dan reeves!

dirtyjerk

blanks first huge mistake was firing dan reeves or telling dan he was going to be replaced at the end of the 2003 season, that season fell apart because vicks leg fell apart in preseason, it was another season lost because of vick, reeves should have been given the chance to coach the 2004 team, that was his team and jim mora jr took it to the nfc championship, had dan reeves been the coach i dare say that the 2004 team would have went to the superbowl, by 2005 it all started going downhill because jim mora took hold and basically with the help of knapp and donatell started tearing the 04 team down. now it falls on petrino to rebuild what was lost and only time will tell if he is up for the job but i would love to see dan reeves return to atlanta if not as the head coach then as the general manager when we fire mckay !!!!

i would also like to gauge bill cowher and see if he would be willing to come on down and whip this soft bunch of crybabies in atlanta into shape !!!!

blanks first huge mistake was firing dan reeves or telling dan he was going to be replaced at the end of the 2003 season, that season fell apart because vicks leg fell apart in preseason, it was another season lost because of vick, reeves should have been given the chance to coach the 2004 team, that was his team and jim mora jr took it to the nfc championship, had dan reeves been the coach i dare say that the 2004 team would have went to the superbowl, by 2005 it all started going downhill because jim mora took hold and basically with the help of knapp and donatell started tearing the 04 team down. now it falls on petrino to rebuild what was lost and only time will tell if he is up for the job but i would love to see dan reeves return to atlanta if not as the head coach then as the general manager when we fire mckay !!!!

i would also like to gauge bill cowher and see if he would be willing to come on down and whip this soft bunch of crybabies in atlanta into shape !!!!

i agreed until you said dan for gm (not that he was as bad as most people here woud have you think)... but this is a solid post.

dan reeves was a great coach....but the drafting while he was here was pretty bad....beside vick, i seem to remember always drafting tight ends....but he did bring in crump....after oj santiego and what's his name....was it some dude named kelly?

dan took the falcons to the superbowl, the only man in history to do so. the falcons have not even gotten close since dan left, in philadelphia in the nfc championship in 04, the game was over before it began because mora jr did not have the team prepared to play in the cold. dan reeves would have it ready.

the bottom line is this. blank got rid of the only coach to ever take the falcons to the superbowl.......and all of us have played the price !!!!

petrino isn't going anywhere!

next topic?

i will say it again, you have to give petrino a pass on this year since he walked into probably the worst head coaching situation in nfl history. for one thing with the exception of the aints game the falcons have been in every game up untill the 4th qaurter.

i guess everybody gets mad because he is cutting old fan favorites, but i say it's time to move on and petrino knows this, better to start moving on now and try and develop some of the younger rookie players we have now in this losing season instead of realizing and trying to do that next year in yet what could be another losing season. i say release the entire o-line and try whoever the falcons have that might can do the job.

something tells me that dan reeves could turn the talent we still have on this team back into a contender. is arthur blank man enough to give the team over to a proven winner who won't tolerate his meddling?! probably not but i thought i'd ask anyway!

what talent? this has got to be the least talented team in the nfl.

dan took the falcons to the superbowl, the only man in history to do so. the falcons have not even gotten close since dan left, in philadelphia in the nfc championship in 04, the game was over before it began because mora jr did not have the team prepared to play in the cold. dan reeves would have it ready.

the bottom line is this. blank got rid of the only coach to ever take the falcons to the superbowl.......and all of us have played the price !!!!

wasn't it 04 when the mora led falcons became the first team ever to beat green bay at home.....in the cold....in the playoffs?

if i remember correctly, it was cold and raining in phi, and in weather like that, it couldve gone either way, just happened to not be our way!

wasn't it 04 when the mora led falcons became the first team ever to beat green bay at home.....in the cold....in the playoffs?

if i remember correctly, it was cold and raining in phi, and in weather like that, it couldve gone either way, just happened to not be our way!

no, that was the 2002 wildcard game - then went on to lose to philly in the divisional round.

in 2004 we destroyed the rams in the divisional game before losing to philly in the cold.

nah dude, that was reeves who won the game in gb

but isn't that what petrino is trying to do?

