have you ever seen a team in this much dissaray?

whether you like petrino, hall, grady, crump, joey or byron, this is getting way out of hand.

we currently have 2 great veterans speaking up against the coach, almost on a weekly basis! a huge problem is that the coach can't even squash this. he refuses to deliberate on releasing grady, even to his own players, which would guarantee a loss of respect in my corner. hall has his right to be upset, i believe that he has crossed the line a little, but someone does need to speak up about this. crumpler is upset, obviosly that he isn't getting the ball and we aren't winning.

first off, bp needs to clarify the qbs. he never should of pulled joey in that 4th quarter. he was struggling, but it was a close game and the backup is only marginally better, but he never had time to get the playbook. now he is in the prediciment of if harrington does well while lefty is hurt, and pulls harrington, he will lose any left respect from him. on the converse, if harrington stays in (which he won't) then leftwich as well as many fans, will throw a s***fit for every pick, lost game, and missed passes.

norwood and dunn. everyone knows the situation, and petrino has said week in and week out that norwood needs more touches. while there has been an increase, it's been way below whats needed.

whoever is in charge of draft picks should be sent far far away (except for the 3rd round). nothing against mort, i really love him, as i'm sure so did lincoln, elvis and all his other old friends, he is not the solution for our kicking. in the 4th round there was crosby, folk and medlock instead we got milner. 6th round same story, we decide to skip over crosby.

i love laurent robinson, but we already have a slew of wide recievers. who here did not want to take michael bush?

when are we going to address our ol/dl??? gandy was a problem before he got injured, weiner can't stay healthy, thank god we got blaylock even though he hasn't done to terrificly well. we knew that grady wasn't a long term fix before the cut. we need players that will help our skilled positions instead of more semi-skilled players.

week 1

dunn stats: 22 carries, 55 yards, 2.5 ypc 4 rec. 26 yards

nowood stats: 5 carries, 33 yards, 6.5 ypc 2 rec. 22 yards.

week 2

dunn stats: 13 carries 50 yards 1 td, 3.8 ypc 1 rec 4 yards.

norwood stats: 9 carries, 30 yards, 3.3 ypc 1 rec. 13 yards

week 3

dunn: 11 carries 55 yards 5 ypc, 4 rec, 13 yards

norwood: 6 carries, 32 yards 5.3 ypc, 3 rec, 34 yards

week 4

dunn: 18 carries, 62 yards, 3.4 ypc 4 rec. 9 yards.

norwood: 9 carries, 29 yards 3.2 ypc 2 rec. 16 yards.

week 5

dunn: 10 for 27, 2.7 ypc. 2 rec, 12 yards

norwood: 6 for 23, 3.8 ypc. 2 rec. 4 yards

week 6

dunn 8 for 15, 1.9 ypc, 2 rec. 13 yards

norwood: 6 for 87 td, 14.1 ypc, 4 rec, 51 yards

week 7

dunn 13 for 28 2.15 ypc, 1 rec, 1 yd

norwood 6 for 38 6.3 ypc

ytd totals

dunn 95 for 292. 3.1ypc!!! 18 for 78 4.3 per catch 1 total td

norwood 47 for 272 5.1 ypc 17 for 143 8.1 per catch, 1 td

long story short, hall please shut it, we need you like a fat boy needs cake. crumpler, i feel for ya, but also quiet up. petrino, get the **** out of town if your gonna cut grady for no reason, not start norwood, juggle the qbs to "get a spark". mckay/blank, get out of the draft room!!!

i've been a falcons fan for life, and an atlanta hawks fan and an atlanta braves fan. i've seen disarray a lot on a lot of teams i've supported... this is one of the uglier ones, but it's nothing new.

as for the stats and analysis of the moves made and not made, anything after the 3rd round of the draft is hit and miss. we've hit on a few and missed on a few. the part i don't like is the misses we've had in the first 3 rounds. white is finally becoming a pretty decent receiver. mv7, while packing the dome and selling a lot of seats, still wasn't a phenominal passer. when the protection was there, he did his thing. holes weren't filled on our line though, and it hurt. the first 2 picks this past draft were our best by far in the last several years, with jam and blaylock being taken. they'll develop into very nice players, and they've already shown flashes of brilliance. houston can be good, but we also took jimmy williams and we've seen what he's done so far. our draft picks have been a little more than questionable at times, and they need to be reevaluated definitely.

i still wished we'd get over the whole atlanta sports thing of acquiring players coming off of injuries and giving them lucrative contracts. hartwell, abe (he's becoming a better pickup now that he's healing up), etc. why not take someone not coming off of an injury for a change? all atlanta teams do it, the braves and falcons being the worst two about it.

