whether some of you like it or not

Vicious

he is starting to trim the fat, no pun intended. he is trying his hardest to assemble a team out of what's left from coach giggles and crap and working around what mess blank and mckay have created by bringing in over the hill free agents who are over paid for what they do. dunn should only be sniffing the field when norwood gets tired. brooking has lost a step and if you watch him he seems to look for reasons not to plug up a hole and for the runner outside where boley or williams can make a play. milloy is getting punked on pump fakes. hall can't keep his mouth shut. alge can't keep himself healthy. the perfect qb for this system fights dogs, and his replacement can't throw the ball past 10yrds effectively. his o-line was starved the last few years and couldn't pass block to save their lives. what would you do if you were put in that situation? i think he's done a pretty good job so far. this team is gonna be very competitive when he gets his players in here so back off and give the man a chance. look what he has to work with, a bunch of drama queens who are undisciplined and soft from having a soft ex-coach and owner who gives them too much say so. hopefully blank learned not to be so soft and free spending from the mike v experience. it's time some of those vets hit the road or start respecting their coach and executing the schemes instead of trying to inflate personal stats.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is starting to trim the fat, no pun intended. he is trying his hardest to assemble a team out of what's left from coach giggles and crap and working around what mess blank and mckay have created by bringing in over the hill free agents who are over paid for what they do. dunn should only be sniffing the field when norwood gets tired. brooking has lost a step and if you watch him he seems to look for reasons not to plug up a hole and for the runner outside where boley or williams can make a play. milloy is getting punked on pump fakes. hall can't keep his mouth shut. alge can't keep himself healthy. the perfect qb for this system fights dogs, and his replacement can't throw the ball past 10yrds effectively. his o-line was starved the last few years and couldn't pass block to save their lives. what would you do if you were put in that situation? i think he's done a pretty good job so far. this team is gonna be very competitive when he gets his players in here so back off and give the man a chance. look what he has to work with, a bunch of drama queens who are undisciplined and soft from having a soft ex-coach and owner who gives them too much say so. hopefully blank learned not to be so soft and free spending from the mike v experience. it's time some of those vets hit the road or start respecting their coach and executing the schemes instead of trying to inflate personal stats.

bring it baby!!! me likes!

i have no problem with what he did.....when was the last time you saw the patriots players complaining and moaning? it's breeding professionalism and a work ethic that is dedicated to a philosophy of "you're either with us or against us". personally, i like the approach...if a player is a problem, get rid of 'em. if they don't want to be here, great...leave, no matter how good a player is, there is always someone better and they are one play or one season away from being left behind.

case in point:

larry johnson

shaun alexander

i like petrino's approach...he wants professional men, not meangelo babies.

i think i just nutted on myself!!!

it's ridiculous how impatient some people are. the only reason mora did so well his first year is because he had a team that was built up by reeves with quality players. then he starts to get rid of those players and brought in some of his guys and you see what the result of that was. now bp has to get rid of those overpaid drama queens and bring in quality serviceable guys who will buy into the scheme and execute it starting with that sorry excuse for an o-line and a scat back trying to play a power back.

well said, now if the fans can be professional (highly doubtful) and go thru this painful process then we might have something we've never had before....

a team of winners!!!!

i'm not all excited yet, a mutiny may be at hand and a few souls will have to walk the gangplank. maybe when the rest of the players "buy in" and execute the system, we might start winning.

i don't know, petrino doesn't look that crafty on nfl offense yet.

it's ridiculous how impatient some people are. the only reason mora did so well his first year is because he had a team that was built up by reeves with quality players. then he starts to get rid of those players and brought in some of his guys and you see what the result of that was. now bp has to get rid of those overpaid drama queens and bring in quality serviceable guys who will buy into the scheme and execute it starting with that sorry excuse for an o-line and a scat back trying to play a power back.

yep. we are paying for our past "sins" here. bringing in the alex gibbs system and mr. smelling salts. what a disaster. someone said it before, burn this team to the ground so the pheonix can rise from the ashes.

