try actually being patient

i'm perfectly happy letting go of this year. i'm a lifelong falcons fan. i'm willing to accept what's going on right now because i know it needs to happen. bp was not going to turn us into a super bowl team this year. obviously, i didn't expect this year to go this way but hey, who could have imagined all of what would have happened so far this year. i'm not ignorant, i know things take time i have plenty of time and patience for this year to finish off. i'm looking for things to start improving come next year. bp needs time to get his players in here. i guarentee rm will be gone before bp will go anywhere. blank wants this team to succeed as badly as any of us fans do. i have faith that things will fall nicely into place in the next year or two and then everyone will suddenly be on the patrino bandwagon. it's inevitable. i mean there is a reason why so many teams were interested in bp year after year. so i say give him some time.

here's some facts-

2002-schottenheimer's first year with chargers, record 8-8

1997- dan reeves first year with the falcons, record 7-9

2000-belichick's first year, record 5-11

1979- bill walsh's first year, record 2-14

1989- jimmy johnson's first year with the cowboys, record 1-15

if all of these teams gave up after a year, these teams would not have experienced the success they did, so give it some time before passing judgement.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm perfectly happy letting go of this year. i'm a lifelong falcons fan. i'm willing to accept what's going on right now because i know it needs to happen. bp was not going to turn us into a super bowl team this year. obviously, i didn't expect this year to go this way but hey, who could have imagined all of what would have happened so far this year. i'm not ignorant, i know things take time i have plenty of time and patience for this year to finish off. i'm looking for things to start improving come next year. bp needs time to get his players in here. i guarentee rm will be gone before bp will go anywhere. blank wants this team to succeed as badly as any of us fans do. i have faith that things will fall nicely into place in the next year or two and then everyone will suddenly be on the patrino bandwagon. it's inevitable. i mean there is a reason why so many teams were interested in bp year after year. so i say give him some time.

here's some facts-

if all of these teams gave up after a year, these teams would not have experienced the success they did, so give it some time before passing judgement.

here's some facts-

i'll be as patient as the maker will allow, not sure if he'll give me 40 more years of life but i'll be hoping and cussing as long as im allowed laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

i was happy when petrino was hired, but i am not happy with how he is doing this. sure, i like his no-nonsense attitude but you have to adjust your coaching style like coughlin did if you dont want to lose all of your veterans. just look at how well that worked once he finally started trying to work with them instead of banging heads with them! petrino needs to learn that lesson now, and not later. pi**ing off all the veteran playmakers on your team will not win you games, and cutting them shortly after wont either.

i am in it for the long haul, but i will feel free to voice my opinion on what this team is doing, and right now i do not agree with it. i will live through it, frustrated or not, but i will blow a gasket if we dont bring dhall back for a long time this offseason. franchise him if he wont resign, because we need him.

be patient?, ok fair enough, i'll do that. and while i'm doing that keep telling me how many bucks this team spends a week on paychecks for guys that don't play this system or get the job done, and when yer done with that, cut me 10% of that to keep me being patient, until we get to the playoffs. because i spend my time and money being a fan does not mean i need to blindly follow a team that has no direction. patient? sure, pay me enough to be so. oh, wait wait wait,..you say i can't ask for that? that's not how it works? really? yeah what the ****, yer right, i should be happy with the team this year. thank god the falcons are kicking ###### and all,..oh what?,..my bad,..uh...why should i be patient again?? i'm going back to 1971 and i still can't find a a good reason to be patient anymore.

patient my ######.

i'm on the petrino bandwagon. grady wasn't nearly as good this year as he was last year, in term's of his play, and even he's not even willing to run zimmer's scheme, why keep him around. start the young talent early, and see what we have in lewis and stanley.

