people should not have any expactations for next season

carboran

i don't know how i feel about our prospects in 2008. the main problem is that there are not any truly franchise qb's coming up. there are several good qb's but none of them are franchise caliber from what i have seen. drafting one of them would be a mistake, i think, and a waste of a round pick. i think we should be clear about a couple of things

a) we need a re-building year and

cool.gif as much as it hurts to say it, this is not it. this is not a rebuilding season - it is just an awful, "wtf do we do" season.

next year should be the rebuilding year - getting a better ol and some solid free agent for our secondary. we should lay the foundations next year and then draft a qb, who can have a good rookie year - like v. young, ben roethlisberger etc.

i personally, am not expecting much from next season, but maybe the one after it.... we can only hope. whatever it is, next season is going to be average at best, and more likely it will be very crappy.

i am trying to be realistic and not pessimistic. i don't think we are terrible. i ctually think that with some luck, we should have been a 3-3 team and not 1-5. however, we haven't had much luck, and we have also not really laid any foundations for the future. those will be laid next year by solidifying the o-line and the secondary. and expanded upon by drafting a franchise qb in 2009 (the kentuck qb, maybe)

i am trying to be realistic and not pessimistic. i don't think we are terrible. i ctually think that with some luck, we should have been a 3-3 team and not 1-5. however, we haven't had much luck, and we have also not really laid any foundations for the future. those will be laid next year by solidifying the o-line and the secondary. and expanded upon by drafting a franchise qb in 2009 (the kentuck qb, maybe)

woodson is a senior, he will go in the 2008 draft. their jr qb is not ranked (yet)