as for norwood versus dunn... i really don't see either of those being the future of the franchise under the current scheme. i am more than a little puzzled at how our production in the run game has declined so drastically this season with virtually the same personel. it's a little strange to me... while i hated zone blocking, it did work well in run schemes. but, dunn is on the downturn of his career, and while norwood has a lot of potential and can be a great back, he's not the style of back that fits our offense.

michael bush... well he is a petrino guy, but i'm kinda glad we didn't take him because of the whole atlanta sports affinity for players returning from an injury. he could be an all-pro back, but i've seen the injury comebacks fail so much in atlanta, i'm kind of glad we didn't take the risk.

we need a lot of pieces, and under the current administration, i don't know if we can fill the holes we have or not. oftentimes i find us taking the bpa in the draft when we need to fill needs. and i understand mid to late rounders aren't typically taken to fill voids immediately, but i'd at least like to see us take a chance based on our needs and not based on the bpa theory.

pertino... the jury is still out. can he make his style work in the nfl? i think so, but the personel has to fit the scheme and players have to trust him and he return that trust to the players. i'm kind of glad arthur is taking a back seat in all of the recent disarray. he's tried to be a little too close for my comfort at times, and coddle players. at least he's letting the coach handle this one as he sees fit (at least to the observer's eye from the outside). i don't know whether petrino will work out or not. i'd like him to have the chance and to have it with the players respecting and trusting him to do what he sees fit to see if he's what works in the a. if he doesn't work, can we go after bill cowher? he commands respect and he's a proven coach in the nfl. he's also no nonsense, and players know what to expect, and i'm sure they would respect him and he return the respect mutually.

alge, well, he's not being utilized as he should in this guy's opinion. he is a vet and a leader on this team. petrino needs to get him in his corner, by any means necessary. he could do wonders for petrino's image among the players, and could persuade the players to trust petrino more than the small bit they do now. whether that means justifying himself to alge or whatever he needs to do, it must be done.

me hall... meh... get rid of him and get value for him while we can. we can see where this is headed, and this guy won't resign in atlanta imo. we might as well get value for him while we can. whether it means trading for talent or draft picks, something needs to be done to get some value for him while we still can. i'd love to think we could get miami to make a move a la' the herschel walker trade and us obtain ronnie brown. unrealistic, but a guy can dream right? and while he's on the ir(and i hate the player returning from injury moves) this might be our best chance to do it. he'd sell lots of tickets being a local product, and he has gobs of talent that we could use. won't happen though... maybe try to go after a marion barber or julius jones or someone on another team with a mid-late rounder being thrown in as additional compensation... well, i'd go for that, assuming we could get the right talent in the deal. hall won't resign though, i'm almost positive of it. while he has the talent to be great, his mouth gets him into trouble. what happened to players letting their play do their talking? i just don't like the guy's attitude, and him being coddled by mora first didn't help with his attitude. he's bringing more negativity to a team that doesn't need any more.

i'm just trying to be realistic about the whole situation. and while the team is really bad right now, we could right the ship next season and maybe even improve drastically upon this season with a few good moves. can we do that, i don't know. i don't know if our gm and staff right now would be capable of it. but wishful thinking is what i can have.

whether you like petrino, hall, grady, crump, joey or byron, this is getting way out of hand.

we currently have 2 great veterans speaking up against the coach, almost on a weekly basis! a huge problem is that the coach can't even squash this. he refuses to deliberate on releasing grady, even to his own players, which would guarantee a loss of respect in my corner. hall has his right to be upset, i believe that he has crossed the line a little, but someone does need to speak up about this. crumpler is upset, obviosly that he isn't getting the ball and we aren't winning.

first off, bp needs to clarify the qbs. he never should of pulled joey in that 4th quarter. he was struggling, but it was a close game and the backup is only marginally better, but he never had time to get the playbook. now he is in the prediciment of if harrington does well while lefty is hurt, and pulls harrington, he will lose any left respect from him. on the converse, if harrington stays in (which he won't) then leftwich as well as many fans, will throw a s***fit for every pick, lost game, and missed passes.

norwood and dunn. everyone knows the situation, and petrino has said week in and week out that norwood needs more touches. while there has been an increase, it's been way below whats needed.

whoever is in charge of draft picks should be sent far far away (except for the 3rd round). nothing against mort, i really love him, as i'm sure so did lincoln, elvis and all his other old friends, he is not the solution for our kicking. in the 4th round there was crosby, folk and medlock instead we got milner. 6th round same story, we decide to skip over crosby.

i love laurent robinson, but we already have a slew of wide recievers. who here did not want to take michael bush?

