by someone in the pokey?

also, if they are mad about that... then they kind of are dumb jocks. if they cared about winning in the near future, they wouldnt really freak out over this team trying to get salary cap relief.

when did cap space equal winning or super bowl rings? please let me know. teams are built through the draft not free agency. holes should be plugged through free agency until drafted players are ready. ask daniel synder.

there have certainly been rumors that hall and crump are carrying some resentment about that.

i thought when crump first started talking about the worst offense and not getting the ball more that it was a slap against joey more than petrino, but i think the attitude is irrational if they're blaming blank for vick not being here.

i don't know what they think blank could have done to change vick's situation.

this is a federal case, not some speeding ticket that a little money can make go away.

and we desperately need that money.

if blank could just pull some money out of his pocket and make up the difference, i'm sure he'd be glad to, but nfl rules won't allow that.

maybe he can pay it and pretend that vick gave it to them wink.gif

i don't the players think that blank could have done something to get vick out of trouble, but i think they feel like blank could have treated vick better. not saying the players are right or wrong in thinking that way, but i think that is how some of them feel.

i don't the players think that blank could have done something to get vick out of trouble, but i think they feel like blank could have treated vick better. not saying the players are right or wrong in thinking that way, but i think that is how some of them feel.

what could he have done better?

that's exactly what the original post was about.

when did cap space equal winning or super bowl rings? please let me know. teams are built through the draft not free agency. holes should be plugged through free agency until drafted players are ready. ask daniel synder.

it's called "resigning our own players". we need to re-up boley and hall. both playing like pro-bowl players.

his comments suggest that vick will never play for the falcons again. just stay silent and don't commit yourself to anything. also, leave the man's money alone.

i'm not trying to start anything here, i just don't know what you mean.

has blank made such a statement?

and if he did, you have to admit you'd feel betrayed if someone you had backed always and felt like he was a son turned around and shafted you.

and it would be mighty hard to trust them again.

even parents who have kids who they can't trust have a hard time with that.

but back to what blank did or did not do, i would appreciate it if you could give me some specifics about it.

if the players think that we should have put everything on hold for 2 years until vick gets out of the slammer and that we shouldn't be going after cap space that we desparately need, i'd have to question just how committed these players are to winning.

as for hall, he's starting to look more like a carbon copy of vick... a great athlete who is content to get by on sheer athletic ability, but not prepared to put in the hardwork necessary to become a trully great player.

if the players think that we should have put everything on hold for 2 years until vick gets out of the slammer and that we shouldn't be going after cap space that we desparately need, i'd have to question just how committed these players are to winning.

as for hall, he's starting to look more like a carbon copy of vick... a great athlete who is content to get by on sheer athletic ability, but not prepared to put in the hardwork necessary to become a trully great player.

very ignorant statement.

what could he have done better?

blank said after the plea that they (the organization) could not cut vick right now even though that would make "us"(organization and fans) happy and feel some gratification in doing so. it just would not be a good thing for the organization to do so right now. i can't remember the exact quote but the sentiment was basically how he wishes he could just cut vick right then and there but the consequences (probably cap wise) would be dire for the organization. again, not saying that he doesn't have the right to feel that way, but i am willing to bet that some of players take that a little harder than other.

i'm not trying to start anything here, i just don't know what you mean.

has blank made such a statement?

and if he did, you have to admit you'd feel betrayed if someone you had backed always and felt like he was a son turned around and shafted you.

and it would be mighty hard to trust them again.

even parents who have kids who they can't trust have a hard time with that.

but back to what blank did or did not do, i would appreciate it if you could give me some specifics about it.

maybe i'm wrong, but blank's actions (going after bonus money) says alot. actions speak louder than words. and for him to say he treated vick like a son is b.s. how many fathers would turn their back on a son who fought dogs? they would be understandably upset, but would they dis-own them.

blank said after the plea that they (the organization) could not cut vick right now even though that would make "us"(organization and fans) happy and feel some gratification in doing so. it just would not be a good thing for the organization to do so right now. i can't remember the exact quote but the sentiment was basically how he wishes he could just cut vick right then and there but the consequences (probably cap wise) would be dire for the organization. again, not saying that he doesn't have the right to feel that way, but i am willing to bet that some of players take that a little harder than other.

oh, ok.

i do remember his comment about the cap ramifications, but i didn't remember him saying that it would make him happy to cut him.

that might have been siad when he was so disgusted with what had happened.

i think he was probably feeling disappointed and betrayed at that point.

i'll bet he still cares about vick, now that he has had time to cool off.

but i get what you are saying now--that some players may feel that he bowed to pressure to cut all ties.

****, you are money!!!

what else could they have done? keep 15% of the cap occupied by someone in the pokey?

also, if they are mad about that... then they kind of are dumb jocks. if they cared about winning in the near future, they wouldnt really freak out over this team trying to get salary cap relief.

you close the door on him after he pleads guilty. not before. really, if blank had waited a month to give vick the cold shoulder it probably would have saved him a ton of points with the players. the players are more than likely angry that the organization didn't stand by their player until they couldn't anymore. blank decided to head for the hills pretty early on and that bothers his employees.

hard to give 100% for an owner you know won't give 100% for you.