if we wipe the slate clean and cut the vets/cap casualties

David Ethan

hypothetically, if someone said, "we're rebuilding with our top 15-20 players, cutting aging vets who eat up salary, signing free agents and drafting as well as we can" this is what i would do.....

your thoughts?? your players??

players to keep:

1. d. hall (an absolute must, corners this good are very hard to come by and he's only 23!!)

2. m. boley (i'll be damned if mckay actually made a smart move...this guy is incredible; a future pro bowler)

3. d. williams (overruns the play a little too often, but fast and highly skilled, a good young player)

4. j. abraham (one of the best de's in the game, an emotional leader and one of the few players other teams gameplan for)

5. c. houston (i believe he has the potential to be great...the learning curve is steep for this position, but he can be ferocious)

6. j. anderson (always takes at least a season for de's to mature and he's new to the position...could be very good, avg at worst)

7. s. nicholas (the leader on what we now see is a very good usf defense, has the potential to top off what could be a fantastic lb tandem)

8. j. williams (at worst an excellent nickel back, at best could mature into a very good fs given the time to learn and adjust...smooth athlete)

9. d. irons (excellent athlete, good nickel back and good on special teams, i like him)

10. r. white (can you believe it? this guy's actually really good....at blocking too...stunned)

11. j. blalock (i went to a school where we feared seeing this guy on saturday's, he's awesome, a future pro bowler)

12. l. robinson (will develop into an excellent slot guy, showed his hands with that catch this weekend)

13. t. lewis (hard to come by guys his size, plays with a chip on his shoulder)

14. b. leftwich (guy plays his butt off and will allow whichever qb we draft this year to learn behind him)

15. j. norwood (this is obvious...home run hitter, devestating in the open field)

fa's

1. justin smith, dt, cin (can play end too if anderson doesn't pan out, very good player)

2. get a ##### kicker

draft

1. please prevent me from having a stroke by drafting brohm...every qb has been good at lousiville and have all stunk it up in the pros (redman, lefors, ragone, etc.)

2. draft mcfadden...we'll be in position to get him, two rb systems are all the rage and he will be every bit as good as peterson

3. draft brennan...i know some of you think he's a system guy, but he's awesome. great leader, has a rifle, accurate and very competitive.

4. after brennan and mcfadden, i don't care what they do smile.gif....although some big bodies up front would be nice

5. avoid brohm and dorsey at all costs, both will be busts...watch. long will be awesome though

hypothetically, if someone said, "we're rebuilding with our top 15-20 players, cutting aging vets who eat up salary, signing free agents and drafting as well as we can" this is what i would do.....

your thoughts?? your players??

players to keep:

1. d. hall (an absolute must, corners this good are very hard to come by and he's only 23!!)

2. m. boley (i'll be damned if mckay actually made a smart move...this guy is incredible; a future pro bowler)

3. d. williams (overruns the play a little too often, but fast and highly skilled, a good young player)

4. j. abraham (one of the best de's in the game, an emotional leader and one of the few players other teams gameplan for)

5. c. houston (i believe he has the potential to be great...the learning curve is steep for this position, but he can be ferocious)

6. j. anderson (always takes at least a season for de's to mature and he's new to the position...could be very good, avg at worst)

7. s. nicholas (the leader on what we now see is a very good usf defense, has the potential to top off what could be a fantastic lb tandem)

8. j. williams (at worst an excellent nickel back, at best could mature into a very good fs given the time to learn and adjust...smooth athlete)

9. d. irons (excellent athlete, good nickel back and good on special teams, i like him)

10. r. white (can you believe it? this guy's actually really good....at blocking too...stunned)

11. j. blalock (i went to a school where we feared seeing this guy on saturday's, he's awesome, a future pro bowler)

12. l. robinson (will develop into an excellent slot guy, showed his hands with that catch this weekend)

13. t. lewis (hard to come by guys his size, plays with a chip on his shoulder)

14. b. leftwich (guy plays his butt off and will allow whichever qb we draft this year to learn behind him)

15. j. norwood (this is obvious...home run hitter, devestating in the open field)

fa's

1. justin smith, dt, cin (can play end too if anderson doesn't pan out, very good player)

2. get a ##### kicker

draft

1. please prevent me from having a stroke by drafting brohm...every qb has been good at lousiville and have all stunk it up in the pros (redman, lefors, ragone, etc.)

2. draft mcfadden...we'll be in position to get him, two rb systems are all the rage and he will be every bit as good as peterson

3. draft brennan...i know some of you think he's a system guy, but he's awesome. great leader, has a rifle, accurate and very competitive.

4. after brennan and mcfadden, i don't care what they do smile.gif....although some big bodies up front would be nice

5. avoid brohm and dorsey at all costs, both will be busts...watch. long will be awesome though

i agree with all of this, especially the kicking situation. this is not college football, having an efficient kicker is a must in the nfl. although it was a freak occurrence, rod bironas last week was a prime example. the kicking game is key. they call it football for a reason.

and also, i say if we do end up getting a new qb (because obviously harrington is not in the cards as the qb of the future, and leftwich, as much of a leader as he is, is as physically fragile as idk what), then either we draft a qb (ryan, woodson, dixon, brennan, take your pick.) or a rb (mcfadden, duh.), and do something about the offensive line.

also key, fix the **** o-line. it's ridiculous that qb's come to atlanta to get obliterated. if vick wasn't as fast as he was, he'd be dead by now, instead of headed to jail. leftwich is injured, and it's a miracle that harrington is still active, as many times as he's been sacked.

using your criteria...(there are some vets i think should be kept)