when are we going to address our ol/dl??? gandy was a problem before he got injured, weiner can't stay healthy, thank god we got blaylock even though he hasn't done to terrificly well. we knew that grady wasn't a long term fix before the cut. we need players that will help our skilled positions instead of more semi-skilled players.

week 1

week 2

week 3

week 4

week 5

week 6

week 7

norwood 6 for 38 6.3 ypc

ytd totals

long story short, hall please shut it, we need you like a fat boy needs cake. crumpler, i feel for ya, but also quiet up. petrino, get the **** out of town if your gonna cut grady for no reason, not start norwood, juggle the qbs to "get a spark". mckay/blank, get out of the draft room!!!

so when your at work and they fire a co worker you think its ok to grab a mic and say to the whole company that your boss is a worthless pos, and not say it to his face? if you did that at your place of work would u have a job at the end of the day?

so when your at work and they fire a co worker you think its ok to grab a mic and say to the whole company that your boss is a worthless pos, and not say it to his face? if you did that at your place of work would u have a job at the end of the day?

first off, if you fire someone that is near the best in the company, is due to retire soon, and does his heart out and gets fired, then there is something fishy. second, if that same boss refuses to put the better person on the job resulting in lost money, there is another blemish. if that same boss takes someone out of a huge presentation, to put in someone a little better, that just joined your company and shouldn't be relied on, then that is once again the bosses fault. if he cannot pick the best way to make money, then he is not fit for the bill.

then as a worker, and a damned good one at it. i would jump ship immediately and find a better suiter. however due to contracts, hall as everyone else is not allowed to do that. the sport that these athletes live in is a direct competition. doing good, great, and being the best are completely different things. it is not enough to be good. you have to one up the competition every match.

i've been a falcons fan for life, and an atlanta hawks fan and an atlanta braves fan. i've seen disarray a lot on a lot of teams i've supported... this is one of the uglier ones, but it's nothing new.

as for the stats and analysis of the moves made and not made, anything after the 3rd round of the draft is hit and miss. we've hit on a few and missed on a few. the part i don't like is the misses we've had in the first 3 rounds. white is finally becoming a pretty decent receiver. mv7, while packing the dome and selling a lot of seats, still wasn't a phenominal passer. when the protection was there, he did his thing. holes weren't filled on our line though, and it hurt. the first 2 picks this past draft were our best by far in the last several years, with jam and blaylock being taken. they'll develop into very nice players, and they've already shown flashes of brilliance. houston can be good, but we also took jimmy williams and we've seen what he's done so far. our draft picks have been a little more than questionable at times, and they need to be reevaluated definitely.

i still wished we'd get over the whole atlanta sports thing of acquiring players coming off of injuries and giving them lucrative contracts. hartwell, abe (he's becoming a better pickup now that he's healing up), etc. why not take someone not coming off of an injury for a change? all atlanta teams do it, the braves and falcons being the worst two about it.

as for norwood versus dunn... i really don't see either of those being the future of the franchise under the current scheme. i am more than a little puzzled at how our production in the run game has declined so drastically this season with virtually the same personel. it's a little strange to me... while i hated zone blocking, it did work well in run schemes. but, dunn is on the downturn of his career, and while norwood has a lot of potential and can be a great back, he's not the style of back that fits our offense.

michael bush... well he is a petrino guy, but i'm kinda glad we didn't take him because of the whole atlanta sports affinity for players returning from an injury. he could be an all-pro back, but i've seen the injury comebacks fail so much in atlanta, i'm kind of glad we didn't take the risk.

we need a lot of pieces, and under the current administration, i don't know if we can fill the holes we have or not. oftentimes i find us taking the bpa in the draft when we need to fill needs. and i understand mid to late rounders aren't typically taken to fill voids immediately, but i'd at least like to see us take a chance based on our needs and not based on the bpa theory.

pertino... the jury is still out. can he make his style work in the nfl? i think so, but the personel has to fit the scheme and players have to trust him and he return that trust to the players. i'm kind of glad arthur is taking a back seat in all of the recent disarray. he's tried to be a little too close for my comfort at times, and coddle players. at least he's letting the coach handle this one as he sees fit (at least to the observer's eye from the outside). i don't know whether petrino will work out or not. i'd like him to have the chance and to have it with the players respecting and trusting him to do what he sees fit to see if he's what works in the a. if he doesn't work, can we go after bill cowher? he commands respect and he's a proven coach in the nfl. he's also no nonsense, and players know what to expect, and i'm sure they would respect him and he return the respect mutually.

alge, well, he's not being utilized as he should in this guy's opinion. he is a vet and a leader on this team. petrino needs to get him in his corner, by any means necessary. he could do wonders for petrino's image among the players, and could persuade the players to trust petrino more than the small bit they do now. whether that means justifying himself to alge or whatever he needs to do, it must be done.