and what happens if the players don't like what cowher is asking them to do?

will he be fired too?

but isn't that what petrino is trying to do?

and what happens if the players don't like what cowher is asking them to do?

will he be fired too?

i believe petrino's lack of nfl experience could be why he hasn't gained respect of the players.......insert a proven cowher, the respect level is different. he could cut alge crumpler and no one would say a thing but when petrino cuts a dlman because he isnt "fitting into the scheme" (but leads the atlanta linemen in tackles??) some voice their disgust. this isn't just backlash from cutting jackson, this has been building longer, i feel. and let's all keep in mind losing vick hurt the entire mindset and confidence of the team, and thats where i could defend petrino.

still think cowher would shock and awe this team into winning as they stand today, way quicker than petrino can. the players would buy into cowher simply because he is nfl proven. flash that super bowl ring and a couple conference title rings, well, it comes across way better than a rookie nfl coach trying to stranglehold millionaires the way he is (see steve spurrier-joe gibbs washington redskins).

dude, atlanta has a ton of talent! read post #54, and throughout that thread here:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php...77508&st=45

its not lack of talent (well, except at qb) its no leadership

my opinion only

warrick dunn- past prime, should be a third down back. no able to carry the load without a qb that can make things happen.

rushing receiving fumbles

att yds avg lng td rec yds avg long td fum lost

95 292 3.1 18 1 -----18 78 4.3 12 0 1 1

john abraham,- injury prone. has not been hurt this year, but cannot do it alone. 5 sacks is good. but lets see if he can play the entire year.

keith brooking- 47 tackles in 7 games averages to almost 7 a game. he only makes plays 5-10 yards downfield. he cannot get off of blocks. on his last leg as a pro.

rod coleman- 4 tackles in 2 games? he is not an impact player this year al all.

alge crumpler-top player, i agree

joe horn- 14 receptions in 7 games is 2 per game. was talented, but looks like he is past his prime. not a top player.

jimmy williams- burn city. 10 tackles and one pass defend. not even close to a top player.

if that is the best list of talent on the team, then that shows why they are 1-6.

my opinion only

warrick dunn- past prime, should be a third down back. no able to carry the load without a qb that can make things happen.

rushing receiving fumbles

att yds avg lng td rec yds avg long td fum lost

95 292 3.1 18 1 -----18 78 4.3 12 0 1 1

john abraham,- injury prone. has not been hurt this year, but cannot do it alone. 5 sacks is good. but lets see if he can play the entire year.

keith brooking- 47 tackles in 7 games averages to almost 7 a game. he only makes plays 5-10 yards downfield. he cannot get off of blocks. on his last leg as a pro.

rod coleman- 4 tackles in 2 games? he is not an impact player this year al all.

alge crumpler-top player, i agree

joe horn- 14 receptions in 7 games is 2 per game. was talented, but looks like he is past his prime. not a top player.

jimmy williams- burn city. 10 tackles and one pass defend. not even close to a top player.

if that is the best list of talent on the team, then that shows why they are 1-6.

again, its lack of leadership.....bad coaching....you pick.

i believe petrino's lack of nfl experience could be why he hasn't gained respect of the players.......insert a proven cowher, the respect level is different. he could cut alge crumpler and no one would say a thing but when petrino cuts a dlman because he isnt "fitting into the scheme" (but leads the atlanta linemen in tackles??) some voice their disgust. this isn't just backlash from cutting jackson, this has been building longer, i feel. and let's all keep in mind losing vick hurt the entire mindset and confidence of the team, and thats where i could defend petrino.

still think cowher would shock and awe this team into winning as they stand today, way quicker than petrino can. the players would buy into cowher simply because he is nfl proven. flash that super bowl ring and a couple conference title rings, well, it comes across way better than a rookie nfl coach trying to stranglehold millionaires the way he is (see steve spurrier-joe gibbs washington redskins).

well, i can't disagree with what you're saying.

it's human nature to respect a someone who is proven winner over an unproven one maybe with potential.

but history is littered with examples of people not taking to a good idea because it was new, not because it didn't have merit.

that's why i'm in the wait and see mode as far as petrino goes. and i was hoping the players would give him a chance.