why did the we cut grady jackson?

dakid

how come? he was playing solid this year........to me.

its not going to be hard at all for trey lewis to fill grady's shoes... he has blown this year.. he gets push on one play.. then it looks like he takes 6 or 7 snaps off and gets completely owned by the o-line.. im not going to miss grady.. i have been getting so frustrated with his play this season... its almost like he wasn't even trying

i love how people on this board are bashing grady jackson now that he is cut. just last year people were praising him. my gosh, falcons fans are so fickle. grady was playing well this year. he was second in tackles on the d-line. i think letting him go was extremely dumb. i hope to god that we dont get brutally ran over by the niners. if we do, cutting grady will look extremely dumb. he had 3 solo tackles in the giants game and 5 in the titans game. he was still a good d-linemen for us. i know we are cleaning house, but how about we do that more so towards the end of the season. i have a real bad feeling about this move.

its not going to be hard at all for trey lewis to fill grady's shoes... he has blown this year.. he gets push on one play.. then it looks like he takes 6 or 7 snaps off and gets completely owned by the o-line.. im not going to miss grady.. i have been getting so frustrated with his play this season... its almost like he wasn't even trying

wtf?!

i love how people on this board are bashing grady jackson now that he is cut. just last year people were praising him. my gosh, falcons fans are so fickle. grady was playing well this year. he was second in tackles on the d-line. i think letting him go was extremely dumb. i hope to god that we dont get brutally ran over by the niners. if we do, cutting grady will look extremely dumb. he had 3 solo tackles in the giants game and 5 in the titans game. he was still a good d-linemen for us. i know we are cleaning house, but how about we do that more so towards the end of the season. i have a real bad feeling about this move.

i got the same bad feeling....something is terribly wrong at the branch. 21 tackles, a 5yd loss sack, and a few blocked passes so far...**** i know we needed a roster spot but how can you justify getting rid of a top10 dt and one of our bright spots? i do not understand wtf is going on......

its not real clear why they cut grady. as if we had depth to spare on the defensive line as it is. but then you go and cut one of your lone bright spots? that doesn't make sense. a lack of effort in practice should not be grounds for termination unless you have a more productive player waiting in the wings. i don't care what type of disciplinary message you're trying to send.

i got the same bad feeling....something is terribly wrong at the branch. 21 tackles, a 5yd loss sack, and a few blocked passes so far...**** i know we needed a roster spot but how can you justify getting rid of a top10 dt and one of our bright spots? i do not understand wtf is going on......

laugh.giflaugh.gif you guys really crack me up.. its like you don't even watch him.. you get so caught up in the stats... he takes tons of plays off.. and it has cost us big time.. the dude has been lazy this year.. i couldnt give a crap what he did last year.. he has been terrible this year.. you need to watch him every down he is in.. he will get push and a tackle on one play then for a about 6 or so plays he is in for he will get pushed off the line.. it really is like he just gets his stats then doesn't give a crap.. i have been calling this out all season.. so i am not surprised about this cut.. he has been lazy this year.. and the fact that you guys think you know more about a player then the coaching staff that is with him every day of practice and every game day.. well its just laughable laugh.giflaugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif you guys really crack me up.. its like you don't even watch him.. you get so caught up in the stats... he takes tons of plays off.. and it has cost us big time.. the dude has been lazy this year.. i couldnt give a crap what he did last year.. he has been terrible this year.. you need to watch him every down he is in.. he will get push and a tackle on one play then for a about 6 or so plays he is in for he will get pushed off the line.. it really is like he just gets his stats then doesn't give a crap.. i have been calling this out all season.. so i am not surprised about this cut.. he has been lazy this year.. and the fact that you guys think you know more about a player then the coaching staff that is with him every day of practice and every game day.. well its just laughable laugh.giflaugh.gif

then cut the whole team as far as i'm concerned. hardly any of them have displayed heart so i don't know why you single grady out. he was originally brought here to suppliment our defensive line in playing a limited role anyhow. not have to be in there as much as possible.

grady is not what he was last season. people are thinking because he was good last year, he was this year too. he wasnt. even as big as he was, he looked like he was on skates often, getting pushed around on the line. trey lewis has been better imo. maybe they want him getting the reps, and if he does, it is a waste to keep jackson around.

i figured he would be cut in the offseason, but i must say it suprised me when i logged on this morning.