me hall... meh... get rid of him and get value for him while we can. we can see where this is headed, and this guy won't resign in atlanta imo. we might as well get value for him while we can. whether it means trading for talent or draft picks, something needs to be done to get some value for him while we still can. i'd love to think we could get miami to make a move a la' the herschel walker trade and us obtain ronnie brown. unrealistic, but a guy can dream right? and while he's on the ir(and i hate the player returning from injury moves) this might be our best chance to do it. he'd sell lots of tickets being a local product, and he has gobs of talent that we could use. won't happen though... maybe try to go after a marion barber or julius jones or someone on another team with a mid-late rounder being thrown in as additional compensation... well, i'd go for that, assuming we could get the right talent in the deal. hall won't resign though, i'm almost positive of it. while he has the talent to be great, his mouth gets him into trouble. what happened to players letting their play do their talking? i just don't like the guy's attitude, and him being coddled by mora first didn't help with his attitude. he's bringing more negativity to a team that doesn't need any more.

i'm just trying to be realistic about the whole situation. and while the team is really bad right now, we could right the ship next season and maybe even improve drastically upon this season with a few good moves. can we do that, i don't know. i don't know if our gm and staff right now would be capable of it. but wishful thinking is what i can have.

good post, thanks for the opinion. i know that hindsight is 20/20, especially in the later rounds. i think that frustration of multiple failures, in all rounds should be accounted for. lets see what we've gone through this year.

mike was obviously one of the larger things to happen in sports history, threw off petrino and the whole organization for that matter. i think petrino could be a great coach to come, but he needs a good team to fit the bill (who doesn't) what i don't think is that he is as good at turning this ship around.

hall, hall, what to do with him. i see why people don't like him, but i can't blame him for this. it seems he's worn out his welcome to some people and this is what the fans jump on. if it wasn't for one bone-headed drive, i would be willing to bet alot of people would support him more. maybe he'll grow up, hopefully, we need him more that people think.

week 1

week 2

week 3

week 4

week 5

week 6

week 7

norwood 6 for 38 6.3 ypc

ytd totals

hhmmm. i agree with some of it. and that which i don't agree with .... i can respect your opinion.

first off, if you fire someone that is near the best in the company, is due to retire soon, and does his heart out and gets fired, then there is something fishy. second, if that same boss refuses to put the better person on the job resulting in lost money, there is another blemish. if that same boss takes someone out of a huge presentation, to put in someone a little better, that just joined your company and shouldn't be relied on, then that is once again the bosses fault. if he cannot pick the best way to make money, then he is not fit for the bill.

then as a worker, and a damned good one at it. i would jump ship immediately and find a better suiter. however due to contracts, hall as everyone else is not allowed to do that. the sport that these athletes live in is a direct competition. doing good, great, and being the best are completely different things. it is not enough to be good. you have to one up the competition every match.

i'm glad i'm retired. seems to be getting a little rough out there.

i'll see your dysfunctional locker room, and raise you a hurricane and no home games ....

wink.gif

you win by far... (didn't you guys have a season where on players slept with another player's wife? didn't it involve willie roaf?)

i will say that as a falcons fans, this reminds me a little of the june jones' last season. there was a seen on tv where jeff george and june jones kinda went at it. this is petrino's first year though. some of his rules are juvenile like no talking during pre-game meals. we were allowed to talk during high school pregame meals so it doesn't really make much sense to me.

everybody is in the wrong on this one. petrino, the players, etc.

good post, thanks for the opinion. i know that hindsight is 20/20, especially in the later rounds. i think that frustration of multiple failures, in all rounds should be accounted for. lets see what we've gone through this year.

mike was obviously one of the larger things to happen in sports history, threw off petrino and the whole organization for that matter. i think petrino could be a great coach to come, but he needs a good team to fit the bill (who doesn't) what i don't think is that he is as good at turning this ship around.

hall, hall, what to do with him. i see why people don't like him, but i can't blame him for this. it seems he's worn out his welcome to some people and this is what the fans jump on. if it wasn't for one bone-headed drive, i would be willing to bet alot of people would support him more. maybe he'll grow up, hopefully, we need him more that people think.

i don't mind hall as a player. his skills are there, and he does make some plays (misses quite a few always going for the pick too). i think with a little work he could be the best corner in the league, because he has the skill set to be able to. what i don't like about him is he can't keep his big mouth and his ego in check. he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut lots of times. i don't like players that have to talk themselves up because their numbers aren't what everyone expects. that's why i think a lot of people are sitting around holding his jock, because they buy into his hype. yeah, he's a good, average corner in this league. he's not deon, and never will be, as he tries to convince us. he's too selfish to be great right now.