the stupidity of wanting reeves back as head coach

halsey

totally clueless fan: "we need to hire reves back! he was a great coach! petrino sucks! mad.gif"

reasonable fan: "maybe you missed 2003. it was an embarrassment. dry.gif "

totally clueless fan: "that's because vick was hurt! reeves didn't have vick! it wasn't his fault! mad.gif "

reasonable fan: "um....petrino doesn't have vick either... wink.gif "

totally clueless fan:"...ummmm...petrino sucks! mad.gif"

reasonable fan: rolleyes.gif

totally clueless fan: "we need to hire reves back! he was a great coach! petrino sucks! mad.gif"

totally clueless fan: "that's because vick was hurt! reeves didn't have vick! it wasn't his fault! mad.gif "

genius fans at least reeves knew what he was doing, and proved he could win in this league.

genius fans at least reeves knew what he was doing, and proved he could win in this league.

another crazy statement. yeah, i liked reeves, thought he should have one more year, but c'mon.

reeves never won the super bowl and coached in what four. he also lost the best qb in history in john elway and had a predictable offense. when he was here, 1/2 the fans wanted him gone in 2002-2003. we had two winning seasons with him, not great.

i would take my chances with petrino for at least the amount of time mora had to destroy our team.

i keep saying it, petrino walked into the worst coaching situation probably in nfl history! i hate saying wait untill next year but that's what will will have to do.........

i never said anything about firing petrino, that would be as stupid as hiring mora.

reeves also took teams to the superbowl against some of the greatest nfl teams in history. it doesnt make him any less of a coach, it's just what he faced. at least he got there. repeatedly.

that's fine, you guys were on the fire reeves side. that's cool. you got what you wanted a long time ago smile.gif

granted, petrino walked into a bad situation

let's not let that fact get in the way of understanding that he's only made it worse

by starting harrington, benching harrington, starting leftwich, then starting harrington, then starting leftwich until he got hurt, then starting harrington again

and by cutting grady jackson when a simple benching would have been more appropriate and less stupid

you're entitled to lose games with a bad team

you're not entitled to lose the team

i keep saying it, petrino walked into the worst coaching situation probably in nfl history! i hate saying wait untill next year but that's what will will have to do.........

granted, petrino walked into a bad situation

let's not let that fact get in the way of understanding that he's only made it worse

by starting harrington, benching harrington, starting leftwich, then starting harrington, then starting leftwich until he got hurt, then starting harrington again

and by cutting grady jackson when a simple benching would have been more appropriate and less stupid

you're entitled to lose games with a bad team

you're not entitled to lose the team

how was petrino wrong for starting harrington and then swtiching to leftwich? leftwich wasn't with the team in august when they found out vick was suspended. who else was he supposed to start? redman? please. leftwich looked good once he got to play. it's not petrino's fault he was hurt.

now that's a truly hopeless situation.

the last time dook was good was when spurrier was coach there. hey, let's get spurrier to coach the falcons! if he can win at dook he can win anywhere! oops.

that's why i don't let people rag on spurrier too much - he won a conference championship at duke blink.gif <-that's **** near hof right there

getting rid of reeves i could see....but getting rid of wade after what he's done since he left is asinine.