giving petrino a break?

Fat Matt

some of you say we need to give the year to petrino because he walked into the worst coaching job ever. how is that? our "overrated qb" isn't playing for us anymore. i thought he was the reason we were losing. now that the real problems are so appearant people want to give petrino a break. why? why is there such a double standard. people were calling for vick's head long before the dog problems arose. now that he's gone you people see what we have had for years, a crappy team. petrino should go. not because we are 1-6, which i'm sure is good enough for some, it's because he has given up on the team. he threw in the towel in new orleans and now grady gets cut. his scheme looks good when the o-line holds up but this team is still inconsistant. i just don't understand people coming to his defense, much like people coming to brooking's defense. maybe petrino is the guy but i'm still mad as **** that he gave up in new orleans, he really did people, he did.

some of you say we need to give the year to petrino because he walked into the worst coaching job ever. how is that? our "overrated qb" isn't playing for us anymore. i thought he was the reason we were losing. now that the real problems are so appearant people want to give petrino a break. why? why is there such a double standard. people were calling for vick's head long before the dog problems arose. now that he's gone you people see what we have had for years, a crappy team. petrino should go. not because we are 1-6, which i'm sure is good enough for some, it's because he has given up on the team. he threw in the towel in new orleans and now grady gets cut. his scheme looks good when the o-line holds up but this team is still inconsistant. i just don't understand people coming to his defense, much like people coming to brooking's defense. maybe petrino is the guy but i'm still mad as **** that he gave up in new orleans, he really did people, he did.

how illogical blink.gif

replaceing an overrated qb with a just plain bad one doesn't really solve anything. neither does not having a pro bowl te, starting a third string lt, starting a guard at rt, etc. in reality though, it doesn't matter whether you give him a break or not. he's not leaving anytime soon unless he chooses to.

so your mad cause he gave up on the season, that makes u a hypocrite. the season isnt half over and u gave up on him

it doesn't make me a hypocrite. why should i respect someone or be behind someone who gives up on this team. sorry, not sure i know how to support someone like that.

it doesn't make me a hypocrite. why should i respect someone or be behind someone who gives up on this team. sorry, not sure i know how to support someone like that.

i dont think hes given up on this team, maybe this season. hes looking at the long term picture, like i read somewhere hes clearing cap space to make big moves in the offseason.

like it or not, petrino is a long term project, and he's going to build this team from the bottom and up like he wants to. he took over a crappy, and spoiled team who has been coddled the past 3 years, and if players don't like his attitude, they can beat it. i'm pretty sure the patriots weren't too good the first year belicheat took over.

like it or not, petrino is a long term project, and he's going to build this team from the bottom and up like he wants to. he took over a crappy, and spoiled team who has been coddled the past 3 years, and if players don't like his attitude, they can beat it. i'm pretty sure the patriots weren't too good the first year belicheat took over.

bump and im glad to posibaly have a coach that will build us a great team. and i hope coach is here for many years

you're clearly a baffoon. try thinking more and typing less.

oh yeah, he "threw in the towel" because he sent out the punting unit on 4th and 13. gimmie a break.

i didn't like that play either. but thats why i'm not a coach. even so, i can't grade bobby p. on one play. let me see what direction he's going after three years.

laugh.gif @ belicheat. seriously though, you're right. we need an attitude check or there are even tougher times ahead.