i keep thinking about jimmy johnson's 1-15 start

Supes™

...and look where he eventually took 'em. jimmy was a very successful college coach, but he had some things to learn about the nfl. can't the same be said about bobby? and isn't it fair to say that he inherited a real mess here and that all of our weaknesses on offense were exposed without ykw under center?

he's made some mistakes, but who hasn't? he seems savvy enough to me to learn from them. in any case, i for one am giving this man a pass for '08. in no way can i see laying the weight of this disastrous season on his shoulders alone. never in nfl history has a team suffered in an off season like the present atlanta falcons.

patience pays, people, and you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. the least we can do is give this man every chance that jimmy had in dallas.

...and look where he eventually took 'em. jimmy was a very successful college coach, but he had some things to learn about the nfl. can't the same be said about bobby? and isn't it fair to say that he inherited a real mess here and that all of our weaknesses on offense were exposed without ykw under center?

he's made some mistakes, but who hasn't? he seems savvy enough to me to learn from them. in any case, i for one am giving this man a pass for '08. in no way can i see laying the weight of this disastrous season on his shoulders alone. never in nfl history has a team suffered in an off season like the present atlanta falcons.

patience pays, people, and you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. the least we can do is give this man every chance that jimmy had in dallas.

well said

yeah, that's great and all but you are forgetting a major part of the johnson era in dallas.

we don't have a herschal walker to trade. so we're not going to have the number of picks that johnson had in dallas.

also, did jj win a national championship while at miami?

don't think jimmy johnson. think nick saban...

i hope that we can have the same results as the cowboys.

yeah, that's great and all but you are forgetting a major part of the johnson era in dallas.

we don't have a herschal walker to trade. so we're not going to have the number of picks that johnson had in dallas.

it's called "draft and fee agency", which will take a lil' more time....but some fans act as if we have no time.

it's called "draft and fee agency", which will take a lil' more time....but some fans act as if we have no time.

one problem.

we still have to get the money back from vick before we can talk about being active in free agency.

then we're most likely going to be picking in the top 3. do you know how much it take to sign that player based on what happend this past draft?

calvin johnson is the highest paid lion ever and he was a wr at #2. if we end up drafting a player in the top 3 he will most likley have the largest signing bonus in the history of the falcons which will create a significant cap hit.

this is why we need the money back from vick.

we don't have a herschel walker, but we "might" have a darren mcfadden to trade...to dallas of all teams. if we're sitting at 3 and dmc is still on the board, i would welcome both of dallas' first round picks for him. that would give us 4 picks in the first two rounds. we could revamp the whole offense. qb, rb, ot, ot.

what a great post for some hope!

all we need is a hall of fame qb, rb, and wr....no...we also need 2 hall of fame defensive players....

and a coach that won a college national championship (since we can't mention his sb rings because he hadn't won them at the time)

good job superfan...way to shine some hope laugh.giflaugh.gif

what a great post for some hope!

all we need is a hall of fame qb, rb, and wr....no...we also need 2 hall of fame defensive players....

and a coach that won a college national championship (since we can't mention his sb rings because he hadn't won them at the time)

good job superfan...way to shine some hope laugh.giflaugh.gif

my glass is always half full! smile.gif

we don't have a herschel walker, but we "might" have a darren mcfadden to trade...to dallas of all teams. if we're sitting at 3 and dmc is still on the board, i would welcome both of dallas' first round picks for him. that would give us 4 picks in the first two rounds. we could revamp the whole offense. qb, rb, ot, ot.

i like this idea. but it depends on how cleveland finishes. if their pick (owned by dallas) doesn't finish in the top 10, we might miss out on a really needed impact player. (see 2007 draft which arguably had 7 impact players and in which we picked 8th.) but if it turns out to be a high pick, then yeah, sounds good!

i must point out that jimmy johnson had the benefit of a wealthy owner in the pre-salary cap days, along with a blockbuster trade that will never be equaled. certainly, johnson had to coach his players and run the team, but many of us don't factor in the talent and money available to him. when he got to the dolphins, he was exposed. he has never coached since then.