the real leaders on the team, brook(ing) and dunn

keith brooking and warrick dunn are surprisingly "mum" on the whole gravy boat subject. could be because that's what real locker room leaders do. they line up behind the coaches and do their jobs. that's it. hall and crump and anyone else that is ######ing and moaning right now just needs to shut up and do their jobs!

keith brooking and warrick dunn are surprisingly "mum" on the whole gravy boat subject. could be because that's what real locker room leaders do. they line up behind the coaches and do their jobs. that's it. hall and crump and anyone else that is ######ing and moaning right now just needs to shut up and do their jobs!

thank you!

real pros don't whine, they act. brooking and dunn may not be doing the **** thing this season, but they've played enough to know when to complain and when to speak out. d. hall is nowhere near the leader he proclaimed that he wanted to be this season. far from it.

and by mum you mean "i didn't read the espn article where dunn commented on how the team was shocked and didn't know what to think of it?"

whoops, i guess brooking is the only leader.

i was saying the exact same thing to my buddy early today when i was talking to him about the gravy cut, and d-hall's comments to the press. he asked what brooking said and my response was simple, "nothing, brooking has got enough class not to ###### and moan to the media."

and by mum you mean "i didn't read the espn article where dunn commented on how the team was shocked and didn't know what to think of it?"

whoops, i guess brooking is the only leader.

haha! when a microphone is stuck in your face, and you're a true leader and understand that he can't burn the rope at either end... you do exactly what he did and remain neutral. you don't speak out against your coaches. saying the team is shocked and he doesn't know what to think of it is a completely acceptable, and appropriate response.

steve wyche said that the players were shaking their heads and saying "no comment"

dunn is probably gone, maybe a backup next year. how is norwood not starting?

player att yds yds/att long td

dunn 95 292 3.1 18 1

jerious 47 272 5.8 67 1

brooking is still having a solid season despite what some of you think. yeah, boley is having a good season but who do you think has the 2nd most tackles? and i do not want to hear that it's all assists. he is also 2nd on the team to boley in solo tackles.

player tot solo assist

boley 60 50 10

brooking 47 35 12

i see boley as the new leader of this team. i also get the feeling that both norwood and white will emerge as well.

look, this team is bad now, it was bad last year and it was bad the year before that. what does this season have in common with the previous two seasons? not petrino. not vick. it is the rest of the players.....guys like dunn, mcclure, milloy, jackson. none of them have played above average. none of them could make other players better. crumpler is a very good te, but he feels that he should be featured like a wr or maybe like tony gonzalez. has crump ever had the stats to warrant that kind of attention? as a go-to "wr", crump is dismally mediocre. and let's not forget hall......the second coming of deion. you remember, the guy that lost a game for us this season. how do any of them have the rep to disagree with any head coach?

with the likely cap problems that the vick situation has brought, this team will need to cut salaries. i don't think that was the reason for the grady cut. i think that grady was rubbing coaches the wrong way. they finally looked at trey lewis and decided that he could do as good a job as grady. and they probably think that stanley can handle the backup role. so, why keep a guy that you don't like? this decision may turn out to be a bad one, who knows? one thing is for sure, trey and montavious are younger than grady and both will certainly buy into their dc's game plan.

i thought that the past offseason was interesting. this next one could be even bigger.

the irony is that both are gone at the end of this year. gonna be a serious void in class when they go. dhall will have to be the leader dry.gif

i can agree to some degree on what you are saying, but the way this team has played this year i don't see any leaders right now for the falcons except norwood, it takes production either on offense or defense for other players to respect you as a leader and i haven't seen any of those other players doing anything worth leadership and that's the cold hard facts.

1. that description sounds more like a follower to me

2. dunn better not say anything he is luck that he is collecting a check week in and week out.

2. dunn better not say anything he is luck that he is collecting a check week in and week out.

eh... i just disagree with all the whining to the press. if any of these guys had an ounce of class they would shut up and handle it in-house. i will respect the veterans who hold their tongue and have the maturity, and decency to talk to the people on the staff about their feelings way before i'll give two bits of crap for the ones yappin' their gums to the media about it all.

dunn already vented a few weeks ago. so according to your criteria of what makes a "leader", brooking is the only one left huh.gif

yeah exactly! you follow your coaches lead.you have to follow to lead.there is a pecking order.there should be a level of dicipline.some on this board knows nothing of dicipline!

very true.

eh... i just disagree with all the whining to the press. if any of these guys had an ounce of class they would shut up and handle it in-house. i will respect the veterans who hold their tongue and have the maturity, and decency to talk to the people on the staff about their feelings way before i'll give two bits of crap for the ones yappin' their gums to the media about it all.

send in the gestopo and investigate!