Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'real story'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Falcons Boards
    • Talk About the Falcons
    • Around the NFL
    • Pure Football
    • NFL Draft and Free Agency
    • Talk About The Atlanta Braves
    • Talk About the Atlanta Hawks
    • Talk About the Atlanta United FC
    • Rival Central
    • College Sports Forum
    • Dome Field Advantage
    • Falcons Game Day Discussion
    • Tailgating Central
    • Road Trip!
    • Training Camp Observations
    • Falcons 365 Merchandise Forum
    • Suggestion Box
    • Graphics and Multimedia
    • Contest Forum
  • Miscellaneous Forums
    • Fantasy Football and Video Gaming
    • Anything but Football
    • Anything But Logic
    • Thread Hall of Fame

Calendars

  • Community Calendar

Categories

  • Articles

Found 1 result

  1. https://apnews.com/e56e602444514305ae73a5b5e8417702?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_NFL NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A Louisiana judge ordered that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and three officials from January’s NFC title game be questioned under oath in September about the infamous “no-call” that helped the Los Angeles Rams beat the New Orleans Saints in January’s NFC title game, a lawyer said Monday. Attorney Antonio LeMon, who filed a lawsuit over the game that advanced the Rams to the Super Bowl, said he and league attorneys will pick a mutually agreeable date for depositions in New Orleans — barring any league appeals that might delay or cancel the questioning. A league spokesman declined comment. LeMon’s lawsuit seeks $75,000 in damages — to be donated to charity — over the failure to flag a pass interference or roughness penalty against Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman for his helmet-to-helmet hit on receiver Tommylee Lewis well before a pass arrived. The no-call came at a crucial point in the game against the New Orleans Saints. The Rams won and advanced to the Super Bowl. State Civil District Court Judge Nicole Sheppard of New Orleans ruled earlier this month that LeMon’s lawsuit could proceed. She also ruled then that LeMon can request documents and ask questions of NFL officials. She said Monday that depositions should take place in September. She also set Aug. 22 for the next hearing in the lawsuit, according to LeMon. Other suits dealing with the blown call have wound up in federal court, where they have failed. They included one long-shot effort to have the game or a crucial part of it played over before the Rams met the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, which the Patriots won. LeMon, whose lawsuit alleges fraud by NFL officials, has crafted his lawsuit to avoid having it taken over by a federal court, in part by keeping the damages sought low. He said Monday that he intends for any money won to go to former Saints star Steve Gleason’s charity to aid people with neuromuscular diseases. Gleason was diagnosed with ALS in 2011.