blame mckay if you like for the horrible o-line on the field

mv4mvp

rich mckay is the victim of a failed experiment. when mckay took the job as gm, his recomendation to mr. blank was to hire lovie smith as hc and build a team around a defense. jim mora was a brilliant car salesman and convinced blank that he had the perfect offense for mike vick. mr. blank fell for it hook, line, and sinker. i'm not blaming mr. blank either but i do blame mora, knapp, and gibbs for the problems along the line and it is not something that is going to be fixed over night. we need some first round and pro bowl talent along the line or we will never be successful.

is it fact or rumor that lovie smith was mckay's man? i haven't seen that verified.

if it is true then arthur blank needs to stfu and let the football guys make the football decisions. it seems like every time blank intervenes he screws something up royally.

couldnt have said it any better...

is it fact or rumor that lovie smith was mckay's man? i haven't seen that verified.

if it is true then arthur blank needs to stfu and let the football guys make the football decisions. it seems like every time blank intervenes he screws something up royally.

i can't really say that i heard this from rich mckay himself but it was all over 680 and 790 when mora was hired.

here's the problem: blank can't/won't fire himself.

so it falls on mckay's shoulders as the top football man in the organization to manipulate however he has to, in order to build the team in the image he sees fit. if blank is in fact that overbearing, then it is up to mckay to minimalize his direct influence on football decisions. the fact that he goes on vacation safari with blank is questionable.

for one, while i've heard rumors that blank loved mora, but mckay loved...lovie - i too question the veracity of reports indicating that mckay was not on board with mora's hiring, but that said - mora's hiring still goes on mckay's record. i would be very surprised if a man of mckay's stature and experience allowed himself to coerced into his first major hiring with a new organization.

i still blame mckay, point is he is the gm, and he has not spent draft picks or fa money on upgrading the oline. i don't care what alex gibbs said, but as a gm you can see that our o-line was getting beat against more physical teams. example after the kc game, mckay himself said that atlanta needed to get faster at the lb position and on the edges, what did he do. he went out and got faster players: williams, boley, nicholas, beck all faster lbs. i don't blame mckay for the jim mora experiment, but i blame him for the o-line and the kicking situation, cowboys found that fork guy in the late rounds, mckay likes to try to find undrafted free agents and turn them into good kickers, well it has not worked. one of the reasons we are 1-4 is that we can't make a field goal from over 45 yards.

rich mckay is the victim of a failed experiment. when mckay took the job as gm, his recomendation to mr. blank was to hire lovie smith as hc and build a team around a defense. jim mora was a brilliant car salesman and convinced blank that he had the perfect offense for mike vick. mr. blank fell for it hook, line, and sinker. i'm not blaming mr. blank either but i do blame mora, knapp, and gibbs for the problems along the line and it is not something that is going to be fixed over night. we need some first round and pro bowl talent along the line or we will never be successful.

we don't need 5 pro bowl offensive linemen to be successful, however if we got a stud lt, and upgraded the center position we would be much better. standout lt, forney, better bigger c, forney, weiner -- would be a much better offensive line both running and passing than we have now. we could zone run to the right side and power run up the middle and to the left side.

we don't need 5 pro bowl offensive linemen to be successful, however if we got a stud lt, and upgraded the center position we would be much better. standout lt, forney, better bigger c, forney, weiner -- would be a much better offensive line both running and passing than we have now. we could zone run to the right side and power run up the middle and to the left side.

we may have our center already, datish is on ir, he was pretty good at ohio state and is a big guy. so maybe we only need a lt and could sign a good fa tackle or guard, never hurts to have depth or a replacement for forney or weiner.

mckay's job is to listen to the coaches and make the moves they ask for. he was told that you don't have to get a huge powerful ol to make your franchise sucessful. therefore, he drafted as such.

in no way shape or form is mckay responsible for the current state of the ol.