1) abraham

2) hall

3) crumpler

4) boley

5) norwood

6) blalock

7) anderson

8) robinson

9) white

10) foster

11) houston

12) nicholas

13) lewis

14) mughelli

15) leftwich

milloy, brooking, crocker, babineaux, mcclure, forney, mcintyre, koenen, stone, irons, d. williams, are also players i would consider

on topic, i ranked the 15 most important players for falcons future success as listed:

1 - whatever qb we take in this draft

2 - whatever lt we take in this draft

3 - jamaal anderson

4 - deangelo hall

5 - chris houston (because of the uncertainty of halls future)

5 - justin blaylock

6 - roddy white

7- michael boley

8 - jonathan babineaux

9 - trey lewis

10 - john abraham

11 - laurent robinson

12 - stephan nicholas

13 - jimmy williams

14 - jerious norwood

15 - tony taylor

i agree with all of this, especially the kicking situation. this is not college football, having an efficient kicker is a must in the nfl. although it was a freak occurrence, rod bironas last week was a prime example. the kicking game is key. they call it football for a reason.

and also, i say if we do end up getting a new qb (because obviously harrington is not in the cards as the qb of the future, and leftwich, as much of a leader as he is, is as physically fragile as idk what), then either we draft a qb (ryan, woodson, dixon, brennan, take your pick.) or a rb (mcfadden, duh.), and do something about the offensive line.

also key, fix the **** o-line. it's ridiculous that qb's come to atlanta to get obliterated. if vick wasn't as fast as he was, he'd be dead by now, instead of headed to jail. leftwich is injured, and it's a miracle that harrington is still active, as many times as he's been sacked.

that's what i was saying....get a freakin' kicker....sooo overlooked and sooo important

you know what's funny.

i remember hearing the same thing about corey dillon and randy moss.

this is the nfl. an unporven staff has to earn the respect of it's players.

you're right. petrino should hop in dhall's lamborghini just like mora did, to earn his respect.

laugh.gif

he has unbelievable talent, but dhall is a cancer, and he's spreading.

you're right. petrino should hop in dhall's lamborghini just like mora did, to earn his respect.

laugh.gif

he has unbelievable talent, but dhall is a cancer, and he's spreading.

i think he is just looking for loyalty. i feel that mora has corrupted his thinking, albeit unintentionally. he thinks he is owed something. respect is something mutual, but it's up to a player to respect a coach and to earn his respect, hall thinks it is the other way around. but i do think that hall would battle until he was broken if he felt he was in the right situation. we just need that to be here

i think he is just looking for loyalty. i feel that mora has corrupted his thinking, albeit unintentionally. he thinks he is owed something. respect is something mutual, but it's up to a player to respect a coach and to earn his respect, hall thinks it is the other way around. but i do think that hall would battle until he was broken if he felt he was in the right situation. we just need that to be here

there's something brian dawkins said that i always remember.

"respect is not given, it is earned."

but he said it more like "respect is not given, it is earned!!!!!!"

1. michael boley - our best football player this year. young and a hoss.

2. roddy white - looking like the pro-bowl talent he was drafted to be.

3. john abraham - our biggest playmaker on d. when healthy, as good as a rush end gets in the nfl.

4. jamaal anderson - he has to be a hit. if you have a stud le, there is so much more on d you can do.

5. justin blalock - in about 2 years, he may be our most seasoned vet on oline.

6. jerious norwood - can break a game open at any time, we need to sure up the oline to see what he's actually capable of.

7. chris houston - he's a starting cornerback of the future.... he might be our starting left corner someday soon.

8. laurent robinson - complete steal. if he's a bonafide number 2 in the nfl, we're set at wr.

9. stephen nicholas - i really like this guy. i cant wait till he's a full time starter.

10. jimmy williams - he needs to be a hit for us at safety. we need someone to pass defend on the back end.

11. ovie mughelli - once our oline is right, and we have a rb with pop in his pads, ovie will be the pro-bowl player he was signed to be.

12. trey lewis - we need nfl dts, and he looks like one.

13. byron leftwich - he would be higher, but he cant stay healthy. we'll begin next season with him as the starter... who will replace him due to injury, a fa qb or a rookie?

14. demorrio williams - no reason to let him go. keep him as a backup, and a full time nickle lb

15. martrez milner - he'll probably never be a number 1 te. but he looks like he's going to be great for 2 te sets, and using him as an h-back has already shown some value.

1. michael boley - our best football player this year. young and a hoss.

2. roddy white - looking like the pro-bowl talent he was drafted to be.

3. john abraham - our biggest playmaker on d. when healthy, as good as a rush end gets in the nfl.

4. jamaal anderson - he has to be a hit. if you have a stud le, there is so much more on d you can do.

5. justin blalock - in about 2 years, he may be our most seasoned vet on oline.

6. jerious norwood - can break a game open at any time, we need to sure up the oline to see what he's actually capable of.

7. chris houston - he's a starting cornerback of the future.... he might be our starting left corner someday soon.

8. laurent robinson - complete steal. if he's a bonafide number 2 in the nfl, we're set at wr.

9. stephen nicholas - i really like this guy. i cant wait till he's a full time starter.

10. jimmy williams - he needs to be a hit for us at safety. we need someone to pass defend on the back end.

11. ovie mughelli - once our oline is right, and we have a rb with pop in his pads, ovie will be the pro-bowl player he was signed to be.

12. trey lewis - we need nfl dts, and he looks like one.

13. byron leftwich - he would be higher, but he cant stay healthy. we'll begin next season with him as the starter... who will replace him due to injury, a fa qb or a rookie?

14. demorrio williams - no reason to let him go. keep him as a backup, and a full time nickle lb

15. martrez milner - he'll probably never be a number 1 te. but he looks like he's going to be great for 2 te sets, and using him as an h-back has already shown some value.

i forgot about ovie...he's good