ok, these coaches supposely evaluated tape of players all offseason

statz

it's pretty simple if you can think for yourself: if the falcons had a chance to compete for anything he would still be around. however, the offense and special teams are horrible and without talent while the defense is on the field too much. no point in keeping around a guy who's not gonna be contributing by the time the falcons are ready to compete again.

what in the **** were they doing in these "evaluations"? playing dominoes? hopscotch? rolling down the street sippin on gin and juice?

<<<

grady was to good of a player to be on petrinos team..petrino is not going to keep players that are making plays like grady!! ohmy.gifohmy.gif

if the falcons had a chance to compete for anything he would still be around.

umm, i don't know if you realized it, but we have 9 more games left. then, there's this thing called pride. and oh yeah, the fans who are deciding whether or not to re-new their season tickets. this team has a lot to play for.

i'd actually give them more props if they had been doing any of the things you described

instead, these dumars were working with harrington over the summer and came to the brilliant conclusion that they didn't need more help at qb

so basically, waiting until after the trade deadline to figure out that they didn't want to keep a big proven dt who was a leader on the team last year was just par for the course for these idiots

what in the **** were they doing in these "evaluations"? playing dominoes? hopscotch? rolling down the street sippin on gin and juice?

i'd actually give them more props if they had been doing any of the things you described

instead, these dumars were working with harrington over the summer and came to the brilliant conclusion that they didn't need more help at qb

so basically, waiting until after the trade deadline to figure out that they didn't want to keep a big proven dt who was a leader on the team last year was just par for the course for these idiots

that's an interesting point. they stuck with harrington and refused to sign leftwich when he was available, criticize harrington after a couple games, reluctantly signed leftwich, then was excited(petrino was) about how leftwich played. sorry but that doesn't sound like a good talent evaluator to me.

umm, i don't know if you realized it, but we have 9 more games left.

ok, so knowing that the falcons would need to go at least 8-1 in order to finish with a winning record, you believe that's possible with joey harrington at qb, a third string lt, and guard playing rt, crump hurt, and more injuries likely to come. you really think there was a snowballs chance in **** of that happening? blink.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif thus proving there is no reason to have confidence in their "evaluating talent".

how hysterical, with leftwich hurt, the #1 qb is on his 3rd team in 3 seasons, the #2 qb hasn't played in a nfl game since 2003, and the #3 qb is the starting rb. there is a 3 stooges episode in there somewhere.

grady wasn't being evaluated. he didn't come back on board until right before the season started and then it took him a couple games even to get back in the lineup. once he did, and he didn't perform the role he is supposed to play in petrino's system, they cut him.

that's about all there is to it.

celtik

use common sense. they looked at the tape decided that he was coachable to fit their scheme. they realised that he didnt listen and wouldnt do what he is suppose to do so they were gonna cut him, but coleman was out and they couldnt have a decent line with coleman and jackson gone so they settled with grady and waited till coleman returned.

think about the timeline...coleman gets hurt, then magically they "settle" with grady on his lawsuit and everything is magically fixed. they new he wasnt gonna be the permanent fix so they brought in stanley (who already knows zimmer's system) and they rotate around grady until coleman gets back. and lewis being as good as he is made grady expendable.

its called business.. and as a coach you put the best players for what you want/need on the field, obviously grady wasnt it.

use common sense. they looked at the tape decided that he was coachable to fit their scheme. they realised that he didnt listen and wouldnt do what he is suppose to do so they were gonna cut him, but coleman was out and they couldnt have a decent line with coleman and jackson gone so they settled with grady and waited till coleman returned.

think about the timeline...coleman gets hurt, then magically they "settle" with grady on his lawsuit and everything is magically fixed. they new he wasnt gonna be the permanent fix so they brought in stanley (who already knows zimmer's system) and they rotate around grady until coleman gets back. and lewis being as good as he is made grady expendable.

its called business.. and as a coach you put the best players for what you want/need on the field, obviously grady wasnt it.

good post.

i'm glad petrino had the balls to cut him. the last thing we need is another lazy, no-practicing, insubordinate bum on this team. let the vets get mad. what have they done lately anyway?

some of you seem to think that this team is falling apart but i feel like this is exactly what the team needs... unless we want another decade or two of losing seasons. mora and his 'fun' attitude and all of his coddling ruined this team. they are soft. someone has to whip them into shape, and if they don't like it they can follow grady right out that door.

before the season started, we lost rod coleman and we had a 6th round pick backing up grady jackson and babineaux had just killed a dog. i don't care whether or not grady fit in the system at the beginning of the season, you are not going to put all of your eggs in a 6th round picks basket meanwhile facing the possibility of losing your 2nd ut. coleman is back, babineaux is still here, grady is gone. i don't find it coincidental that this was announced just after coleman's return.

grady wasn't being evaluated. he didn't come back on board until right before the season started and then it took him a couple games even to get back in the lineup. once he did, and he didn't perform the role he is supposed to play in petrino's system, they cut him.

that's about all there is to it.

celtik

i'll say it again -- i'm stunned that more people can't see this.

it's like we're mad that we're 1-6, so we'll make up stuff about how the coaches just didn't like grady in the system, when in fact the coaches said grady refused to follow the system.

amazing. simply amazing. thanks for bringing sanity to this thread, celticsage.

i'll say it again -- i'm stunned that more people can't see this.

it's like we're mad that we're 1-6, so we'll make up stuff about how the coaches just didn't like grady in the system, when in fact the coaches said grady refused to follow the system.

amazing. simply amazing. thanks for bringing sanity to this thread, celticsage.

good riddance, grady.

if i refused to do what i was supposed to do at work i wouldn't be employed very long.