this team needs to be completely rebuilt. there are some nice pieces in place, namely boley, anderson, abraham on defense, and white, norwood, leftwich, mughelli, blalock on offense, but other than that, this team is a rotten shell. the oline is small, weak, and soft. dhall is a cancerous growth in our lockerroom, who needs to be traded or bp needs to make him his ######. i don't care which. lawyer milloy is old, sander's sucks, and brooking is very avg., but at least he's towing the party line and shows up ready to play every week, and keeps his mouth shout to the press. dmo is what he is. i don't expect us to try very hard to retain him, as he is useless unless he plays in space. coleman will likely be gone either next year or certainly the year after. dunn is almost finished, but again, he shows up and keeps his mouth shut. joe horn keeps his mouth shut too, and shows up to play, regardless of whether he still can actually play. crumpler will be gone after this year, almost certainly. milner is the future, and has looked good so far, albeit in limited action.

what's happening this year is a combination of an aging team, unsuited to the new, more traditional offensive and defensive scheme, who were just involved in a major offseason circus, lost their best player, and is getting their ***** kicked by the new coaching staff, who isn't coddling anyone. this needed to happen, and bp is doing the right thing.

we'll come out of this stronger than we have ever been under blank. we just need to have patience.

i hope so, or it will be hard to swallow. i dont think petrino should bang heads with the veterans, or with dhall. i think he should try what coughlin did, and let them have their input and not just play the "im the coach f**k you i dont care what you think" card. dhall is an awesome player and he is not the only frustrated one on this team.

i agree there is a lot of fat to be trimmed, i 100% agree with you about coleman and some of the other players. i have no problem cutting some of the older guys that are either past their prime, overpaid or not trying anymore. but none of that describes deangelo hall.

and i think all of that could be handled in the offseason, not in the middle of a season that has had enough problems already. why do this and just raise the tension that much more right now???

here's some facts-

finally a true falcons fan best insightful post i have seen this year. a breath of fresh air! thanks! there are some fans out there!

i'm on the petrino bandwagon. grady wasn't nearly as good this year as he was last year, in term's of his play, and even he's not even willing to run zimmer's scheme, why keep him around. start the young talent early, and see what we have in lewis and stanley.

this team needs to be completely rebuilt. there are some nice pieces in place, namely boley, anderson, abraham on defense, and white, norwood, leftwich, mughelli, blalock on offense, but other than that, this team is a rotten shell. the oline is small, weak, and soft. dhall is a cancerous growth in our lockerroom, who needs to be traded or bp needs to make him his ######. i don't care which. lawyer milloy is old, sander's sucks, and brooking is very avg., but at least he's towing the party line and shows up ready to play every week, and keeps his mouth shout to the press. dmo is what he is. i don't expect us to try very hard to retain him, as he is useless unless he plays in space. coleman will likely be gone either next year or certainly the year after. dunn is almost finished, but again, he shows up and keeps his mouth shut. joe horn keeps his mouth shut too, and shows up to play, regardless of whether he still can actually play. crumpler will be gone after this year, almost certainly. milner is the future, and has looked good so far, albeit in limited action.

what's happening this year is a combination of an aging team, unsuited to the new, more traditional offensive and defensive scheme, who were just involved in a major offseason circus, lost their best player, and is getting their ***** kicked by the new coaching staff, who isn't coddling anyone. this needed to happen, and bp is doing the right thing.

we'll come out of this stronger than we have ever been under blank. we just need to have patience.

who's to say that the youth movement thats supposedly who management relies on in the future will be buy into this style,

be patient?, ok fair enough, i'll do that. and while i'm doing that keep telling me how many bucks this team spends a week on paychecks for guys that don't play this system or get the job done, and when yer done with that, cut me 10% of that to keep me being patient, until we get to the playoffs. because i spend my time and money being a fan does not mean i need to blindly follow a team that has no direction. patient? sure, pay me enough to be so. oh, wait wait wait,..you say i can't ask for that? that's not how it works? really? yeah what the ****, yer right, i should be happy with the team this year. thank god the falcons are kicking ###### and all,..oh what?,..my bad,..uh...why should i be patient again?? i'm going back to 1971 and i still can't find a a good reason to be patient anymore.

patient my ######.

hey, do you make applejuice with oranges? how about hamburgers with hotdogs? or do you run your car with water? oh you don't, why? is it because it doesn't work that way. well his offense and defense don't work with the pieces that we have. so you really don't have a choice until we get our apples, beef, and gasoline.

