what has petrino earned?

siconik

the question is very simple: what has petrino done in the past in the professional football that would be an indicator to either the fans or the players that he has any idea of what he is doing? please, give me one example. so far, his behavior as head coach on and off the field has been, bizarre and counterproductive. of course, if he has a history of success, it would have been possible for me (and others) to give him the benefit of a doubt. "what he is doing right now might seem very strange and unusual, but he has done this before and been successful"

of course, the problem is, he has no track record of success that one can point to in order to justify any of this crap. bobby petrino spend all of three years in the nfl. he was oc for one year. during his tenure, jaguars offense plummeted from a top-10 unit into the doldrums. for some strange reason, he ended up coaching in college for the next half a decade. weird, you'd expect all the nfl teams be all over him after that.

he accomplished nothing on the pro level. he has earned no respect from anyone. you can get away with being doctoral if you have a proven track record of success, and even then, playoff coaches like tomlin, proven commodities in this league, have to change their tune. because the goal here is not beating everyone down in submission so you can lord over them, the goal is to get the most out of your players to win the games.

so, with all that said, let's talk. don't go with your gut feeling or blind trust in an unproven coach. show me one thing from his past will demonstrate that he has any f-ing idea what he is doing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i always get a good laugh when people compare petrino to belichek because both seem to lack social skill or being a ######. like i said, that's like comparing an ugly btch to a super model btch. they both are really btchy, but one actually have the look to back up the btchy attitude while the other doesn't. wink.gif

doesn't matter what you think.

he's being paid alot of money to turn the team around.

a.blank has given him free reign to make this team

his own.

that's what he's doing.

your either going to be a falcon fan or a d-hall, a-crumpler, ect fan.

so, you can't bring up anything that would explain why any of his shtick will work in the pros. thanks for playing.

doesn't matter what you think.

he's being paid alot of money to turn the team around.

a.blank has given him free reign to make this team

his own.

that's what he's doing.

your either going to be a falcon fan or a d-hall, a-crumpler, ect fan.

sure it matters what he thinks... how many coaches have the falcons had... i've been a fan through every one! and wanting a coach who's doing the best for your team is not a sin... petrino hasn't proved anything.

those of you who think criticizing a coach or a player make you less of a fan need some common sense.

it was bad hire and it will play out as so... if it doesn't then i'll eat my words.

i asked a pretty fair question while giving all the petrino supporters an opportunity to defend him using some factual evidence. can't any of you give me an answer? why do you have faith in him? what has he done is the past to convince you it will all be ok in the end?

you can insult me all you want, but that doesn't make his track record any better.

the question is very simple: what has petrino done in the past in the professional football that would be an indicator to either the fans or the players that he has any idea of what he is doing? please, give me one example. so far, his behavior as head coach on and off the field has been, bizarre and counterproductive. of course, if he has a history of success, it would have been possible for me (and others) to give him the benefit of a doubt. "what he is doing right now might seem very strange and unusual, but he has done this before and been successful"

of course, the problem is, he has no track record of success that one can point to in order to justify any of this crap. bobby petrino spend all of three years in the nfl. he was oc for one year. during his tenure, jaguars offense plummeted from a top-10 unit into the doldrums. for some strange reason, he ended up coaching in college for the next half a decade. weird, you'd expect all the nfl teams be all over him after that.

he accomplished nothing on the pro level. he has earned no respect from anyone. you can get away with being doctoral if you have a proven track record of success, and even then, playoff coaches like tomlin, proven commodities in this league, have to change their tune. because the goal here is not beating everyone down in submission so you can lord over them, the goal is to get the most out of your players to win the games.

so, with all that said, let's talk. don't go with your gut feeling or blind trust in an unproven coach. show me one thing from his past will demonstrate that he has any f-ing idea what he is doing.

he's headcoach and your not.

huh.gif

remember it took tom landry six years to even post a wining season.

we fire coaches far to quickly these days.

do you really want to wait another six years for a winning season? even mora came in and took us to the nfccg even though it was a reeves team. we need results, and it doesn't help that apperantly the players aren't buying into what petrino is preaching.

posted this in another thread.

the reason why i like the guy is the fact that he hasn't just brought in his college guys. we have some players/coaches from louisville on the team, but they are more depth/assistants. his hires in jackson and zimmer were -very- impressive, especially for him coming straight from college. he's changing the mentality of this team from soft, to disciplined and prepared. we've been in every game this year, outside of mnf, even with all the injuries/player turnover. we look at what joey harrington has done here, albeit not much in terms of wins, he was always known for making those dumb turnovers. this year, i haven't seen many of them. i'd love to see this offense with a good offensive line (which i have no doubt in my mind will be built), and a better qb. i will admit that petrino has made quite a few bonehead moves, but we are seeing less and less of those as the season progresses. we aren't getting the results we want, but this team is moving forward.

lol, the fact that not a single person so far has been able to come up with anything even remotely resembling a logical support of petrion's qualifications as a hc of nfl team sure says something....

it's the same logic used for paying vick 130 million or arod 360 million - if someone says you're worth it or qualified and they give you the money or title - guess what

posted this in another thread.

the reason why i like the guy is the fact that he hasn't just brought in his college guys. we have some players/coaches from louisville on the team, but they are more depth/assistants. his hires in jackson and zimmer were -very- impressive, especially for him coming straight from college. he's changing the mentality of this team from soft, to disciplined and prepared. we've been in every game this year, outside of mnf, even with all the injuries/player turnover. we look at what joey harrington has done here, albeit not much in terms of wins, he was always known for making those dumb turnovers. this year, i haven't seen many of them. i'd love to see this offense with a good offensive line (which i have no doubt in my mind will be built), and a better qb. i will admit that petrino has made quite a few bonehead moves, but we are seeing less and less of those as the season progresses. we aren't getting the results we want, but this team is moving forward.

so you have faith in him based on the staff he assembled. i don't fully agree that that alone is a harbinger of success if hc himself is off treck, but i respect your thought-out opinion.

so you have faith in him based on the staff he assembled. i don't fully agree that that alone is a harbinger of success if hc himself is off treck, but i respect your thought-out opinion.

oh, i don't think it means he will be successful either, but that's one of the reason he gives me hope as hc. he's made very solid hires and decisions given the hand he was dealt.