bobby p is rightnig the ship? i guess thats why we have 1 win instead of the 5 or 6 we had a this time last year. ######ing brilliant! laugh.gif

blank needs to harden up and quit catering to the players every demand and start caring more about winning. deangelo needs to be disciplined for his comments especially the one's about him being only in it for the money and questioning his coaches. everybody hear would be fired if we called our boss out to the press and talked about making more money somewhere else. that was as big a slap in the face of blank as what mora said about taking the uw job right then and there if it was open in the middle of the season. there needs to be a huge attitude change around the branch and it may come at the expense of a few jobs. good!

nice post, i agree.

bobby p is rightnig the ship? i guess thats why we have 1 win instead of the 5 or 6 we had a this time last year. ######ing brilliant! laugh.gif

and how did the record look at the end of the season? i'll tell you 7-9. that was great huh? instant success is an aberration. look at the saints. some coaches look good with another coaches players but when they get their own you start to see what they are made of. mora looked good because he had reeves players his first year and a qb who was freakishly gifted and covered up some deficiencies. now he's gone and everyone is now seeing what they are. it's going to take some time and effort to make this a competitve team. this isn't an over the night thing.

i agree take a look at the the young first year coach in pittsburgh. he didn't try to right the ship he just took over the job steering it.

you are comparing apples to oranges. that team is already built with quality players by a quality coach. this team was until mora took over and destroyed what reeves put in place. you are either blind or you haven't watched any of the games for the last few years, but this team has been on the decline and needs a facelift.

ok he was following bill not much to fix there he still has his key players it would be stupid to right that ship duh

pittsburgh was a horrible team last year! the coach came in and through leadership and hardwork got them back on track. petrino hasn't shown the ability to do anything except lose. anyone on this messageboard could take the falcons to a 1-6 record lol sad but true. **** arthur blank could've coached them to a 1-6 record. i dont see anything that warrents the amount of $$ we're paying him. the same way players get called out for a blown play or missed assignment on this board petrino is getting called out for his lack of leadership and gameplanning. please remember that hes calling the offensive plays so theres no excuses! the defense has held its own and the offense is struggling with our best weapon sitting on the bench everyweek watching the game along with the rest of the fans! fire petrino now!

i agree take a look at the the young first year coach in pittsburgh. he didn't try to right the ship he just took over the job steering it.

come on...you're smarter than that! he's doing exactly what mora was called in to do...take a team with playoff potential, and hopefully steer them to some success. we had some potential when mike was playing qb because he helped to disquise our ol faults. the running game success and top helped keep the defense off the field... thus hiding other faults in the secondary. bp would be steering this ship in much the same way as in pittsburg...if mv were playing. but he's not guys. without him, it's time for some constructive change. and i am all for someone who has the guts to to rebuild a program that we can be proud of (not just fans) but truely proud of, for a long time. there's no reason we can't have the same success being enjoyed by the elite clubs, but we are going to have to make some big changes first.

go get'em bobby!

pittsburgh was a horrible team last year! the coach came in and through leadership and hardwork got them back on track. petrino hasn't shown the ability to do anything except lose. anyone on this messageboard could take the falcons to a 1-6 record lol sad but true. **** arthur blank could've coached them to a 1-6 record. i dont see anything that warrents the amount of $$ we're paying him. the same way players get called out for a blown play or missed assignment on this board petrino is getting called out for his lack of leadership and gameplanning. please remember that hes calling the offensive plays so theres no excuses! the defense has held its own and the offense is struggling with our best weapon sitting on the bench everyweek watching the game along with the rest of the fans! fire petrino now!

but pitts still had a base and bobby p lost his base to the dogs and the other thing was he was taking over a team built on schemes not real smash mouth football that is still bills team in pitts

i agree, if jackson wasn't doing his job of taking on 2 blockers then i'm glad he's gone.

which is what we first heard, and indeed if true, then he needs to be gone. from what i read in bp's statement about it being a football decision, that too makes sense. coleman returns, lewis is playing well, you don't need all 3, so who's expendable? just too bad the trade deadline passed.

tell ne again. how well did we do the last half of last year? wink.gif

not well at all, and a major contributor to our second half record the last two season was injuries, particularly to our defense. the vast majority of winning teams in the nfl have good defenses, our team has been too beaten up the last two seasons.

taking a look at this season, the only significant injury on our d has been coleman, but even then our d has played decent, well enough to win. its our offense that is dragging us down. obviously.