move brooking to olb

some of the people on this board are ridiculous. why would you move a slow, over the hill hwy 56 to a speed position such as wlb? get a clue please. he would get abused more in space than in the middle. you talk about being exposed. maybe then everyone would see the problem. i also have been saying he's been out of position. his rightful position is next to the gatorade table on the bench. let nicholas or taylor try their hand at the spot. they can't do much worse.

rollow..i was saying it all yesterday......do we really want to see keith brooking--out of all our linebackers--lined up against a running back in the flats or on a wheel route? **** no!

i know he has meant alot to this franchise in the past, but he is done now.

i just don't get why so many people are blind when it comes to this guy. linebackers don't get better/faster after they hit 30. that's just a fact. he was moved to the middle for a reason. ed hurtwell doesn't look so bad now.

brooking's natural position is olb. contrary to your belief, brooking isn't that slow. he's been playing out of position for a couple of seasons now. apparently the coaches also felt that grady wasn't doing enough to keep blockers off of him.

he may be his best at olb, but the falcons have at least 2 guys that are better than him at olb in boley and demorrio williams.

now that demorrio is back in the flow, he's becoming the playmaker zimmer thought he could be.

brooking's days are numbered.....finally!

some of the people on this board are ridiculous. why would you move a slow, over the hill hwy 56 to a speed position such as wlb? get a clue please. he would get abused more in space than in the middle. you talk about being exposed. maybe then everyone would see the problem. i also have been saying he's been out of position. his rightful position is next to the gatorade table on the bench. let nicholas or taylor try their hand at the spot. they can't do much worse.

lmao. i couldn't agree more.

demorrio williams? c'mon.. he made some highlight reel plays, but what about the plays where he gets out of position, gets boxed in and taken out of the play? he's highly overrated on these boards. he's just ok... he makes some big plays, but he gives up more big plays. nicholas was more solid and stayed within his responsibilities much better, not letting himself get out of position and get blocked out of the play.

the same happens to brooking every week.every blind homer defending him never mentions those when they happen or whenever.the differenece is demo can help out in other ways like getting ints,blocking fg's recovering fumbles.brooking isn't even good at swarming to the ball.if he's running to the outside he'll wheel far out to run his weak azz around a blocker instead of fighting ablock to get in there and make the play.even when he does make a tackle,he doesn't stop them,they drag him for an extra 3-5 yards before falling,he just grabs ankles and goes for a ride.not on the level of other great lb's inside or outside.he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with other greats.

i agree. moving highway 56 around isn't the answer, but benching him is.