i'm beginning to think crump was right.. why would you

falcon124

release grady jackson 7 games into the season. our run d wasn't that bad, but now.....without the big fella clogging up the middle, we are definitely not playing to win but to evaluate talent. no problem doing this during the offseason, but 7 games in when he was playing well. what sense does that make? really. shoulda done it before the season started if we were going that route this year. someone please intelligently explain this move to me. did he eat a coach or something?

release grady jackson 7 games into the season. our run d wasn't that bad, but now.....without the big fella clogging up the middle, we are definitely not playing to win but to evaluate talent. no problem doing this during the offseason, but 7 games in when he was playing well. what sense does that make? really. shoulda done it before the season started if we were going that route this year. someone please intelligently explain this move to me. did he eat a coach or something?

bad blood from the offseason. also hes getting older, and i dont know but maybe they think trey lewis can fill the void at a cheeper price?

have you been told yet that we're 1-6?

if grady was "clogging-up" the middle, there wouldn't be all the "brooking suxxx" threads. grady isn't clogging anything but his arteries. otherwise. the linebackers, particularly the middle linebacker, could run to the ball & make plays.

this season is over and that is common sense - the rebuilding begins now - why wait

on the post game show this past sunday, the hosts said that there are policies that if a team is found to be "evaluating talent" or playing as if they are looking towards the draft, as opposed to trying to win the game, there are harsh fines and penalties for it. now, how the league can tell, i don't know, and they didn't read off a rule or anything...but the way they described the situations, make sense. the commissioner simply doesn't tolerate that kind of thing during the regular season because its not fair to your opponent to not face the very best you have and they don't want that kind of attitude spreading over other teams that are struggling. you play to win as if you are playing for the playoffs even if you're 0-15 and its the last game. you don't evaluate for next season while you're in the middle of one. that is sad, pathetic and......well......i guess that's the falcons.

trey williams gets his shot, eh?

well, time to start d. stone, j. norwood, c. houston, j. williams, l. robinson and whomever else there is that aint a fulltime starter to see what they got!!

yep ! ! ! ! ! if you try'em out now, think how far ahead you will be next off season. you'll already have an idea of what you have (against nfl starting quality players). i think it would be a great idea. this season is done already. let yhe young ones get experience now. can only help later.

yeah, but that had nothing to do with grady. big guy clogged up the middle so what is your point?

in 3 games trey had almost as many tackles as grady had in all of the games.

read the story again, trey is written up in the story to be the most impact rookie we have so far.

trey is out performing grady, we need to be developing trey lewis, he is the power rookie in the d line so far.

kudo's to jamaal as well, trey has gained somebody's attention and is just getting his shot to play.

now i wish they would bring jason snelling back and let the man play, i really like jason snelling and the way he pounded the line.

i can't wait to see stone and nicholas get back in there.

michaelgee wink.gif

on the post game show this past sunday, the hosts said that there are policies that if a team is found to be "evaluating talent" or playing as if they are looking towards the draft, as opposed to trying to win the game, there are harsh fines and penalties for it. now, how the league can tell, i don't know, and they didn't read off a rule or anything...but the way they described the situations, make sense. the commissioner simply doesn't tolerate that kind of thing during the regular season because its not fair to your opponent to not face the very best you have and they don't want that kind of attitude spreading over other teams that are struggling. you play to win as if you are playing for the playoffs even if you're 0-15 and its the last game. you don't evaluate for next season while you're in the middle of one. that is sad, pathetic and......well......i guess that's the falcons.

well they could use teams that rest players when they have clinched as examples of that rule not being held up

but also i don't think they could accuse the falcons of anything at this point

in 3 games trey had almost as many tackles as grady had in all of the games.

read the story again, trey is written up in the story to be the most impact rookie we have so far.

trey is out performing grady, we need to be developing trey lewis, he is the power rookie in the d line so far.

kudo's to jamaal as well, trey has gained somebody's attention and is just getting his shot to play.

now i wish they would bring jason snelling back and let the man play, i really like jason snelling and the way he pounded the line.

i can't wait to see stone and nicholas get back in there.

michaelgee wink.gif

great post michael and i couldn`t agree more,this move shows us that bobby&mckay do have a plan for this teams future!

bad blood from the offseason. also hes getting older, and i dont know but maybe they think trey lewis can fill the void at a cheeper price?

you are right about the bad blood. it makes for a tense situation when you are sueing your employer. it's a bad move right now, letting grady go.

well they could use teams that rest players when they have clinched as examples of that rule not being held up

but also i don't think they could accuse the falcons of anything at this point

there's a world of difference between resting starters because you've made the playoffs vs using half the regular season to test out rookies and younger players for the next season...but i agree, its not like the falcons can be accused of that now anyway. however, if that's the actual case, i have no respect for this franchise....so i'm hoping its not the case.

trey williams gets his shot, eh?

well, time to start d. stone, j. norwood, c. houston, j. williams, l. robinson and whomever else there is that aint a fulltime starter to see what they got!!

and when s. nicholas is healthy he needs to start too!!

and all the "real fan" season ticket holders would scream bloody murder at the thought of petrino throwing up the white flag and giving the starters the remainder of the season off.