who's to say that the youth movement thats supposedly who management relies on in the future will be buy into this style,

if they want to play in the nfl, they will. plus, younger guys are easier to mold into a system than hard-head vets that think they know it all.

this thread is garbage.

what i don't want is for petrino to get his players in here

louisville sux

here's some facts-

petrino took a non-existent louisville team and put them front-and-center on the national map.

petrino knows what he's doing. he knows how to build championship teams - given the players that will listen to him instead of criticizing him all the time.

once he gets his players in place, things will be good.

agreed, but the ncaa is a far cry from the nfl. ask saban and spurrier. it's not for everybody. are the dolphins gonna hire boise state's coach just because he put that hideous blue field on national tv? i doubt it. very few have come from perennial college success to nfl success (barry switzer does not count! biggrin.gif ) i do like petrino's no nonsense attitude, but the players are a far cry from buying into him as their leader. it's got to be tough to come from motivating players who want to be in the nfl to motivating people who make a whole lot more than you.......i simply think the man is not going to succeed with the falcons. this team has alot of talent all over the place, and when they signed joe horn to give the wr corps some experienced leadership i almost jumped outta my skin. i don't dislike the man, heck, i dont know him, but i do know this much, the players aren't buying into him at all, and we are going to end up losing alot of talent if he stays too long. i've said it several times today, blank needs to hand bill cowher a blank (yes, pun intended) signed check and get this team headed in the right direction.

if they want to play in the nfl, they will. plus, younger guys are easier to mold into a system than hard-head vets that think they know it all.

one things for sure, every coach that the falcons have had has had a plan that brought hope, and only 2 of them had success(bennett and reeves) not sure if bobby will be the 3rd or just another one of the hopefuls and how long will blank keep him around. blank seems to be the 1 to lack patience

i hope so, or it will be hard to swallow. i dont think petrino should bang heads with the veterans, or with dhall. i think he should try what coughlin did, and let them have their input and not just play the "im the coach f**k you i dont care what you think" card. dhall is an awesome player and he is not the only frustrated one on this team.

and i think all of that could be handled in the offseason, not in the middle of a season that has had enough problems already. why do this and just raise the tension that much more right now???

dhall is the one banging heads with the coach. not the other way around. your right they should handle this in the off season.

you realize it took bill cowher 13 years to bring a trophy back to pittsburgh, don't you?

thirteen years.

yes, i do. thirteen years in a stronger afc......but i'll take 3 losing seasons in 13 years (reg. season 149-90-1 record) and a 12-9 nfl playoff record, a couple conference titles and 1 super bowl in a tougher afc over a college coach any day!

reference:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/cowhbi0.htm

one things for sure, every coach that the falcons have had has had a plan that brought hope, and only 2 of them had success(bennett and reeves) not sure if bobby will be the 3rd or just another one of the hopefuls and how long will blank keep him around. blank seems to be the 1 to lack patience

usually when blank perceives trouble within the organization that he would usually issue an explanation or an apology to the fanbase or send mckay out for damage control and yet, for some reason, they're both mysteriously quiet. i wonder why that is?

maybe blank is willing to be a more hands off owner for once? or maybe he's saying to **** with what the fans think? who knows.

you're not giving petrino a chance. he is 8 games into his first nfl season. at least give him a year or two to see what he can do. who knows? he could be the next bill belichik? we don't know yet.

that's a fair statement, but, as a life long falcon fan, i'm so tired of rebuilding! and cowher is a proven winner, and controlled many a big head in pit!

usually when blank perceives trouble within the organization that he would usually issue an explanation or an apology to the fanbase or send mckay out for damage control and yet, for some reason, they're both mysteriously quiet. i wonder why that is?

maybe blank is willing to be a more hands off owner for once? or maybe he's saying to **** with what the fans think? who knows.

the fans are paying his teams bills, but of course i dont think any ceo or owner relly cares about the customer only that the customer is buying his product